Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another maximum room-occupancy question  (Read 10650 times)

ECMajor

Another maximum room-occupancy question
« on: 06.02.2010, 14:54:45 »

Ok, so i read the other posts about rooms, and i'm still unsure about how this works.

I understand most of the rooms are double rooms, which means they are designed for two people, with one bed. And extra beds are available, but very limited.

That's fine... what i'm wondering is, can we still have three or four people in a room? Is there some kind of fire code against this for some reason?
I am perfectly fine sleeping on the floor, and being that i regularly attend American cons, i'm quite used to it. (We usually have 4 or 5 people per room)

It would be quite sad if rooms were limited to two people... where's the fun in that?
Anyhow, i would like to know if it is okay to sleep on the floor and thus be a third or fourth person in a room or if sleeping without a bed is forbidden.

Still as mindboggled as ever by European convention practices,
-ecmajor

RealZero

• Convention Security Operative
  • Metal, gaming, cartoons, vegan, environment, nerd♥
    • All links at Carrd
Re: Another maximum room-occupancy question
« Reply #1 on: 06.02.2010, 17:27:02 »

I don't know the new hotel's rules and all, but in another thread, Cheetah said:

If the hotel sees three people on the list for a double room, they will assume you want a third bed.
(http://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,2149.msg19329.html#msg19329)

From THAT statement I guess you cannot sleep on anything else besides the beds provided.
But that is also as much as I know BY NOW from what was officially said so far, maybe we'll know more later and maybe there will be other arrangements with the hotel once the convention draws nearer, we'll see.

Greetings,
RealZero
I would like to see Steve Purcell and Greg Weisman as GOH.

Greetings, fellow vegan furs! ♥

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #2 on: 06.02.2010, 18:25:54 »

Ok, so i read the other posts about rooms, and i'm still unsure about how this works.

I'll answer your hidden question.

NO, it won't get any cheaper for you if you overstuff your room.  ;D
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Whitefang

« Reply #3 on: 07.02.2010, 20:08:47 »

I would suggest having an eye on the thread RealZero mentioned.

And regarding the 'hidden question' - no, it's not what I'm after. I just want to be together with my friends as that way it's more fun, just like ECMajor said.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 07.02.2010, 20:42:26 »

It won't be available as a regular option. However, if you contact us after registering, we'll see what we can do.
yours,

Cheetah

ECMajor

« Reply #5 on: 09.02.2010, 04:19:46 »

I'll answer your hidden question.

NO, it won't get any cheaper for you if you overstuff your room.  ;D

Yeah, i read that part elsewhere... and even though it's frustrating and makes no sense to me, i can deal with everyone paying a set amount.
I just want to share a room with my friends, that's all. ;_; A con is not a proper con without a roomfull of friends.
It doesn't seem like it would be that much of an issue, but for some reason it is.

drayygon

• The UK communities militant dragon
« Reply #6 on: 09.02.2010, 10:27:07 »

I can't see the issue though, so what if i only share my room while sleeping with just one friend. I'll have my friends swing round at times OR meet them at the bar and get oh so merry ^.=.^

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 09.02.2010, 10:51:43 »

Yeah, i read that part elsewhere... and even though it's frustrating and makes no sense to me, i can deal with everyone paying a set amount.

It has organisational reasons. In the end you pay the same, no matter if we split double rooms up "per person" or "per room". The difference however is, that since we re-sell the hotel rooms instead of leaving the booking to the guests themselves, we have to keep track of who's staying in which room. So eveyone has to book his or her place individually, and that's why prices are split "per person", too.

I just want to share a room with my friends, that's all. ;_; A con is not a proper con without a roomfull of friends.

As I said ... just contact us by email, and we'll make sure you get your room full of friends. The problem is, we already have 4 bookable room categories, and people have different expectations about 3/4 people rooms (extra bed/ no extra bed, double bed/single beds), and if we take them all into account, we'd end up with more than 25 bookable categories .... and of course we would have to make sure they all match when people form groups, and we would have to track available supply for each of those. Sorry, but we just can't do that.

We might open the 3/4 person categories up with a very limited set of feature when we fill up with double rooms, but until the point where we have no other sensible choice anyways, it'll be available on individual request only.

It doesn't seem like it would be that much of an issue, but for some reason it is.

Sometimes, like an old german proverb says, "the devil hides in the details" :)
« Last Edit: 09.02.2010, 12:51:42 by Cheetah »
yours,

Cheetah
Pages: [1]   Go Up