Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Eurofurence 2012 APP!  (Read 82587 times)

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
Eurofurence 2012 APP!
« on: 01.07.2012, 00:56:39 »

Finally got the time to sit down and update this post. A lot of things has happened since i first posted this and now EF draws closer. I will start by thanking all of you that have helped contributing so far (and those that still are contributing).

The current status of the apps are as follows,

iPhone (min Os version 5.1): In Apple Store, search for Eurofurence or click here. Current version 1.0.
Android (min android version: 2.2): On Google Play, search for Eurofurence or click here. Current version 1.2.

Live database has been published.

Android Version 1.2:
- Maps are now zoomed out
- Twitter links now work
- Maps follow if you go to landscape mode
- Room/Time/Date is now shown when you click on an event
- Small cosmetic fix

Android Version 1.1:
- Got the zoom to work using a WebView. Somewhat similar to what was suggested earlier in this thread.
- Added bigger dropdown menu items.
- Added both channels as an option in the twitter tab.
- Issue when downloading large files. This issue should now be solved.
- Clarifying text to the maps
- Fixed a problem when the app reported it needed WiFi
- Fixed an issue that would cause you to lose your notes if the database download failed
- Fixed layout issues in copyright tab
- Fixed an issue that would crash the app if you clicked on any event in the app
- Added new more accurate dealer and venue maps
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the app from reopen if the database got corrupt (through downloading)
- Intro tab is now only available in portrait mode. Reason is that if download the database and then turn the mobile, it resets the download
- Fixed an issue causing the app to stay in portrait mode after visiting the notes tab. Now it correctly follow the orientation once you leave the tabs notes/intro
- Fixed progress bar in the twitter tab. It is not correctly shown when you scroll down in the list of twitters.

Bugs after version 1.2:
- If you switch between portrait and landscape modes, then the data is retested. Example: You select a room in the events dropdownlist to show only events in that room. If you now go to landscape view, the search is retestedand it will show everything again.

After you have downloaded and installed the app you will be prompted to download the database. The current database only contains the information that was at hand when i created it. So a lot of things are missing from it. The bright side is that i implemented a function to update the database (also an alert function) that will alert you when i publish the "closer to EF" database.
That database will contain much more information and the download size will be between 5 and 15mb so WiFi if preferable. At the hotel you can access the hotel WiFi in certain areas.

The same goes for the twitter function. You can read twitters from #ef18 and @eurofurence. However it's not possible to tweet anything from the app (plan for future app).

I hope that it will be useful for the lot of you and i would appreciate as much feedback as possible.

Trax!

ps. Don't miss the cute cat on the last tab inside the application ;-)

// Old post

Thought it was time that someone did an APP for EF this year. So i took on the burden and created one.

The app is in beta-testing, meaning that the DATA IS NOT ACCURATE and i use that data purely for testing. There will be a live version that will be released before EF.
Feel free to download the app and test it and get back to this thread, email traxswe@gmail.com, FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/traxswe or twitter: @traxswe with your thoughts, comments and ideas. But please refrain from stupid or silly comments.

Currently the app exists only for android 2.3.3 and above (roughly 80% of all android mobiles).
Screen shot from my Galaxy S: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bmrt29pa4tx2dgt/SC20120701-003514.png

- The idea behind the dealers tab is that dealers can send me their info and i will then make it available in the app. That way the customers and others can easily see the work of dealers from anywhere in the hotel and, i hope, this will bring more business to the dealers den.
- Twitter is included in the app but is restricted to 6-9 days (twitter owns limitations), hopefully people will start to post a lot and thus we should be able to ignore this.
- Simple Notepad included to write down your upcoming room partys, room numbers, telephone number or similar. This is not shared with anyone.

I just started on the IPhone version, will see if i manage to get that done in time.

Improvements/Bugs/Ideas:
- (bug) Limited tweet channels
- (bug) Inserting an apostrophe in notes would cause it to crash
- (bug) Progressbar not always showing on Honeycomb (and higher?)
- (bug) App name in my applications is showing on 2 lines. Need to rename the app to EF 2012
- (improvement) If given permission, i would like to add the attendeelist and the fursuit badges, who is that fursuit?
- (improvement) Tweeting from the app
- (improvement) Landscape view not always optimal
- (improvement) The icon tab row is way too small to be useful on a normal phone (Google Nexus 1 here). How about making these vertical buttons that fill the screen and switch to sub-screens when you click them?

Permissions to run this:
Full internet access - used to get twitters.
Check network state - check if the phone has internet access to fetch twitters

Also thanks for those that have helped so far, you know who you are!
« Last Edit: 26.08.2012, 23:58:54 by TraxSwe »
Programmer and fursuiter. Your all friendly black 'n white house cat!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/traxswe/

Kiantis

• FA profile
Re: Eurofurence 2012 APP!
« Reply #1 on: 01.07.2012, 11:45:59 »

I can offer some advice for Android programming, if you need just ask.

Blaster-Hedgie

« Reply #2 on: 01.07.2012, 16:09:01 »

I'm having difficulty installing this onto my HTC Wildfire. Can you offer any help on how to do it?

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #3 on: 01.07.2012, 17:56:04 »

I'm having difficulty installing this onto my HTC Wildfire. Can you offer any help on how to do it?

What is happening? What does it say?

You need to be running Android 2.3.3, Wildfire runs 2.1 by default. But i think you can update that in your phone, HTC normally has a good updating system.

Santa fox

« Reply #4 on: 01.07.2012, 19:17:49 »

Seems quite interesting, have it downloaded to my Xperia and the only minor problem I can spot with it so far is that "Eurofurence" doesn't seem to fit on one line, so the e ends up being positioned directly under it.

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #5 on: 01.07.2012, 19:24:46 »

Seems quite interesting, have it downloaded to my Xperia and the only minor problem I can spot with it so far is that "Eurofurence" doesn't seem to fit on one line, so the e ends up being positioned directly under it.

On the beta tab?

Blaster-Hedgie

« Reply #6 on: 01.07.2012, 19:33:54 »

You need to be running Android 2.3.3, Wildfire runs 2.1 by default. But i think you can update that in your phone, HTC normally has a good updating system.

It simply says "Cannot unpack" when I try and run the file.

Santa fox

« Reply #7 on: 01.07.2012, 19:35:49 »

On the beta tab?

Not sure how I can take a photo of it, so it kinda looks like this on the app name, if it makes any sense;

"Eurofurenc
e 2012"

Like I said, tis nothing major or such.

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #8 on: 01.07.2012, 19:41:23 »

It simply says "Cannot unpack" when I try and run the file.

Can you check your Android version. Should be under settings. On Samsung phones it's under Settings->About.

Also make sure that you can install non-google play apps. At least Samsung has such a setting.

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #9 on: 01.07.2012, 20:02:25 »

On the beta tab?

Not sure how I can take a photo of it, so it kinda looks like this on the app name, if it makes any sense;

"Eurofurenc
e 2012"

Like I said, tis nothing major or such.

I know what you mean. The problem is that i can't control that text size. Might rename it to just EF 2012 instead.

RealZero

• Convention Security Operative
  • Metal, gaming, cartoons, vegan, environment, nerd♥
    • All links at Carrd
« Reply #10 on: 03.07.2012, 09:25:33 »

I couldn't test it myself so far, but the screenshot looks really nice and I sure like the idea. Let alone a map of the venue would sure be useful as well.

So, I hope you can get this done for actual EF and maybe even gain some official approval.

Best wishes, and I'll see if I can give more ideas later on. Pleae keep us updated.^^

Greetings,
RealZero
I would like to see Steve Purcell and Greg Weisman as GOH.

Greetings, fellow vegan furs! ♥

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #11 on: 03.07.2012, 22:13:01 »

@ TraxSwe

Any news on the IPhone App?

Anything we can do to help? :)

Eisfuchs

• Pawpeteer
  • Pawpet Show
    • Eisfuchs' Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 03.07.2012, 22:19:42 »

[Android Version]

The icon tab row is way too small to be useful on a normal phone (Google Nexus 1 here). How about making these vertical buttons that fill the screen and switch to sub-screens when you click them?
FUCHS - Seit 1972

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #13 on: 04.07.2012, 01:46:23 »

[Android Version]

The icon tab row is way too small to be useful on a normal phone (Google Nexus 1 here). How about making these vertical buttons that fill the screen and switch to sub-screens when you click them?

Can you take a screenshot from your Nexus? (Need to see it visually).

"How about making these vertical buttons that fill the screen and switch to sub-screens when you click them?"
Also do you have another app that uses this layout, need to see what you mean.

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #14 on: 04.07.2012, 01:50:45 »

@ TraxSwe

Any news on the IPhone App?

Anything we can do to help? :)

Just got started with the iphone version but it should go slightly faster to build since i now know roughly what i want and what information that will be displayed.

As for help, there are 3 things.
1) I need help gathering accurate data regarding furry friendly restaurants, drinks at the hotel, parking info etc
2) Need to email the dealers and offer them a place in the app. Idea is that they send me their information, ill add it and its then displayed in the live version. (Only those dealers interested in this)
3) Could you perhaps bring up my question if i can get the attendee list and/or fursuit badges. Idea is to put them in to see and find fursuits at EF.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up