Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Eurofurence 2012 APP!  (Read 82490 times)

Whitefang

Re: Eurofurence 2012 APP!
« Reply #75 on: 07.08.2012, 20:41:33 »

Tried it with 9mb memory now and it worked.

Where is those 20mb located?

The database gets saved on your phone and not on your SD-card.

I've got over 20MB free on my phone and over 4GB on my SD card, Android 2.2.1 and every time I start downloading the database, after a while during the downloading process the app crashes.

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #76 on: 07.08.2012, 20:45:00 »

Use "alogcat" from the market to provide a stack-trace and log-messages.
I guess it tries to load the DB-dump into memory instead of streaming it into a local SQL database or temporary file and
then gets an OutOfMemoryError because the ram on that phone is too small.
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #77 on: 08.08.2012, 00:34:36 »

Use "alogcat" from the market to provide a stack-trace and log-messages.
I guess it tries to load the DB-dump into memory instead of streaming it into a local SQL database or temporary file and
then gets an OutOfMemoryError because the ram on that phone is too small.

Funny!

This was my first thought as well after reading the post above.

Added code to fix this issue in version 1.1. Hopefully this problem will not be a problem any longer.

Added this as one of the changes (see initial post) for version 1.1.
« Last Edit: 08.08.2012, 00:38:17 by TraxSwe »
Programmer and fursuiter. Your all friendly black 'n white house cat!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/traxswe/

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #78 on: 08.08.2012, 17:12:11 »

Oh, by the way...

HTH  :D
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Whitefang

« Reply #79 on: 08.08.2012, 17:36:52 »

Added code to fix this issue in version 1.1. Hopefully this problem will not be a problem any longer.

Great. I'll update you on this once I get my paws on version 1.1. Thank you. *hugs*

Fairlight

• Pawpeteer
« Reply #80 on: 09.08.2012, 10:38:56 »

Ok, my review of the Andoid App (just downloaded):

First: It's awesome you do this, and I really like the fact we have this now. It's a really neat app. Keep up the great work!

That said, there's a few minor issues I've noticed..

1. First start: Download Database: Be more clear that you need WiFi to download the DB. Mobile Data isn't enough, it really wants WiFi for some reason. I know the error message says "Check your WiFi", but probably something like "Make sure you are connected to WiFi to download the Database" is more precise. Or "Please connect to WiFi first.", if you need it shorter.

2. Notes: The gray background only covers part of the text display area. Probably doesn't scale with phone resolution?

3. Events: App force closes when you click on "No events yet" under the Events section.

4. Events: The drop-down selectors are not all visible on screen. "All dates" is there, "All rooms", too, but the last one is cut off as "All type" with the rest of the button missing.

5. Events: I know it's too late to implement an event reminder and planning functionality.. but how about simply being able to mark an event as "Favourite", like, one of these stars next to it you can click on to light it up, and a filter to say "Only show me favored events"? That should probably be more straight forward to implement for now.

6. Map: The map has issues being scrolled sideways (only goes a set amount of pixels, then stops, no matter if I keep swiping on), and it's irritating that I cannot zoom in or out using pinch-zooming, like I'm used to with any other image.

7. Map: It's not apparent that you can switch the maps by pressing the menu button on your phone, especially since that button does not work at all anywhere else in the app (other than the twitter page).. people won't know they can press it, and won't even try. Maybe have a "map selector" on screen, rather than just displaying the first map, and leave out the "hidden menu".

8. Map: If the maps show symbols, like the S-shaped arrows on the Dealer's Den maps, maybe include something that explains what the symbol means. At the moment, I am guessing it's power outlets, for some reason?

9. Map: At the moment you use the German maps. I know Cairyn has english maps.. maybe get those off him.

10. Trax: Your credits page is larger than the screen, meaning I need to scroll to see the text to the right of the picture of your fursuit. Text pages should not scroll left and right, only up and down, so a small layout change to fix that would be awesome :)

That's all I can spot at the moment.. the only real issue there is the handling of the map, and the force close on events, the rest is more "cosmetic". :)
« Last Edit: 09.08.2012, 10:41:40 by Fairlight »

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #81 on: 09.08.2012, 10:55:07 »

Ok, my review of the Andoid App (just downloaded):

First: It's awesome you do this, and I really like the fact we have this now. It's a really neat app. Keep up the great work!
Thanks for taking the time =) Hard to find all issues and problems by yourself.

That said, there's a few minor issues I've noticed..

1. First start: Download Database: Be more clear that you need WiFi to download the DB. Mobile Data isn't enough, it really wants WiFi for some reason. I know the error message says "Check your WiFi", but probably something like "Make sure you are connected to WiFi to download the Database" is more precise. Or "Please connect to WiFi first.", if you need it shorter.
Will take a look at this for version 1.1.

2. Notes: The gray background only covers part of the text display area. Probably doesn't scale with phone resolution?
I need a screen shot. If possible get one and send it to my email: traxswe@gmail.com

3. Events: App force closes when you click on "No events yet" under the Events section.
I need a screen shot. If possible get one and send it to my email: traxswe@gmail.com

4. Events: The drop-down selectors are not all visible on screen. "All dates" is there, "All rooms", too, but the last one is cut off as "All type" with the rest of the button missing.
Problem is that the dropdown thingies are to big to fit in one line. So that line is actually scrollable but that's not the best way to do it. Will change that layout for next year.

5. Events: I know it's too late to implement an event reminder and planning functionality.. but how about simply being able to mark an event as "Favourite", like, one of these stars next to it you can click on to light it up, and a filter to say "Only show me favored events"? That should probably be more straight forward to implement for now.
Will not have time to fix this either since it requires a lot more work. But i will redo the entire event tab for next year to make it more useful.

6. Map: The map has issues being scrolled sideways (only goes a set amount of pixels, then stops, no matter if I keep swiping on), and it's irritating that I cannot zoom in or out using pinch-zooming, like I'm used to with any other image.
Resolved in version 1.1.

7. Map: It's not apparent that you can switch the maps by pressing the menu button on your phone, especially since that button does not work at all anywhere else in the app (other than the twitter page).. people won't know they can press it, and won't even try. Maybe have a "map selector" on screen, rather than just displaying the first map, and leave out the "hidden menu".
Will look into this and see if i can squeeze it into version 1.1.

8. Map: If the maps show symbols, like the S-shaped arrows on the Dealer's Den maps, maybe include something that explains what the symbol means. At the moment, I am guessing it's power outlets, for some reason?
Yes they are electric cords. I took the dealer maps directly from Alpha Ki and added them. Problem this year is that the maps are actually part of the app and not something that you download. This will be fixed next year.

9. Map: At the moment you use the German maps. I know Cairyn has english maps.. maybe get those off him.
Problem this year is that the maps are actually part of the app and not something that you download. This will be fixed next year.

10. Trax: Your credits page is larger than the screen, meaning I need to scroll to see the text to the right of the picture of your fursuit. Text pages should not scroll left and right, only up and down, so a small layout change to fix that would be awesome :)
Small fix, adding it in version 1.1.

That's all I can spot at the moment.. the only real issue there is the handling of the map, and the force close on events, the rest is more "cosmetic". :)
Will use a totally different layout for next year. Using action bars and/or steam/facebook menu.

Must say that i love your avatar icon, so cute :-)

Fairlight

• Pawpeteer
« Reply #82 on: 09.08.2012, 11:26:50 »

Hi Trax,

glad you like the avatar.. it was done my Marci McAdams, more than 10 years ago.. and it's still my favourite depiction of my furry self. I like cute stuff ^.^

Ok, the screenshots you asked for.

Gray box: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3228882/2012-08-09_10-16-41.png
(NOTE: I had to photoshop the gray box into the screenshot.. I did take a screenshot, and the gray box wasn't in the shot, but it's clearly visible on the screen, which I really don't understand... if in doubt, let's just ignore that one as a freak occurance with my phone.. a Desire HD, btw.)

Force close:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3228882/2012-08-09_10-17-06.png
and then you click on the "No events yet" bit, and it does this:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3228882/2012-08-09_10-17-10.png

I can get you a logcat if you cannot reproduce it, once I'm home from work.

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #83 on: 09.08.2012, 11:43:05 »

Hi Trax,

glad you like the avatar.. it was done my Marci McAdams, more than 10 years ago.. and it's still my favourite depiction of my furry self. I like cute stuff ^.^

Ok, the screenshots you asked for.

Gray box: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3228882/2012-08-09_10-16-41.png
(NOTE: I had to photoshop the gray box into the screenshot.. I did take a screenshot, and the gray box wasn't in the shot, but it's clearly visible on the screen, which I really don't understand... if in doubt, let's just ignore that one as a freak occurance with my phone.. a Desire HD, btw.)

Force close:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3228882/2012-08-09_10-17-06.png
and then you click on the "No events yet" bit, and it does this:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3228882/2012-08-09_10-17-10.png

I can get you a logcat if you cannot reproduce it, once I'm home from work.

Marci makes amazing art, very lovely.

Reproduced the second error. Was some auto-generated code that caused this. Solved in version 1.1.

Still looking into the first one, my hope is that it will be solved in version 1.1.
What mobile and android version are you using?

Fairlight

• Pawpeteer
« Reply #84 on: 09.08.2012, 11:54:59 »

Marci is amazing. I really like her style.. it's a shame she's been commissioned by so many babyfurs in the past that her pictures are basically synonymous with babyfur art these days.. but, nontheless and despite it all, I still really like her style :)

I'm on a Desire HD, with a custom ROM that's based on the current latest HTC firmware for it (So, I'm on Gingerbread (2.3.5), with  HTC Sense 3.5. Rom is Android Revolution HD 7.0.4, Kernel 2.6.35.14 (RCMIX)

Like said, I'd really not worry about the gray background.. could be my cooked ROM, the display drivers, or anything in between.

TiBoth

• Con Ops Second
  • Programming
« Reply #85 on: 12.08.2012, 12:11:49 »

*Woof*

Just a quick note: Once (read: in some days) I've ironed out the last inconsistencies in Pentabarf, the final export will be made public. It will include an iCal, xCal and XML version of the events. As far as I understand these formates, they are made for (already existing) calendar applications. Never used those, though, bu I think they have alarm/notify features bult in. : )

*wags*
 TiBoth

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #86 on: 12.08.2012, 12:48:53 »

And news in the Iphone App? I really want to see it  ;D

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #87 on: 13.08.2012, 09:48:41 »

And news in the Iphone App? I really want to see it  ;D

Nope, still saying waiting for review when i check it.

Nesias

« Reply #88 on: 14.08.2012, 12:44:15 »

Hi, at first i want to thank you for this App i think it will make manythings easier at EF.

But at the same time there are 2 things that could annoy some people (i could live with them but... you know people are people).

One thing is the Map, or to be accurate the way someone could move the App, it looks like you can only moving her Left/Right or Up/Down but not diagonally.
I don´t know if you are working on that and if there is time left for it. Maybe it is just my Phone but i don´t know.

The other point is that the "turn your phone to the side" thing isnt realy working, looks like the app didn´t notice the postion of the phone correct or ignore it.

The Phone i use is a HTC Sensation XE with Android 4.0.3 (and HTC Sense 3.6), App version is 1.0 .
I hope that you could understand what i wrote and sorry for my bad English  :-[.

p.s if i open the App i could turn the phone to the side and the app will switch too, but once i hit >notes< it will turn back and refuses to switch until i reopen it.
« Last Edit: 14.08.2012, 12:45:56 by Nesias »

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #89 on: 14.08.2012, 12:50:49 »

Hi, at first i want to thank you for this App i think it will make manythings easier at EF.

But at the same time there are 2 things that could annoy some people (i could live with them but... you know people are people).

One thing is the Map, or to be accurate the way someone could move the App, it looks like you can only moving her Left/Right or Up/Down but not diagonally.
I don´t know if you are working on that and if there is time left for it. Maybe it is just my Phone but i don´t know.

The other point is that the "turn your phone to the side" thing isnt realy working, looks like the app didn´t notice the postion of the phone correct or ignore it.

The Phone i use is a HTC Sensation XE with Android 4.0.3 (and HTC Sense 3.6), App version is 1.0 .
I hope that you could understand what i wrote and sorry for my bad English  :-[.

p.s if i open the App i could turn the phone to the side and the app will switch too, but once i hit >notes< it will turn back and refuses to switch until i reopen it.

Glad that you liked it.

Maps will be fixed in version 1.1 (see initial post).
I did this purposely on notes since if you rotated the phone you would loose what you had just typed. I did not have the time to build code to fix it so i simply blocked it and made sure that when you are in notes, you have to hold your phone in portrait mode.
Did not see that it stayed in portrait mode after you left the notes tab. Will have a look at this and hopefully i will have a fix in version 1.1 for it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up