Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Alcohol  (Read 170919 times)

Okami

• Garou of the Silent Strider
Re: Alcohol
« Reply #90 on: 07.06.2007, 19:14:28 »

By reading all these recipes for drinks I wonder how many furs will be send home because of being to drunk.
If you hear a wolf howl, you can guess which pain he feels.

Arwooo~!

somewolf

« Reply #91 on: 07.06.2007, 19:46:11 »

I wonder how many furs will be send home because of being to drunk.

let this be my problem

i wonder how many will miss a great con, cool events, meeting new friends 'cause of being drunk!

''have you been to ef?''   ''yes but i can't remember''  whata nice pic for the public /(

just
somewolf

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team
« Reply #92 on: 07.06.2007, 20:01:13 »

It has never been that bad, neither at EF nor at MMC. People tend to drink a lot of alcohol, but they usually also know when to stop. You'll always have a handful of people who don't know how to behave, but these are less than 1% of the attendees.
Official Something

Okami

• Garou of the Silent Strider
« Reply #93 on: 07.06.2007, 20:06:56 »

It has never been that bad, neither at EF nor at MMC. People tend to drink a lot of alcohol, but they usually also know when to stop. You'll always have a handful of people who don't know how to behave, but these are less than 1% of the attendees.

Well, that's still at least up to five people but good to know.
If you hear a wolf howl, you can guess which pain he feels.

Arwooo~!

somewolf

« Reply #94 on: 07.06.2007, 20:25:02 »

hey BBF you are right: it never was a problem
i just picked up Okamis refference to the amount of talk here about how to get drunk

ok let me re-write my last post:

i'm pretty sure noone will need the help of the paramedics for being drunk too much this time

i'm realy sure about that  *hint*

just
somewolf

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #95 on: 08.06.2007, 11:21:55 »

I think it would still be safe to drink after all that time.

What I don't get is why everybody here seems so keen on making intentionally bad drinks :)
yours,

Cheetah

KennoFox

« Reply #96 on: 08.06.2007, 11:24:46 »

Because thats the fun with drinking, anyone with abit of knowledge can make a new special drink that wont make you go blind

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #97 on: 08.06.2007, 11:27:42 »

Because thats the fun with drinking, anyone with abit of knowledge can make a new special drink that wont make you go blind

Kenno, I was talking about INTENTIONALLY BAD drinks, like using "alcohol powder" or "nuclear waste" and then bragging about how fast it turns you into a babbling puking idiot. Like, what half of this thread is about :) I find it rather immature.
yours,

Cheetah

Blue_Panther

• 2nd Art Show Director
  • Art Show
  • Bouncy Pheline
    • Blue Spaces
« Reply #98 on: 08.06.2007, 12:35:52 »

Given the suggestions of "alcohol powder" or "nuclear waste" I very much challenge the knowledge of alcoholic beverages. A professional Bar Attendant - whom I don't think you will challenge his knowledge for obvious reasons - will most certainly have a smile and firm "No" to most of the suggestions here :)

And most certainly would suggest to try the lokal beer on location. I can confirm it is quite tastey.

TbW
«The trouble with quotes taken from the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine.»

Abraham Lincoln

whitewulfe

« Reply #99 on: 09.06.2007, 20:17:15 »

*grins* appart form that, I am wondering if I am the only one worried by the aspect of "cheap" alcohol? Face it, if it's cheap, it is either a headache enhancer or a drinkable cleaning substitute.

And people wonder why I'm willing to spend $40-60 CAD on a 750 of vodka when I could buy a bottle of Finlandia or - dare I say it - Silent Sam...  ^_^

I'll second the whole "what's the point" to getting drunk on one shot bit...  Alcohol is supposed to be enjoyed, not abused.

Runo

• Pawpet Show
  • Manul (Pallas' Cat)
« Reply #100 on: 10.06.2007, 01:19:49 »

Ahhh, Finlandia is not THAT bad, at least the one you get in Finland... But Koskenkorva is better...  ;)

Jojo
Elämä on epävarmaa - syö jälkiruoka ensin!

LJ | Twitter | dA | FA | My Suits

whitewulfe

« Reply #101 on: 10.06.2007, 12:40:15 »

Ahhh, Finlandia is not THAT bad, at least the one you get in Finland... But Koskenkorva is better...  ;)

Jojo

We seem to get not so great imports here in Canada...  Absynthe that's lacking wormwood (and taste, lol), our Bols vodka comes in a plastic container and has insane amounts of sugar in it (literally, we jokingly call it 40% sugar here in the house), and Finlandia... I dunno, Smirnoff tastes better.. *shrugs*  But if I had to pick anything, gimme mah 42 Below or Liquid Ice. :)

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #102 on: 15.06.2007, 21:21:25 »

Seen in eosfoxx livejournal..........just interesting:  http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/mensch/0,1518,488725,00.html

whitewulfe

« Reply #103 on: 17.06.2007, 03:56:41 »

Seen in eosfoxx livejournal..........just interesting:  http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/mensch/0,1518,488725,00.html

I managed to catch "sex" "drugs" and "alcohol".  beyond that, got me what it's about, lol

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #104 on: 17.06.2007, 12:06:25 »

Its a study about british teenagers, who are not able to handle alcohol anymore.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Up