Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Eurofurence 2012 APP!  (Read 83460 times)

RealZero

• Convention Security Operative
  • Metal, gaming, cartoons, vegan, environment, nerd♥
    • All links at Carrd
Re: Eurofurence 2012 APP!
« Reply #45 on: 03.08.2012, 08:14:55 »

Yay, finally available in Play Store. *downloads*

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.traxswe.eurofurence

Thanks for your work very much.^^
Looks very nice already, eagerly awaiting for "closer to EF" when the final database is available.

Only thing that's a pity is that I cannot zoom out of the venue map, but well, otherwise, very nice work.

Thanks^^
« Last Edit: 03.08.2012, 08:27:34 by RealZero »
I would like to see Steve Purcell and Greg Weisman as GOH.

Greetings, fellow vegan furs! ♥

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #46 on: 03.08.2012, 11:01:20 »

Thanks a lot!
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #47 on: 03.08.2012, 11:45:21 »

Yay, finally available in Play Store. *downloads*

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.traxswe.eurofurence

Thanks for your work very much.^^
Looks very nice already, eagerly awaiting for "closer to EF" when the final database is available.

Only thing that's a pity is that I cannot zoom out of the venue map, but well, otherwise, very nice work.

Thanks^^

Yea i had a hard time with the zoom. It works on the iPhone version but not on the Android. Did not find a pre-built library for it and i did not have time to implement it from scratch. =/

I am working on the "closer to EF" database as we speak. Its just a matter of me finding/getting and putting everything in the database *shrugs* But its progressing at least ^^
Programmer and fursuiter. Your all friendly black 'n white house cat!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/traxswe/

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #48 on: 03.08.2012, 11:54:28 »

Did you use setBuiltInZoomControls(true) and then displayZoomControls(true) ?
Did you place the MapView inside some other scrollable view? (You cannot nest one scrollable view inside another without issues.)
Fursuiter (2 Suits).

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #49 on: 03.08.2012, 11:57:28 »

Did you use setBuiltInZoomControls(true) and then displayZoomControls(true) ?
Did you place the MapView inside some other scrollable view? (You cannot nest one scrollable view inside another without issues.)

Isn't MapView Google Maps ?`

I use a normal Image control to display the maps.

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #50 on: 03.08.2012, 12:04:01 »

In that case either http://android-developers.blogspot.de/2010/06/making-sense-of-multitouch.html
or save yourself some time and use a WebView to display the map. It has these controls build in.

There is no way to switch to the map of the other levels, is there?
Fursuiter (2 Suits).

RealZero

• Convention Security Operative
  • Metal, gaming, cartoons, vegan, environment, nerd♥
    • All links at Carrd
« Reply #51 on: 03.08.2012, 12:17:25 »

You can choose the levels by pressing that menu option-button of your phone, if that's what ya mean.
« Last Edit: 03.08.2012, 12:22:20 by RealZero »
I would like to see Steve Purcell and Greg Weisman as GOH.

Greetings, fellow vegan furs! ♥

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #52 on: 03.08.2012, 12:31:21 »

Ah, you wrote it with an old targetSDK.
Didn't look for the menu-hint in compatibility mode anymore the menu+search hardware buttons no longer exists and the menu function is deprecated and replaced by the action bar.
Fursuiter (2 Suits).

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #53 on: 03.08.2012, 12:45:17 »

Ah, you wrote it with an old targetSDK.
Didn't look for the menu-hint in compatibility mode anymore the menu+search hardware buttons no longer exists and the menu function is deprecated and replaced by the action bar.

Maps-> Currently only Ground floor, First floor, Dealers den 1 and Dealers den 2.

There was a request for support for Android 2.2. My target from the beginning was 2.3.3. Wish that i could have made it in a higher version to utilize some of the new features but since people still use the older version then i had to go for them.

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #54 on: 03.08.2012, 12:51:19 »

http://xrigau.wordpress.com/2012/03/15/using-an-actionbar-in-your-application-with-actionbarsherlock/  Works well with 2.2 .

The intents to start navigation and maps are:

Intent i = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW, Uri.parse("google.navigation:q=New+York+NY"));
mContext.startActivity(i);

and
the ones listed here:

http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/g-app-intents.html

(for the travel-page.)
« Last Edit: 03.08.2012, 12:57:43 by Suran »
Fursuiter (2 Suits).

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #55 on: 03.08.2012, 13:34:08 »

http://xrigau.wordpress.com/2012/03/15/using-an-actionbar-in-your-application-with-actionbarsherlock/  Works well with 2.2 .

The intents to start navigation and maps are:

Intent i = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW, Uri.parse("google.navigation:q=New+York+NY"));
mContext.startActivity(i);

and
the ones listed here:

http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/g-app-intents.html

(for the travel-page.)

Yea, about half way through the app i figured out that i needed to upgrade the layout. My biggest problem was time and knowledge.
I started this project beginning of June and i had zero knowledge in app programming at this point. The goal was to produce 2 apps for EF. One for Android and one for iOs. I have been a programmer for around 15 years, working with it on and off. I have programmed in CGI, PHP, C, Java, VB and C#, C# being my normal language to program in since 6 years now.

So 2 month to program 2 apps for 2 different platforms without any past app programming, without a clue how to design it in a good fashion, mind you i have never owned an iPhone, just one Android device. Besides that my normal full time job as a train driver, some sort of life, USA project that i am co-president of and just being lazy as a normal house cat! This meant that i had to learn a lot of things from scratch, especially app specific things. I had knowledge of Java and that helped me but only to an extent since the way to program an app is different from programming a Windows program in Swing. As for the iOs version. I had programmed a bit in C/C++ so i have the knowledge of pointers and such but i have NEVER ever programmed in Objective-C (found a good tweet about it: Objective-C is the native language of Hell).
So this i had to more or less learn from scratch along with how to do the layout in both apps. It's a bit easier if you don't have to think about the layout but i was not that fortunate.

The funny part was that i also produced a third app during this time for the convention NärCon (narcon.se) in Sweden, end of July. So 3 apps in 2 month *shrugs*. I think they came out pretty good for my produced apps.
Someone pointed out a different design approach and i think i will develop in that direction for next year, along with one of those nice actionbars ^^. Didn't even know that concept until you posted it ;-)
Still need to find "the apple way" to design iPhone apps. My biggest problem, as i wrote, is that i don't own an iPhone. So i can't just download a lot of apps and check different layouts and see pros/cons with them.

It has been a lot of fun at least to produce the apps.

So far the biggest challenge was to get the iPhone tab images to show up. Me and NewEinstein tried soo many different types of images until we finally found the correct sort. Wish they could have just posted an example image at one point so that people could actually figure out how/what to create.

Best regards
Trax the civilized house cat!
« Last Edit: 03.08.2012, 13:38:02 by TraxSwe »

Raider

« Reply #56 on: 03.08.2012, 18:56:04 »

Thanks for doing this. Your app will be practical to find timetables and news in one place and be a nice toy to play around with during some downtime.
I hope to remember your name. Should I bump into you, you're entitled to a beverage of your choice ;)

karpour

• Charity
  • Roo!
    • ohnitsch
« Reply #57 on: 03.08.2012, 23:01:40 »

Just downloaded it, and I have to say: great work!

Of course not much data is available, the only thing I found is that 2-way scrolling doesn't work on the floormap.

Also for twitter, would it be possible to merge all the feeds for #ef18, @eurofurence and maybe also a generic search for the word eurofurence? Maybe you could enable/disable specific searches then and have everything together in one feed?

Anyway, thanks for making this! ;D

Blaster-Hedgie

« Reply #58 on: 04.08.2012, 06:28:51 »

Will the final release require a fee to download? I'd pay for it considering how well made it is.

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #59 on: 04.08.2012, 10:34:43 »

Will the final release require a fee to download? I'd pay for it considering how well made it is.

At least in the Android Store is't not possible to make a free app into a payed app.
Only the other way is allowed.
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up