Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Honest Feedback about external restaurants here please.  (Read 28709 times)

Karasaph

Re: Honest Feedback about external restaurants here please.
« Reply #30 on: 08.09.2010, 13:04:13 »

Alex had an all you can eat breakfast. It was at the fountain, as some people have mentioned. I enjoyed it and I also had my first orangina there.

The chinese restaurant next to the fan bar wasn't good. I had to wait too long and they didn't bothered about the discount.

my favorite Bar was Cocktail Bar One right next to the hotel where they had a cocktail happy hour on Thursday from 8 pm to 10 pm. The place was packed, so I had to wait a half hour for my last cocktail, but I paid 3 Euro's for every cocktail at that hour. That was awesome! Reasonable prices of cocktails ranging from 4,90 to 7 Euro. And food is cheap, too. I just tried the French Fries and it could fill ones stomach.

Alpha_Ki

• Dealers Den Supervisor
  • Dealers Den
  • Apfelwolf on duty
    • *art art art art art*
« Reply #31 on: 08.09.2010, 15:19:31 »

We tried to get into that Cocktailbar "One"... didn't get far.
It's an all smokers place inside and it was outside was closed... nothing where I want to chill and eat actually.

penpen

« Reply #32 on: 08.09.2010, 16:15:03 »

the italian place was really really warmly.
food is really good , cheap
thay made a discount. we haven't to spend a lot of time to wait

no really . a good restaurant. ^^

Huskyboy

• FC[HuskyFuchs]3a A- C D H++ M- P+ R++ T+++ W Z Sm+
« Reply #33 on: 08.09.2010, 16:15:54 »

Negative feedback on the chinese restaurant 'next to the hotel', it's a fancy looking place and it looks tidy, but on Sunday we had to wait for our food from 19:00 until 20:50, and by then it still was not served. I even went to ask the waitress about it and the response I received was "You must patience 20 minutes".
A handful of us decided to pay for the drinks we had whilst playing the waiting game, and left shortly after.

Note: I did go there with a small group earlier and the food was served reasonably quick that time, and it DID TASTE DELICIOUS.
Note: I'm not sure wether this one was on the flyer.

hm we had no problems with that Restaurant, it was quick, taste and the people where friendly.. Ok and i got a Chinese beer for free  ;D

drayygon

• The UK communities militant dragon
« Reply #34 on: 08.09.2010, 23:03:31 »

I went to the House of Steak twice (Wednesday night with Korrok and her Fella -sorry to hear it caused your illness :(- and again on Saturday after the Motor meet) It is reasonably priced and I found the staff pretty nice, food was served in a decent time for my liking as it did give time to chat and enjoy ourselves. Though when we asked for the coffee offer on Saturday we were told they weren't doing any offers. (Did get complimented on our tails by a random German customer hehe)

Myself and Meyou had a slice of pizza each from this pizza stall in the Mall behind the Maritim one night, 3 euro a slice which were pretty big. Tasty and filled the gap for some time.

The snack bar in the Hotel I gotta say wasn't too bad, 2.50 for a curryvurst isn't too much though I would have liked to have seen something with it like chips or rice perhaps.

And that's me done for food reviews this year ^.=.^

CleanerWolf

• Camera Crew
  • Video Team
  • Lupine furry freak
« Reply #35 on: 08.09.2010, 23:29:57 »

I highly recommend "La Piazza", the italian restaurant near the fountain. Very friendly people, ultra fast service and delicious pizza. They were also very nice to my dog and gave him a bowl with water.

The greek restaurant "Asteria" was ok too, excellent salad and fast service, but I had better Tiropitakia at other restaurants before. 
Furry conventions are like light bubbles in a dark ocean.

Blue_Panther

• 2nd Art Show Director
  • Art Show
  • Bouncy Pheline
    • Blue Spaces
« Reply #36 on: 09.09.2010, 16:06:50 »

Negative feedback on the chinese restaurant 'next to the hotel', it's a fancy looking place and it looks tidy, but on Sunday we had to wait for our food from 19:00 until 20:50, and by then it still was not served.

I can't second that experience. I was at the "Qilin" myself during that time and the orders of our table of eleven were dealt with the friendlyness and swiftness we had encountered the visits before. I guess, it highly dependended on where you were seated also what exactly you ordered at that time: The service personel at our table did point out, they were overrun and had to take various set dishes off the menue, as they had or were running out of ingredients rapidly. My guess is, they were running on their "normal weekend & calm Sunday" stock, instead of "OMG The Furries are Next Door!" stock. Never the less the food was excellent, the place was clean, service friendly and 20% off when you displayed your Conbadge is not to be sneezed at - you !did! have to display it though!

A different kettle of fish was the Italian Place "Palazzo" down the road. Whereas I don't have any complaints about the quality of the food (their Brunch/Breakfast set menues are well worth the money) the service lacked panache and friendlyness. Apparently one of the people serving was up to the challenge with a smile, whilst others couldn't cope at all. Upon my visit I seemed to be out of luck, the man serving my table being condesenting, snappy and at times downright rude to the women accompaning me, bossing them around when taking their orders. 10% off upon displaying Badge is a cool offer, but it wasn't enough to make me welcome. That experience was the reason for me to give the "Qilin" a try the next day.

TbW
«The trouble with quotes taken from the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine.»

Abraham Lincoln

MOW

• Registration
« Reply #37 on: 09.09.2010, 18:48:22 »

I forgot to mention one of the best pieces of meat ever was sold on the counter in front of the supermarket's row of cashiers.. A kind of roast on a bone (dunno which kind of meat that was, though)
Was delicious.. (made the whole room smell of meat LOL).. and ... 2,5 euros a piece:) + 1 euros for slices of roasted potatoes..

If you mean the shop-in-shop counter on the right wall at the Kaufland, that was Schweinshaxe (knuckle of pork, very bavarian), but it was 2,20€ IIRC.

Cookie

« Reply #38 on: 09.09.2010, 20:46:09 »

I forgot to mention one of the best pieces of meat ever was sold on the counter in front of the supermarket's row of cashiers.. A kind of roast on a bone (dunno which kind of meat that was, though)
Was delicious.. (made the whole room smell of meat LOL).. and ... 2,5 euros a piece:) + 1 euros for slices of roasted potatoes..

If you mean the shop-in-shop counter on the right wall at the Kaufland, that was Schweinshaxe (knuckle of pork, very bavarian), but it was 2,20€ IIRC.

ah yes, it was 2,20 (even cheaper than i recalled).. and GREAAAAT!!

Thanks for telling me what i actually ate.. was NOMNOMNOM!!
"He's nice your uh ... uh.. squirrel?" said a guy talking about my ... ferret !

Ralesk

« Reply #39 on: 13.09.2010, 10:52:10 »

We went to the Palazzo twice, the Wenzel once and ate at the Chinese buffet place right next to the supermarket in the Kaufland mall once.

The Palazzo is simply awesome.  The prices are great even without the discount.  I loved the size and the quality of the food, I had a lasagne for 6.50 and a beer for 3.10 that left me barely able to move, something I wouldn’t have experienced even after spending 12 euros on the barbeque.  The second time I ate a pizza with peperoni on it and it too was very good.  They couldn’t deal well with the amount of guests though and they often confused tables, but if you told them you want to separate the bills at your table eventually and that you have a discount, they managed to do it.

Wenzel is right next to the little square where the wine festival was (the one with the funny fountain the fursuiters occupied last before going back in to the Maritim).  It’s a Czech restaurant, and though it’s slightly more expensive than the Palazzo and doesn’t give any kind of discount, I can recommend it because it has very tasty food.  I had a Kulajda (a wild mushroom soup, a cup for 3.80) and some gefüllte Knödel (7.50) – both of which were really good.
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

Nimrais

• Artist
    • http://www.nimrais.de
« Reply #40 on: 13.09.2010, 14:29:45 »

The Steak House: HORRIBLE. We went there with about 12 people. The prices are pretty cheap for a steak restaurant, but the waitress was 1. unfriendly 2. obviously annoyed and 3. bitchy. Someone of our group was surprised to have an orange in her ginger ale, the waitress said this is how it's supposed to be and then the girl of our group raised her eyebrow - unintentionally - whereupon the waitress asked in the most bitchy, arrogant tone why she raises her eyebrow like that. During the evening she continued to be arrogant, took EVERYTHING we said personally and made sassy comments. I have never ever encountered such a behaviour ever before. Nobody gave her one cent of tip, so she followed us outside to tell us we could get a free coffee if we want. Yes sure. After that we never went there again. *shakes head*

The italian restaurant: VERY yummy food. Good prices. The waitress was a bit overwhelmed with such a large group (about 12 people) and seemed also a bit annoyed. (she sighed LOUDLY when she came to our table to write down the orders) But all in all we got our food pretty fast and as I said it was very tasty.

Qilin, the asian restaurant: The food was simply amazing. I've never had asian food that was so tasty ever before. BUT ... the waiting times were horrible. We spent more than 2 1/2 hours there, most of the time waiting for our food. The waitresses were nice and friendly, but sometimes forgot to ask if we'd like to have something more to drink while waiting. But the food was so great, we went there 3 times. Also because of the 20% discount.

The croatian restaurant right behind the asian restaurant: Very tasty food, very friendly waitresses, we got our food in quite a short time. Awesome!

Kisu

• Mr Panther
    • Homepage
« Reply #41 on: 13.09.2010, 14:41:07 »

We mostly used the Steak house as it was about half the normal priced stakehouse of Helsinki and the quality was alot better and I mean alot better :P

The waitress understanded english which was big plus and even our little rusty germany was perfectly understood, like swapping with those mushroom gravies to other ones.

For this kinda place in Finland you'd need to pay atleast 20euros, no kidding.

Big plus for Steak house from me and Werewolf.

Pizza hut let us down. Dont try Bionade drink or the Maltsoda, you gonna puke. Also the Texas barbeque pizza tasted like asian food!! It should taste like american?

Well minus for the 1hour+ wait for pizza which tasted bad and the drinks
one plus for that they gave free Coca-cola as the Bionade wasnt for our taste.

You know, the waitress suggested to taste Bionade as I asked is there anything with alcohol that is like Sider or Longdrink there
and second time we went in and I asked malt beer, he gave me the non alcohol malt drink..
Prices were okay there so 2 stars out five for that
The name 'leopard' may derive from an old notion that leopards were the result of crosses between lions (leo) and panthers (pard).

Bostitch

« Reply #42 on: 13.09.2010, 19:30:42 »

Wednesday: Palazzo (Italian next to the hotel) with a group of 8. Discount given without having to ask for it (badges were visible though). Service was a mixed bag: some friendly, some grumpy. Our main waitress not willing/able to speak English, and (it being our first day) our German rusty. Food arrived on the slow side, 4 of us were happy with it (steaks, chicken dishes), 4 were disappointed (pastas, and schnitzel). For dessert the ice and apfelstrudel were good, tiramisu was a prefab sham.
Certainly good value for money, but the impression they gave was that they weren't prepared for these kinds of numbers.

Thursday: Asteria (Greek behind the hotel) with a group of 8 again. Discount given without asking for it, badges not visible. Service was fast and very friendly. Food arrived a tad on the slow side, but free appetizers and digestives given. All had either mixed grill or giros platters, excellent quality but huuuge portions. (I'm usually the group's garbage bin, and there were still 4 plates taken away only half-finished.) Desserts were again big, decent quality, but unimaginative.
By my hometown standards still very cheap, from the local restaurants we tried the most expensive, but still excellent value for money if you can finish your plate. Recommended on all counts.

Friday: La Piazza (Italian behind the hotel) again with 8. I'm a bit hazy if we got a discount or not, sorry. Service was good, and friendly, but they clearly had more eye for the group of a dozen 50+ ladies at the next table. (It's ok, I forgive them - those are the best tippers, I completely understand.) Food arrived slow for the amount of guests they had, but well within a decent time. We had a mix of pizzas and pastas, and one escargot. My pasta was excellent, everyone else seemed happy too (though how can you trust people that shun fresh basil?). For dessert we had either crepes or tiramisu - but real, honest, actual home-made tiramisu!
A+ for real tiramisu alone, good value (again) and nice food. Especially recommended for some lighter or vegetarian food after gorging on Greek the day before.

Saturday: Palazzo again, group of 4 12 8 10. Different staff, friendlier but slower. Made no hassle about people leaving early and paying seperately, and working out the remaining bill at the end, though. One of us ordered the same as on wednesday, and got a very different variation on it. We ordered very varied, everyone seemed happy with their food (or should I say, this was day 4 of the con, and I usually have maybe 1 drink a month at home).
As before, good value for money, but not the best food you've ever had.

Tseatah

« Reply #43 on: 13.09.2010, 19:54:23 »

Bingöl Döner Grill : Not too bad, though a bit heavy on the sauces. Good sized portions.

House of Steak : First time we tried to go there, they were rather brusque and bordering on rude. Said they had no tables, and said we couldn't wait. Second time was on Sunday early evening with a much larger group. Waited around 15 minutes and was generally good. Food was quite good (Pfeffersteak... *nom*), though a couple of people had to wait quite a bit for their food.

Schnitzel Temple : Fairlight's already covered this well - I was in that group, and on the same table as doco to see him eat all of that!

Alex : This place we kept going back to. Good service. Good prices. Good food... and a stone's throw away from the Maritim.

Kitt Foxx

« Reply #44 on: 13.09.2010, 20:44:32 »

I got good Indian food in the Alee Center behind the hotel.  The food was quickly served (mall type food court) and was delicious...got a complete entree for about 7 Euros.

The Tsing Tao restaurant had good Chinese food...for the group size we had we got served quickly...but it was on Sunday, and they had no other group but us!
« Last Edit: 13.09.2010, 20:46:24 by Kitt Foxx »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up