Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: DDR / Video games room ?  (Read 22652 times)

gwyndolium

• The fruity husky!
Re: DDR / Video games room ?
« Reply #15 on: 09.07.2011, 16:48:51 »

Only got those foam things and they aren't really helping with all these people wanting to go on them haha. For suits they are perfect though!
"Just one sign... and your cookie is mine!"

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
« Reply #16 on: 09.07.2011, 19:41:21 »

Hi everyone!

There's a already a room scheduled for video games each evening, but the events lacks of a person in charge for it so far. All it takes is someone who pipes up and takes care of the events. In case of questions just send me a PM or ticket to events@eurofurence.org and we'll work something out.

Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

Hrs

• dickbutt
    • Du vin de qualité, messieurs!
« Reply #17 on: 09.07.2011, 23:48:42 »

Only got those foam things and they aren't really helping with all these people wanting to go on them haha. For suits they are perfect though!

Honestly, If there's nothing else, that would be fine :D
Nope.

gwyndolium

• The fruity husky!
« Reply #18 on: 09.07.2011, 23:54:17 »

Not gonna stay in the room for the whole evening though. Too much a waste of contime for me.

Hrs

• dickbutt
« Reply #19 on: 09.07.2011, 23:58:27 »

Not gonna stay in the room for the whole evening though. Too much a waste of contime for me.

Actually... I can't too!
Anyway, last year the room often empty, and there was no problem.
Nope.

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
« Reply #20 on: 10.07.2011, 18:31:04 »

There's no need to stay in the room, sitting around and being bored the whole time.
Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

Gyroplast

• H.C. Chief of Security
  • Convention Security Operative
« Reply #21 on: 11.07.2011, 09:10:48 »

On the other hand, we (= convention staff and security) cannot and will not take any responsibly for stolen, lost or damaged equipment. The room can be locked down when not in use, though.
Give a man a fish, cats will pester him for a day. Teach a man to fish, cats will plague him for a lifetime.

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
« Reply #22 on: 11.07.2011, 12:16:46 »

Usually, I communicate the rules for those evening/late night events with the person in charge after she/he contacted me. But mentioning it does no harm.
Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

Saber

« Reply #23 on: 11.07.2011, 20:11:36 »

(Again I need to say that my English is not the best but I hope you can understand me)

It would be nice if there is a ddr room again this year. Last year I had the supervising over the room. But I got the feeling last year that there where much less visitors in the ddr room then the year before in Suhl. So I would recommend that we shorten the time.

If no one else is up for doing the supervising I could do it for 2 evenings for maximal 3 hours. Like last year I could bring my ddr pad, projector and sound system again with me. And maybe this time my computer should not do the same shit with the ddr pads again that both pads get the same buttons :(

For example we can do the ddr room on the second and third regular EF day from 21 o’clock until 24 o’clock if this would be okay for you Hrs to bring your pad for this time?

Btw. I am one of this freaking guys called “gamers” too. So if someone is up for some classic games especially slot machine games like Street fighter or Metal Slug just ask me on the con then.

Hrs

• dickbutt
« Reply #24 on: 11.07.2011, 21:46:49 »

@Saber

Could you bring another pad too ? I'll have my pad during EF anyway, so that's not a problem :)
If you're ok to bring one pad, I wouldn't mind helping setting up the DDR room, but I won't stay in the room during the whole event.
Anyway, I think there will be no problems even if we leave the room empty sometimes. I think we can rely on everybody.

Just let me know.

On the other hand, we (= convention staff and security) cannot and will not take any responsibly for stolen, lost or damaged equipment. The room can be locked down when not in use, though.

natürlich!
But I think that there won't be any problem.
« Last Edit: 11.07.2011, 22:00:36 by Hrs »
Nope.

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
« Reply #25 on: 12.07.2011, 09:30:28 »

You don't have to offer it 'til sunrise. We can schedule 2-3 hours each evening. If it's well attended we can keep it running or lock the room earlier in case of less interest then thought.
Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

Saber

« Reply #26 on: 12.07.2011, 17:34:24 »

@Saber

Could you bring another pad too ?

I would bring my metal pad for it. Leaving the room shortly empty to set up a fursuit on to play together with some other suiters was no problem last year too. And the employee of the hotel was really quick if we needed the room opened or closed. I do not see there any problem.

You don't have to offer it 'til sunrise. We can schedule 2-3 hours each evening. If it's well attended we can keep it running or lock the room earlier in case of less interest then thought.

I think we can do it then in the way I said. Set the second and third regular day from 21 o’clock until 24 o’clock with open end if enough people come. And if not then we just close the doors. If you need more information or an official registration of the event just send me an email.

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
« Reply #27 on: 13.07.2011, 08:49:24 »

Heh, you got e-mail. But choosing Thursday and Friday was a good idea since Saturday the Big Blue Dance takes place and most attendees will either be at the dance or at the bar, enjoying the last official day of EF. It's nice to know that we can offer this event again. Thanks for the effort! :)
Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

Hrs

• dickbutt
« Reply #28 on: 13.07.2011, 09:18:56 »

Heh, you got e-mail. But choosing Thursday and Friday was a good idea since Saturday the Big Blue Dance takes place and most attendees will either be at the dance or at the bar, enjoying the last official day of EF. It's nice to know that we can offer this event again. Thanks for the effort! :)

Right, Opening the event on saturday is useless. There was almost nobody during the event at EF15 and EF16 because of the Dance.

@Saber

So you can expect me to help for the event setup ! As I said in the first post, I can provide some sound and displaying equipment if needed.
Nope.

gwyndolium

• The fruity husky!
« Reply #29 on: 14.07.2011, 10:53:26 »

As long there is no major event count me in for entertaining you guys on the pads in fursuit  ;D
And no not at level 1 but make it 7 or 8 depending on who made the darned tracks  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up