Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EF20 Panel: Steadycam for Beginners - Which is the best System?  (Read 8436 times)

Reimajo

• Video Team

Hi there,

I do work with Steadycams for a few years now, I have a lot of experience that I made myself
(also with Systems like the M10 Freefly Rigg, Glidecam, Cheap Steadycams, Other riggs)
and I was thinking about making a panel about this topic.

One video from me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z39D1Yaugxs
If you like my work and you wonder how I made it, this panel is something for you.

What to espect:
- I will mainly talk about cheap systems under 1'000€
- I will also talk about my experience with the M10 Freefly Rigg for 15'000€ and if it is worth it
- I will compare cheap systems to expensive ones
- The panel is mainly for beginners who didn't have much experience. But in general, everyone is welcome.
If you already do work as a steadycam operator for years, this panel is maybe nothing for you because it starts at the point zero.
Also, I never visited any steadycam school or learned it from someone. All I did was making experiences myself and this is what I will talk about.

The following points will be part of the panel:
- Which system is the best for me? Shoulder Rigg vs. Full Rigg Steadycam vs. Glidecam
- How much money do I need?
- Which camera is the best?
- Which objectives are good/not good?
- Freefly M10 Rigg - Revolution or a waste of money?
- 3s dropdown vs no dropdown
- Looking professional - how important is it for the shot?
- Small vs. big systems
- The basics of steadycam operating
- All around the cam
- Magic Lantern - How to turn your cheap cam into a professional system

Are you interested? Please leave a reply here so that I know how many people
would like to see that. If enaugh people are interested, I would do this panel together with a friend.
« Last Edit: 10.02.2019, 10:34:24 by KeksTheFurry »

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®

sounds interesting
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

Basil Lion

• Fursuit support
    • WUFF

I'm interested :)
[skype: basil_lion] [telegram: basil_lion] [twitter: basil_lion]

CleanerWolf

• Camera Crew
  • Video Team
  • Lupine furry freak

If it doesn't interfere with other events I would like to join.
The Mövi Freefly is just one of the first hand-held systems based on brushless motor tech, I am pretty sure that like with "classic" steadycam systems, there will be brushless gimbals available for under 1000€ in a few years :)
« Last Edit: 18.06.2014, 22:04:41 by CleanerWolf »
Furry conventions are like light bubbles in a dark ocean.

Akulatraxas

• Programming

Hey Keks,
If you have any questions concerning the event or want to us to know in advance about it please write to events@eurofurence.org so we can reserve room and resources for you :)

Reimajo

• Video Team

If it doesn't interfere with other events I would like to join.
The Mövi Freefly is just one of the first hand-held systems based on brushless motor tech, I am pretty sure that like with "classic" steadycam systems, there will be brushless gimbals available for under 1000€ in a few years :)

It will take a few years until brushless-driven systems will be good enaugh to work as a handheld stabiliser. Today, you can only throw money out for good looking but not really good working systems.
We will discuss about that and also show our selfmade video footage with those riggs.

We don't plan to tell anyone which is the best system at all, but which systems are good for which situation. Feel free to bring your own system to the panel!
« Last Edit: 19.06.2014, 12:44:59 by Keks »

CleanerWolf

• Camera Crew
  • Video Team
  • Lupine furry freak

Yep, you are probably right. Looking forward to get more information about this :)
Furry conventions are like light bubbles in a dark ocean.

Vector

The handheld Brushless Gimbals are great for low mode shots (typically for rollers/skateboarding shots). You can buy great kits for under 500$ now (Revit uses one).

But for high angles and long shots with a heavier rig, a classical steadicam with an isoelastic arm will do the job way better.

Your panel sounds interesting but don't forget that even if you start from zero with beginners these topics are essential :
- safety
- posture
- physics
- modes & positions

Getting a bad posture/position when you're a beginner is easy and it's really hard to get rid of these bad habits.

« Last Edit: 24.06.2014, 20:41:50 by Vector »
"I used to be an Eurofurence attendee like you, but then I took a Laden to the knee."

Reimajo

• Video Team

Your panel sounds interesting but don't forget that even if you start from zero with beginners these topics are essential :
- posture
- modes & positions
Getting a bad posture/position when you're a beginner is easy and it's really hard to get rid of these bad habits.

Oh, I never visited any school for that or something. It is possible that my posture is totally wrong D:
You may visit us and show us how you do it correct, otherwise I will not talk about this topic as I am not an expert in it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up