Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Eurofurence 2012 APP!  (Read 82483 times)

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
Re: Eurofurence 2012 APP!
« Reply #30 on: 15.07.2012, 22:00:44 »

The IPhone app is about 90% done. Now comes the hard part. Once it's finished, the apple reviewers need to approve it.
Programmer and fursuiter. Your all friendly black 'n white house cat!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/traxswe/

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #31 on: 16.07.2012, 00:00:26 »

Yay, i hope they will do that fast! :P

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #32 on: 18.07.2012, 08:13:48 »

iPhone app for EF 2012 officially finished! Now comes a period of testing it on an iPhone and then off to the app store =)

The android version is now 85% done again ^^ since i implemented a few more things in the iPhone version that i need to port over to the android one.

Pinky

• Charity Liaison
« Reply #33 on: 18.07.2012, 20:39:21 »

Yay it's getting better and better! :-)

This is really cool, I can't wait to use it at the con.
And so I say the things I say
And do the things I do
And if you do not like it, then
To hell, my dear, with you

Kisu

• Mr Panther
    • Homepage
« Reply #34 on: 26.07.2012, 13:54:12 »

Mrawr which name will it have in appstore?, does it work with ipad too :3?
The name 'leopard' may derive from an old notion that leopards were the result of crosses between lions (leo) and panthers (pard).

Jake R

• Fursuit support
« Reply #35 on: 26.07.2012, 20:38:57 »

Hey!

I was just sent a link to this thread, hadn't paid much attention to the forum due to being busy. You know, like everybody else these days.

I did last year's Android EF app - I was planning on improving it this year, but it seems I'm a little late. ^_^' Is there any way we can maybe put our heads together and combine / improve what we already have?

- "Jake"
Did you know? Smiles are contagious. Try it!

Fairlight

• Pawpeteer
« Reply #36 on: 26.07.2012, 20:42:03 »

Oh, btw.. one major thing.. make sure that time zones work.. I remember last year one issue was that all events were out by one hour on my phone since I live in the UK and run 1 hour ahead of EF.

Jake R

• Fursuit support
« Reply #37 on: 26.07.2012, 20:54:59 »

Oh, btw.. one major thing.. make sure that time zones work.. I remember last year one issue was that all events were out by one hour on my phone since I live in the UK and run 1 hour ahead of EF.

In this lies the importance of getting the app in the store - I fixed it within hours after being notified, but some people still didn't know there was a fix available during the last day.

(For the curious: I forgot testing if timestamps were correctly parsed after changing input data formats from custom XML to CSV, due to severe time constraints. I'm very sorry.)

Whitefang

« Reply #38 on: 28.07.2012, 00:44:59 »

Is there any way to have that app running on my HTC Wildfire (Android 2.2.1)?

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #39 on: 28.07.2012, 14:51:51 »

Sorry for the late replies. First i missed it and then Riffuchs locked me out of this thread :-P But now i'm back, YAY!

Mrawr which name will it have in appstore?, does it work with ipad too :3?

I have named it "Eurofurence", so if Apple approves it and it's released then it should be just Eurofurence.

It will not work on an iPad. You will be able to install it but it will be in the size of a mobile phone, sorry. Also landscape view is not implemented. On an Android that is handled automatically, but not on an iPhone and i did not have the time before deadline to make it in landscape view.

Hey!

I was just sent a link to this thread, hadn't paid much attention to the forum due to being busy. You know, like everybody else these days.

I did last year's Android EF app - I was planning on improving it this year, but it seems I'm a little late. ^_^' Is there any way we can maybe put our heads together and combine / improve what we already have?

- "Jake"
I heard about this app from last year but i had no clue as to who built it and what it looked like. Can you send some screen shots or an non-google-play version of last years app?
For this year i don't think i will have the time to change it much. I will submit it in a few days, just fixing some minor details. I also need to keep both apps fairly similar. So if i change one, i should then also change the other and i don't know how long the review processes take. We could meet up at EF and discuss it.

First, why don't you change to localtime? Just curious.
Secondly, it will still be a problem with that this year. The time right now stored as a string. I did this since i had to speed up the process of development. Had 2 month to develop 3 apps next to my regular job. I have never had the chance to program an app before, so programming 3 apps in 2 month and having to try and get them published was a challenge. Also i have never experience Objective-C (iPhone) so it took a little while to get the hang of how that worked.
Will look into it and it then depends on the review processes. First i want the base version out and once that's out i will then see what time it's left and if it can make it in.

Is there any way to have that app running on my HTC Wildfire (Android 2.2.1)?
No sorry. Some of the techniques that i use requires 2.3.3. So i choose that as the lowest version needed to run. I would have loved to program in an even higher version but since a lot of people run lower versions, i then settled for 2.3.3.
Can't you upgrade to 2.3.3? I thought most android mobiles could be upgraded to that version?

Jake R

• Fursuit support
« Reply #40 on: 29.07.2012, 00:39:52 »

I should still have the apk somewhere, not sure if I also have the latest code. If you PM me where to send it, I can do so =3

As for Android versions: 25% of the Android devices that logged on in the past 14 days is below version 2.3.3. What 2.3.3 features did you use? I believe my app ran on anything from 2.1 upwards, last year.

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #41 on: 29.07.2012, 02:23:00 »

I should still have the apk somewhere, not sure if I also have the latest code. If you PM me where to send it, I can do so =3

As for Android versions: 25% of the Android devices that logged on in the past 14 days is below version 2.3.3. What 2.3.3 features did you use? I believe my app ran on anything from 2.1 upwards, last year.

22% according to those numbers :-p
Right now i am utilizing parts of the TimeUnit class for twitter (calculate when a post has been made) that is not available for 2.1 and 2.2. I don't have the time to do this differently right now. I checked and that's more or less the only part that is not compatible. I thought that another section would be incompatible but that passed.

Whitefang

« Reply #42 on: 30.07.2012, 22:51:15 »

I am utilizing parts of the TimeUnit class for twitter (calculate when a post has been made) that is not available for 2.1 and 2.2. I don't have the time to do this differently right now. I checked and that's more or less the only part that is not compatible. I thought that another section would be incompatible but that passed.

Would it be possible to make a slightly different version of the app without the Twitter part but working on older Android version?

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #43 on: 31.07.2012, 21:47:18 »

I am utilizing parts of the TimeUnit class for twitter (calculate when a post has been made) that is not available for 2.1 and 2.2. I don't have the time to do this differently right now. I checked and that's more or less the only part that is not compatible. I thought that another section would be incompatible but that passed.

Would it be possible to make a slightly different version of the app without the Twitter part but working on older Android version?

Got it working for 2.2. So if nothing else causes problem between now and google publish then it should work on 2.2 phones.

2.1 was not possible without a lot more changes.

Whitefang

« Reply #44 on: 01.08.2012, 21:53:08 »

Got it working for 2.2. So if nothing else causes problem between now and google publish then it should work on 2.2 phones.

2.1 was not possible without a lot more changes.

That's great. Thank you. ^^
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up