Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fursuit Friendly Dance  (Read 27885 times)

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories
Re: Fursuit Friendly Dance
« Reply #30 on: 05.09.2012, 00:58:49 »

Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team
« Reply #31 on: 05.09.2012, 01:02:50 »

Not giving any commands to the crowd for a full minute after Thalian did his photo also wasn't a good idea.

I commanded the crowd to stop moving so I could take a few shots of video without interfering too much with Thalians camerawork. Lacking a microphone, I yelled out loudly. People did as I told, so apparently they must've understood me.

People start to wonder what the heck they are supposed to do now.

They stood perfectly still, as I had told them too.

Yes, it was announced that the dance would start rigth after the photo. But it was not made clear that there was no chance in attending the photo without the dance or to not bring any props or suit-parts that could break.

Sorry, but this sounds like complete BS. You make it sound like we forced people to dance. Anyone could just have left anytime they wanted. Also, if you KNEW that the dance would start right after the photo, why didn't you leave when the dance started? Why did you bring any fragile parts to begin with?
Official Something

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
« Reply #32 on: 05.09.2012, 03:36:10 »

then maybe provide an alternate space for such kind of thing?
if it was possible at the Ringberg (though admittedly on sunday), it may be possible at the Maritime?

It's the same issue as with the rock party that has been suggested for years.

Basically, if you fart a melody that sounds similar to anything a German GEMA-listed artist has composed, the German content mafia has got you by the balls.

People didn't seem to be pissed of the night the party happened, so we decided we'd keep an eye on it and let it go as long as it stays like that. But in general, we cannot have parties in public spaces since literally EVERY room that music is being played in needs to be registered.... and paid for.

Fun fact: Anthrocon, a con four times the size of ours, pays a fragment of what we have to pay for loyalty fees.

And don't forget, they want to raise the fees! And that not just a little ^__^
OK, somehow they have to pay the gas for their big expensive cars... haha...

Thalian

• Photographer
  • General Staff
  • Fotoköter
« Reply #33 on: 05.09.2012, 09:56:37 »

I commanded the crowd to stop moving so I could take a few shots of video without interfering too much with Thalians camerawork. Lacking a microphone, I yelled out loudly. People did as I told, so apparently they must've understood me.

For next year I suggest that we have at least TWO microphones available: One for me (if I do the stunt on the lifter again), and one for someone down in the dance area. This will make everything a LOT easier. And, even better: If I do this again next year, then I can use the photo from this year as a reference and simply put some duct tape markers on the floor to show where people have to stand to be on the picture :)

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #34 on: 05.09.2012, 10:22:20 »

The duct tape will probably only be visible to helpers but the idea is good.
Assuming that the number of fursuiters doesn't change that much.
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

Furvan

• Fursuit Support
  • Pawpet Show
    • Waschkatze
« Reply #35 on: 05.09.2012, 10:50:46 »

AC used a way of several tape lines parallel to the camera position.
Suiter had told to row up at these lines.
The lines separated by a distance to make shure that everyone is fine visible and not hidden behind someone bevor him.
Ok, AC had a way bigger Hall, also Only for the fotoshoot, and with a camera positioned in more then dopple or tripple the height as we can do in the Maritim Hall ( and also the x2-3 number of suits)
But nethertheless its possible a inspiration for an idea or adaption.

And yes, Thalian you have a good voice ;) but the Maritin Hall eaten it completly and total,
i did not get one word still with the listen amplifier on ;P

Officer Meow!
King of the unfinished
Lord of Animatronic =^.^=

Thalian

• Photographer
  • General Staff
  • Fotoköter
« Reply #36 on: 05.09.2012, 11:36:51 »

And yes, Thalian you have a good voice ;) but the Maritin Hall eaten it completly and total,
i did not get one word still with the listen amplifier on ;P

Ah, now we're talking about the main group photo? Yes...I feared that nobody would really understand me. That's why we simply used some security people on "remote control" to get everyone into the "photo-safe area", and I used my voice mainly to get everyones attention. Anyway, it seems that people at least understood that I was doing a countdown  :)

By the way - Last year I tried one of these megaphone thingies, while I was standing on the balcony at fourth floor. I tried to talk to the crowd twice, using different settings. After that, I simply put this thing away and used my voice alone, and THIS time everyone understood. That's tha main reason why I didn't even TRY to use a megaphone from the 7th floor  ;D

Furvan

• Fursuit Support
  • Pawpet Show
    • Waschkatze
« Reply #37 on: 05.09.2012, 12:21:53 »

No i am talking about the fursuit group foto, ok, your counting was just to imagine ;)
In Maritin Hall a megafone had worked i think, in the lobby the echo effect is way to bad.
But anyway, like you stil sayed, next year a microfone :)
Officer Meow!
King of the unfinished
Lord of Animatronic =^.^=

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #38 on: 05.09.2012, 21:51:41 »

+ To combine the foto with the dance was a good idea.
+ It was mentioned beforehand that the dance would start right after the shoot, it did not come as a surprise!
+ After the foto you could have moved away from the crowd easily at the beginning of the dance, as there was plenty of space in the room to manouver around the central dancers - it only meant some carefull positioning of yourself according to your needs at the beginning of the shoot (reason one I was in the very last row).
+ I brought props to that event (plate armor, cape and banner), and positioned myself in a way that the props were unlikely to break and to prevent knocking other people out with it (reason two for beeing in the last row).
+ Vision was perfect - again, the room is big enough, you can avoid to stand right in front of the fog machine or in the way the fog takes.
+ Music was not to loud (earplugs help as well when you are in suit).
+ Music was danceable (you can do slow movements on umpa umpa umpa music).

+++ For all the staff: good planing, good handling, good job! I felt safe and secure and well taken care of over the entire shoot/dance. Thank you, you rock!  :)

Sithy

• The Daily Eurofurence
  • Hatsikidee!
« Reply #39 on: 06.09.2012, 12:24:01 »

+ Directions were clear :) I knew what was going to happen as it was announced well
+ Dancing right after the photo worked fine, I could easily move to the side a little
+ Music initially was quite nice and worked well
+ Wasn't too loud, at least not when I was in suit

- There was a cable somewhere on the way from fursuit lounge to danceroom. Was it meant to be taped down? I almost tripped over it a few times D: Not so worried about myself but much more worried about damaging equipment! I noticed most of the cables were neatly tucked away or taped down though, so I assume this one had simply come loose.

Due to being packed closed together, the person in front of me smacked me full on in the face and hurt my nose in the progress (suit is fine) :( HOWEVER this is also largely due to this person apparantly not getting the "don't put your hands up" part that was very clearly said to us. He ruined the picture for me and hurt my nose quite badly, so uhm...thanks dude :/. I understand why we were packed together closely and had he listened it wouldn't have been a problem, perhaps next year threaten to hunt down and publicly shame anyone who does flail their arms around ;)
Registration & Social Media staff

Gero

« Reply #40 on: 06.09.2012, 13:30:47 »

About the photo: Where is it posted or where can you buy it? I havent find it yet and would love to keep it as a memory.

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #41 on: 06.09.2012, 13:35:16 »

Wait for it.
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

Thalian

• Photographer
  • General Staff
  • Fotoköter
« Reply #42 on: 06.09.2012, 14:08:24 »

About the photo: Where is it posted or where can you buy it? I havent find it yet and would love to keep it as a memory.

Don't worry, you don't need to buy it :) If evereything goes well, then I will get the group photos (main and fursuit) posted this evening. You will get them in two sizes: 1280 x something for desktop, and the full available size (about 5000 pixels wide) for printing or whatever.

There's some last fine tuning to do (as I just found out), and because I'm in the office right now this will have to wait until when I get home again.

Edit: Here we go :) https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,4067.0.html
« Last Edit: 06.09.2012, 21:33:23 by Thalian »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up