Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eurofurence Essentials  (Read 21795 times)

Gero

Re: Eurofurence Essentials
« Reply #15 on: 26.08.2012, 14:14:40 »

If I may ask, just wanted to double check on this so I don't go through getting a pass unless it's needed; Will ID cards issued in and for Swedish citizens be valid as ID in Germany? Or do I need to have a passport on hand?

I have used my drivers licence in US so Id guess it would be wallid as youre everyday id. BUT: Youll need a passport if youre travelling by air and maybe when youre checking in at the hotel, so its always best to bring it, just to be sure!

As for money; I skip larger sums and focus on 5, 10, and 20 euro bills with an od 50 for the really large sums, but more often than not youre tends to use youre credit card as the payement for larger sums. A good credit card (such as visa, Mastercard) is really helpfull theesedays!

KyuubiSaoirse

• Rawr!
    • My fA
« Reply #16 on: 15.01.2014, 10:48:37 »

OKay, I know it's been an awfully long while since anybody posted here, but... With the ID card thing.

Will a student's card do it in bars aso.? I'll still bring my passport, even though we have that agreement thing so that Danes can travel more freely to German and back again. But I'd rather leave it, and my health insurance card at the hotel.

Though I'd rather bring my health insurance card, in case the student ID card thingie isn't enough. So, to sum it up; is the student card enough for 'normal' ID(it's the only ID with a picture besides my passport), or should I bring the health insurance card along as well? Both state my date of birth. (and therefore shows that I am, in fact, at that time, 22 years old.)

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 15.01.2014, 11:07:14 »

Will a student's card do it in bars aso?

It may, or it may not. There is no legislation that forces you to present a specific document, but if it's a card the person who wants to check your age has never seen before in his life, it's unlikely they will accept it. If I had to guess how many people living in berlin are familiar with danish student IDs, I'd say the number is probably low.
yours,

Cheetah

ysegrim

• Superhero
  • Stage Team
« Reply #18 on: 15.01.2014, 19:07:48 »

Is this the international student card (ISIC)? Then my guess is, given Berlin's three universities, that your student ID will accepted (esp. as the legal age for hard alcoholic drinks in Germany is 18, and 16 for beer/wine, so if you vaguely look like 22, it's even possible that they won't ask at all). But your mileage might vary.

(As Cheetah says, while you are not required by law to show a particular ID card at a bar, if a bar lets in a minor after 22h, or if they sell them alcohol, it gets really, really expensive for them -- so they will want to be really sure that you are, in fact, adult. Same for cinemas. And, by the way, for EF, which is why we also check ID cards / passports at the reg desk.)

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot
« Reply #19 on: 15.01.2014, 23:19:24 »

If you've got devices that won't take USB voltage, little pro tip from my side - take a world adapter and a multi-socket outlet from your country with you when you travel.
Correction, take a multi socket and TWO universal adapters. One to turn german sockets to your local standards, and one to convert them back again. Given how furrs tend to clump, there may not be an unoccupied mains socket where you want to plug in, and most people will not be happy about you unplugging them. However most will be willing to share, if there is a plug on your multi-socket that they can use.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: 16.01.2014, 00:54:04 »

Easiest way .... get a german-standard power strip from the supermarket. It'll be around 2€ or so, and plug your own adapter into that one. It will prevent you from burning down the house by beginning to chain crazy safety-standard-defying adapter plugs behind each other :)
yours,

Cheetah

KyuubiSaoirse

• Rawr!
    • My fA
« Reply #21 on: 17.01.2014, 13:47:40 »

[[had pictures of the cards here, now reoved it though I'd censored the crucial bit. Since it seems I do need to carry my passport :/ ]]

I've also got the blue, European health insurance card, if that might help me. I just really want to avoid carrying my passport around if I can, especially since it's so expensive :/ The other cards are easy to get a hold of again if they should be lost, and doesn't really cost that much, so...

Plus, the passport's just so bulky in comparison.
« Last Edit: 17.01.2014, 20:45:27 by KyuubiSaoirse »

Raider

« Reply #22 on: 17.01.2014, 15:16:43 »

There is a large amount of visible personal data on there... are you sure about uploading this is a good idea?

KyuubiSaoirse

• Rawr!
    • My fA
« Reply #23 on: 17.01.2014, 19:10:02 »

I censored the most important bits... At least, I censored what the Danish authorities tell us to sensor before we upload stuff. My student card can't be used to much besides showing, and the other's only really got my address and birth date, after I censored the important bit.

KyuubiSaoirse

• Rawr!
    • My fA
« Reply #24 on: 17.01.2014, 19:11:00 »

Besides, I can always remove it once I know what I'll need to have on me at all times... I just wanted to know if these were enough. Or if I should have my passport with me as well, which I'd like to avoid as much as possible.

DarkFoxDK

• DarkFoxDK
« Reply #25 on: 17.01.2014, 20:26:50 »

Make it easy on yourself, bring your passport.

KyuubiSaoirse

• Rawr!
    • My fA
« Reply #26 on: 17.01.2014, 20:44:20 »

Make it easy on yourself, bring your passport.

Yeah, I guess I gotta. I'm going to have it with me in germany anyway, I just wanted to avoid carrying it around too much if it was at all possible. Since I don't really have pockets big enough for it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up