Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bitter Lake Movie Premiere at Eurofurence  (Read 20793 times)

KartFox

Re: Bitter Lake Movie Premiere at Eurofurence
« Reply #15 on: 08.07.2011, 02:10:15 »

It's refreshing to see such production effort and attention to detail going into a project like this.  I can't wait to see it.

Hopefully this will motivate others to create more high-quality projects like it. ;)

Prof. Godel Fishbreath

« Reply #16 on: 23.08.2011, 02:24:04 »

Ok, the con has passed.
The movie presumably was shown.
Where do I get an update on what is happening?

Elfasi

« Reply #17 on: 23.08.2011, 20:08:38 »

Hell's bitches, Bitter Lake was awesome! :D

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #18 on: 23.08.2011, 21:39:34 »

I agree, it was a great movie. Certainly if you consider the budget. I really liked it.

More people did. I really didn't feel like standing in that crowd pushing and pressing to buy a DVD.
« Last Edit: 23.08.2011, 23:49:56 by Fineas »

Fox-Tail

« Reply #19 on: 23.08.2011, 22:05:45 »

Well I've to say I'm pretty impressed. To be honest I didn't expected much when I saw the trailer on Youtube, but than I watched the movie on the EF and I was like " WWWOOOWWW!!!" XD Great work. I even bought the DVD there =)

The Soundtrack was the most amazing thing, because it wasn't that "crappy synth" orchestra. I'm looking forward for more "furry movies" like Bitter Lake =)
T.E.E.L. is in da house XD

Prof. Godel Fishbreath

« Reply #20 on: 24.08.2011, 22:54:32 »

Well some of us in the US are not so rich as to be able to make it to the con.
And really would like to see that movie. Or own that movie.
So, is there any chance?

Hey there!
Thanks for showing an intrest in our movie :)
As Runo put it... we are still working on the final touches and a release on a possible DVD has not yet been announced because we are still finalizing everything. This movie is being made by us, using our own funds and a little help on the side. That means we dont have tons to spend.

There will be a DVD release, that much I can say... we just dont know when yet. When its done and ready... we will have a better view at when a DVD might come to the fore.

As Furvan stated, the AC staff have officially told everyone the movie will be shown at AC2012... which we are of course very happy with.

I thought that the movie would be shown at Eurofurance 2011, as one of the biggest highlights of that con.
From the comments above it was shown there.
And now you are saying AC2012? Is that for the US release?
Waiting happens. As well as unexpected stuff.
Are you still putting the finishing touches on this? Even after the first showing?
I had expected a rousing report from EF2011. There seems to be enthusiastic reporting from EF2011.
Now I expect that the DVDs may come from there.
There is a temptation to bootleg one for a friend if one has the movie, which I don't, and the tech, which I don't, and lack of ethics and consideration for the film makers and their future productions, which I don't. But some do. And one is too many.
It then is good for the film makers to make the DVD available.
And have a super version later, if need be. Director's cut, blooper reel, extra stuff, better quality finished product, English etc. subtitles, or even US TV codes, whatever. (Hollywood is considering eliminating Spanish subtitles because of a well known piracy problem that is especially high in that language)
« Last Edit: 24.08.2011, 23:07:43 by Prof. Godel Fishbreath »

Prof. Godel Fishbreath

« Reply #21 on: 24.08.2011, 23:45:13 »

It's refreshing to see such production effort and attention to detail going into a project like this.  I can't wait to see it.

Hopefully this will motivate others to create more high-quality projects like it. ;)

One of the best motivators is if they can get their money back from the film.
So, please, respect yes, piracy no.

CleanerWolf

• Camera Crew
  • Video Team
  • Lupine furry freak
« Reply #22 on: 24.08.2011, 23:52:29 »

@Prof. Godel Fishbreath:
Yes, "Bitter Lake" was shown at EF and the day after the premiere they sold DVDs in the Dealer's Den. The movie is finished, the image quality of the DVD is excellent and there is also a "making of" included. Inside there was a little card from www.blackpaw.de, so I guess that the DVD will be available from their shop which will be back online sometimes in september. So, be patient, you will get your DVD.
Furry conventions are like light bubbles in a dark ocean.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up