Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: EF19 Charity - New Record!  (Read 35775 times)

TaniDaReal

• Pawpeteer
  • Pawpet Show
  • Schnolf / Artist
    • The Art of TaniDaReal
EF19 Charity - New Record!
« on: 27.08.2013, 20:04:51 »

Back from the bank, I am most happy to announce the final amount of money that
we all together collected at Eurofurence 19 for our loving Charity "Wildtierhilfe Fiel e.V.". :)

With your amazing generosity and support, we were able to collect the incredible and new EF record amount of:

19.307€

I cannot put in words how thankful I am to every single one of you for your incredible support! :D
As Pinky said on stage, you all make me proud to be a furry! We did a really amazing thing here,
and you can all be proud of yourself! I think Rosi's tears at the preliminary announcement on
Saturday evening on stage said more than a thousand words. :)

Our deepest thanks from the whole charity team - especially to our dedicated charity fursuiters who
never got tired to collect more money until Monday morning, to Henrieke for the lovely artwork, to Uncle Kage
who rocked the bar on Friday night for charity, Mystifur who organized the fursuiter charity flash mob, the
fursuiters and staff at the fursuit game show, everyone who was so kind to donate money in coins or even
amazing 100€ notes, to Fox Amoore and Dreamsong for the Charity Concert and work, everyone who bought
tickets for the Charity Concert, the raccoon photo ops and lottery tickets, to all who donated artwork for the
Lottery Booth and Charity Auction, to all artists who donated a percentage of their art show sales, the
Otter Noses for being tasty, the video team for the charity intro video during opening ceremonies and to all staff
(art show, technics, con ops...) and volunteers and all I forgot here now for your neverending work in so many
places I can't list them all! <3 THANK YOU ALL!

Have some statistics:
(with all the many donations from various events and locations being dropped off, unfortunately I can't recall
every single amount for each event, these are just some examples)

- We collected 15.249€ in notes
- We collected 4058€ in coins
- All coins had a total weight of over 41kg (oy!)
- The City Caree flash mob brought 500€
- Kage's karaokee evening brought 1587€
- The Charity fursuiters collected over 3000€
- The Charity Auction brought 3685€ (without art show percentages)
- The fursuit game show brought 882€
- The Lottery Booth sold almost all tickets

Special hugs and thanks again to our wonderful charity team Pinky, Itchigo, Snowi and Pan, who worked
really hard during the con and before! You guys are amazing and I am proud to be in this team! *hugs*

Here's a video of the preliminary charity amount announcement from Saturday evening:

I will still post reactions from our Charity, I will pass on the happy news to them today and we will
sure visit them again. :)

PS: Don't wonder about not having seen this photo / situation at EF, we're still going to make a proper
new photo for press etc. but just for now I took one photo from last year. :3
« Last Edit: 27.08.2013, 20:18:47 by Cheetah »

Mstr f Dstrctn

• ConOps
  • SchmuseKätzchen
    • Mein FA-Profil! / My FA profil!
Re: EF19 Charity - New Record!
« Reply #1 on: 27.08.2013, 20:15:09 »

Wow, that's great!!! :3
FURRY 4 LIFE

Diesel

• Furaffinity
« Reply #2 on: 27.08.2013, 20:16:02 »

Yaaaay i'm proud :D

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 27.08.2013, 20:26:08 »

I'm speechless! Thanks to everyone who donated, and also to the charity team - you all did an outstanding job!
yours,

Cheetah

Thygrrr

• Snarf!
« Reply #4 on: 27.08.2013, 20:27:15 »

I guess "Viel hift Fiel."

So awesome. It leaves me speechless. :)
Thygrrr Darkfurre

Santa fox

« Reply #5 on: 27.08.2013, 20:27:18 »

Good job to everyone, that certainly is a very nice amount.

karpour

• Charity
  • Roo!
    • ohnitsch
« Reply #6 on: 27.08.2013, 20:27:37 »

WOW! Over 19.000€, that's amazing! ;D

Of course I hoped it would me more than last year, but this is.. whoa.. :D
Thanks to all the people who donated to Baseball and Titash! It was very exhausting sometimes because you all kept giving money so I couldn't stop, haha. Baseball thanks everyone for continuously giving money and asks if the next charity can be a fruit bat shelter! ;)

Blackymoon

• Intermediate Ottersuiter >:3
« Reply #7 on: 27.08.2013, 20:44:31 »

Holy ... so damn amazing ... I'm really speechless that we broke our last record by THAT much!
It really makes me proud to be a furry and be able to help people and organizations like this who need it.
Major props to the whole charity team and everyone who donated, you guys are AWESOME <3 <3 <3

FallenWolf

• Fursuit support
    • Bayern-Furs e.V.
« Reply #8 on: 27.08.2013, 20:48:43 »

I am really proud of us all for this extraordinary result :)
But I guess they will find a use for this. What was what they said in the beginning? 600€ would be "nice"? ^^

Balto

• Balto's Cave
« Reply #9 on: 27.08.2013, 21:01:10 »

Awesome!

Blacktail

• Art Show
« Reply #10 on: 27.08.2013, 21:03:45 »

Yay just yay
It makes me reaslly proud of us
 :D :D :D :D

PATROL

• Convention Security Operative
  • Roads? How boring!
« Reply #11 on: 27.08.2013, 21:13:26 »

The reaction on stage was simply the best

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #12 on: 27.08.2013, 21:14:00 »

while Im really happy we broke last year record and Im sure the people from Wildtierhilfe Fiel appreciate that, the last day when I was giving away my usual end of EF "goodbye chocolates", I heard a few people tell me "oh some charity stuff again?" which make me think maybe it may have been a little too much on the charity hunt for money in the main hall.
dont get me wrong, I really love the idea of giving money to the charity and I have given quite some myself
it's just that maybe trying to get even more next year may prove to be a bit counterproductive, just saying
I apologize if im stepping on feet here, thats not my intention.

FurbleFawks

• Yep, We're invading the world with furries!
« Reply #13 on: 27.08.2013, 21:25:11 »

What lovely news, Well done to everyone involved! :)

Furry is Life!

TaniDaReal

• Pawpeteer
  • Pawpet Show
  • Schnolf / Artist
    • The Art of TaniDaReal
« Reply #14 on: 27.08.2013, 22:05:09 »

@Fafnir: In general it should never come to a point when people are (truly) annoyed by something. But I don't think anybody was. Also, it very much depends on the charity how much money can be raised. This year I think we had an extraordinary great charity - and that very much showed. We love and appreciate the success and increase compared to last year, however we are very aware that this is no guarantee that it will always be that much (or even higher). So no worry. ;3

From what I experienced, all/most donations where very voluntarily. The little time I had a donation box (for bringing it up to the room), people litterally jumped all over me to drop money in it - which was simply awesome and made me very happy. Also the photo ops, concert tickets, posters, lottery tickets, the events, etc. - it sold out / filled up that quickly (I think we could have sold even more) - on people's very own choices. :)

It's always a challenge to find the right way between too much and not enough. There are cons where charity is almost not noticable (and it shows in the amount).
We did a really good thing here, this will save so many animal lives now and in the future. We can really be proud of that. I think we're on a good path. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up