Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Alcohol  (Read 170860 times)

vegivamp

Re: Alcohol
« Reply #15 on: 08.03.2007, 17:08:42 »

May be dummy question, but how important role alcohol generally have in event(s) like this? Is someone, who doesn't drink, going to be very lonely?

I don't drink at all... and I prefer cons with a low alcohol-per-person ratio. Here are the 7 reasons why:

1. The conversations make more sense, content-wise
2. The language people talk in is understandable, pronounciation-wise
3. You don't miss the con passed out in a bathroom corner
4. You won't wake up in the morning married to a sheep
5. You may find less "friends" but you will actually remember them afterwards
6. You will actually benefit from attending the panels and SIGs. Intellectual capacity be praised!
7. Your reputation will remain unscathed, especially if you're on a con for the first time and make a first impression on many, many people
7. There will be no sinister wolf on your tail threatening to push you into a cold shower to sober up
7. You don't need to pay extra for cleaning services
7. You will retain your ability to count.

Limiting the amount one imbibes on a con is an excellent idea!
 :D

1. ...but tends to be less funny :-)
2. It's like babies understanding each other's gibberish - you just need to drink more :-)
3. I'm sure there's a very nice view on the mountain while you're removing the excess from your stomach :-p
4. http://www.adultsheepfinder.com
5. i'd like to propose a toast, to the nights we'll never forget; and to the nights we'll never remember!
6 and on. ...point :-)

Alcohol isn't a black-and-white thing, it's just a matter of regulating how much you drink for yourself. It can be a tremendous addition to an evening with friends, but if you overdo it, you're in hell - just like everything in life, moderation is key.

~7~CyanFOX~7~

« Reply #16 on: 08.03.2007, 17:17:32 »

giving the fox more naughty ideas xD

May be dummy question, but how important role alcohol generally have in event(s) like this? Is someone, who doesn't drink, going to be very lonely?

I don't drink at all... and I prefer cons with a low alcohol-per-person ratio. Here are the 7 reasons why:

1. The conversations make more sense, content-wise
2. The language people talk in is understandable, pronounciation-wise
3. You don't miss the con passed out in a bathroom corner
5. You may find less "friends" but you will actually remember them afterwards
6. You will actually benefit from attending the panels and SIGs. Intellectual capacity be praised!
7. Your reputation will remain unscathed, especially if you're on a con for the first time and make a first impression on many, many people
7. There will be no sinister wolf on your tail threatening to push you into a cold shower to sober up
7. You don't need to pay extra for cleaning services
7. You will retain your ability to count.

Limiting the amount one imbibes on a con is an excellent idea!
 :D

1. ...but tends to be less funny :-)
2. It's like babies understanding each other's gibberish - you just need to drink more :-)
3. I'm sure there's a very nice view on the mountain while you're removing the excess from your stomach :-p
4. http://www.adultsheepfinder.com
5. i'd like to propose a toast, to the nights we'll never forget; and to the nights we'll never remember!
6 and on. ...point :-)

Alcohol isn't a black-and-white thing, it's just a matter of regulating how much you drink for yourself. It can be a tremendous addition to an evening with friends, but if you overdo it, you're in hell - just like everything in life, moderation is key.

CybaSheep

« Reply #17 on: 08.03.2007, 17:28:44 »

I take strong exception to the implications stated therein. :(

somewolf

« Reply #18 on: 08.03.2007, 17:45:44 »

I take strong exception to the implications stated therein.

i'm with you ...and on another point stated above... well   *giggles*

just
somewolf    ..who's grandfather was a sheepherd..not the dog ..tz

~7~CyanFOX~7~

« Reply #19 on: 08.03.2007, 17:47:23 »

*ears droop and curls up around the sheep's feet*

I take strong exception to the implications stated therein. :(

vegivamp

« Reply #20 on: 08.03.2007, 21:40:25 »

That is very untypical behaviour for a fox.

Wait... who am I talking to, again ?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

~7~CyanFOX~7~

« Reply #21 on: 08.03.2007, 22:39:15 »

I'm allowed to show empathy?  And I always curl up around everyone's feet paws, I'm like living slippers; but i bite >.>

That is very untypical behaviour for a fox.

Wait... who am I talking to, again ?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Jager

• Long live the south
    • SCV dot org
« Reply #22 on: 11.03.2007, 01:30:22 »

I try to avoid drinking, The reason being I get a few in me and I'll look for a fight.
Yeah I light my own farts and your point is?

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #23 on: 11.03.2007, 18:54:38 »

That would be no good idea................

Jager

• Long live the south
    • SCV dot org
« Reply #24 on: 12.03.2007, 00:51:19 »

No shit, I would rathier avoid a trip to a german jail.
Yeah I light my own farts and your point is?

K9Primate

« Reply #25 on: 12.03.2007, 14:53:23 »

I try to avoid drinking, The reason being I get a few in me and I'll look for a fight.

It's a real shame you got that affliction because German beer is really good tasting, but I must admit not worth that risk.

last EF someone offered me a "Bayerisches Weißbier" now you must know, normally I hate beer.
But curiosity made me accept his kind offer.
And now I must say, unfortunately (but of course as expected) I haven't seen it here in any shop. :(
I've seen canned versions of German Weißbier at the supermarket (Lidl incidentally), of course it's not the same but I might try it. ::)
Furcode: FCM3df A--- C+ D H+ M- P+ R+ T+ W--- Z Sm RLAT a++ c e f- h* i+ j* p- sm+

vegivamp

« Reply #26 on: 12.03.2007, 16:53:15 »

German beer is really good tasting

And that from a resident of the country that gave Heineken to the world...

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #27 on: 12.03.2007, 22:05:52 »

Well, he didn't say that Dutch beer wasn't good tasting. Heineken, however, is a beer without any characteristics. Germany has mediocre beers, too: Warsteiner, Bitburger, Krombacher... But at least that's beer. Where I am right now people associate that soda pop called Bud with beer.  At least I cannot blame the folks in this specific state for it, as most of them do not drink alcoholic beverages at all. Yes, I am in Utah currently.

I bought a box of Heineken the other day (which, at least, is a beer,) just wanting to see what happens. The cashier demanded my photo ID (though she didn't for the other customer who was buying cigarettes.) I gave her my German ID card, which is another one of my practical jokes when I'm in the US: try to confuse them with weird documents. Much to my disappointment, it never worked before. Usually it is just one short look and that's it. But this lady was looking at the card for over a minute, then requested the passport (which has a very similar card), compared both cards for another minute, trying to comprehend, sighed and gave me back both documents. Hilarious!
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

K9Primate

« Reply #28 on: 12.03.2007, 22:38:31 »

I absolutely do not understand what people like about Heineken, I find it horrible.
But that is what is normally been associated with beer here in Holland, perhaps that is why I always said I didn't like beer.
It could be the same as with McDonald's: if you advertise enough people will seriously start to believe it's good.
Furcode: FCM3df A--- C+ D H+ M- P+ R+ T+ W--- Z Sm RLAT a++ c e f- h* i+ j* p- sm+

~7~CyanFOX~7~

« Reply #29 on: 13.03.2007, 00:58:01 »

hahhahaha that pWNz <3

Well, he didn't say that Dutch beer wasn't good tasting. Heineken, however, is a beer without any characteristics. Germany has mediocre beers, too: Warsteiner, Bitburger, Krombacher... But at least that's beer. Where I am right now people associate that soda pop called Bud with beer.  At least I cannot blame the folks in this specific state for it, as most of them do not drink alcoholic beverages at all. Yes, I am in Utah currently.

I bought a box of Heineken the other day (which, at least, is a beer,) just wanting to see what happens. The cashier demanded my photo ID (though she didn't for the other customer who was buying cigarettes.) I gave her my German ID card, which is another one of my practical jokes when I'm in the US: try to confuse them with weird documents. Much to my disappointment, it never worked before. Usually it is just one short look and that's it. But this lady was looking at the card for over a minute, then requested the passport (which has a very similar card), compared both cards for another minute, trying to comprehend, sighed and gave me back both documents. Hilarious!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Up