Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: EF20 feedback  (Read 127633 times)

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
Re: EF20 feedback
« Reply #30 on: 26.08.2014, 21:23:25 »

Obviously the elevator situation needs improvement.
Interesting - this isn't obvious for me. The elevators seeemed to work perfectly, I can't remember that I needed to wait for more than 3 minutes at any time, I remember only one that was broken. And I was very surprised about it.

I experienced 2 broken elevators, was stuck in a third one and regularly had to wait.
That the 3 most stressed elevators are the only ones reaching the parking levels and you need to move from one elevator to another to reach a room in another block but II doesn't help.
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

nobs

• the wolf of the tigress team
    • tigress
« Reply #31 on: 26.08.2014, 21:42:56 »

Like in every decent 3D-mace there some hidden trails:

You can use the stair-houses to go down. In block 2 you can leave the stairs at -1, -2 and *tadaa* on +1. Outside breakfast time you head towards "Sauna", take a left turn and you are in "Orangerie" of the Lobby: Leaving block 2 with_out_ the use of elevators.

Then you can change between block 1 through 3. So with using the elevators at room "Paris" you can also get into block 2.

And finally you can switch between block 4 and 2 on levels +1 and +2.

So there are some tricks to reduce the load of the elevators of block 2 (that are closest to the registration which makes them kinda "popular").

Choose your trail, but choose wisely!

[edit: sometimes I wonder about myself...]
« Last Edit: 30.08.2014, 15:31:52 by nobs »
just an average con goer

lynard

• Pawpeteer
  • Pawpet Show
  • Lynard (by Dragony)
    • My FA Page
« Reply #32 on: 26.08.2014, 22:15:35 »

Well, a new Convention, a new Year, a new Hotel. I was lucky that my Cocktails were ok (for my taste) though i had not that much - drank mostly beer. The Lift System could use some improvement. It was obvious that the Hotel Staff doesnt have such large groups like us in the house very often - though they handled it well. Wifi Access was ok - not the fastest one, but I had much much much worse on US Conventions.

---- from here on my personal comment
As usual when we move to a new Hotel there were technical difficulties. I expected them (been on enough convention so far - its always the same problem), just not the fact, that they would pile up _that_ high. Lots of staff people were stressed including myself, especially with this large number of visitors. I also know that waiting queues suck and that waiting is not a nice thing, especially when delay grows with more and more little catastrophes (technical problems, pc crash and so on - you name it; Murphys Law comes as many many little problems).

Personally I find it unfair and really demotivating to complain only about the waiting time of the pps show, as the concert of Fox Amoore was also delayed by at least 45 to 60 Minutes (can't remember it exactly by now) because of technical problems as well (which wasn't mentioned yet by anyone).

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #33 on: 26.08.2014, 22:19:12 »

The doors between the blocks on level 1 are closed during the night and morning,
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #34 on: 26.08.2014, 22:22:42 »

Like in every decent 3D-mace there some hidden trails:

You can use the stair-houses to go down. In block 2 you can leave the stairs at -1, -2 and *tadaa* on +1. Outside breakfast time you head towards "Sauna", take a left turn and you are in "Orangerie" of the Lobby: Leaving block 2 with the use of elevators.

Then you can change between block 1 through 3. So with using the elevators at room "Paris" you can also get into block.

And finally you can switch between block 4 and 2 on levels +1 and +2.

So there are some tricks to reduce the load of the elevators of block 2 (that are closest to the registration which makes them kinda "popular").

Choose your trail, but choose wisely!

Pffff. I got stuck in the staircase at Wing 2. Level 0 and -1 both had either alarms or only knobs on the door.
I was so glad for my staff radio that I could call security, otherwise I would had been panicking pretty quick.

Still it was hotel staff that let me out when I knocked the door, they where quite surprised to find me >.<

Interesting - this isn't obvious for me. The elevators seeemed to work perfectly, I can't remember that I needed to wait for more than 3 minutes at any time, I remember only one that was broken. And I was very surprised about it.

The problem was mostly limited to Wing 2 ... management is very aware of the problems, and they promised to come up with a solution.

I can attest to that. Both elevators on Wing 3 no problems at all, but their where a lot of out of order signs on the Wing 2 elevators.
The elevators where very quick too, still I guess if you span one over 20 levels it tends to be a bit more prone to problems.

...Give me a Kairan and a Riffuchs and a week of time and we fix that :)

*Grins* Lend me ConOps, a budget and enough time we build you new elevators.
Get those 2 and double the budget a couple of times, we build you a new hotel.

Kinase

« Reply #35 on: 26.08.2014, 22:28:51 »

My Feedback

THE HOTEL

Structure: I think people just need to get used to the new structure. Compared to the Maritim, being the hotel bigger, is quite more dispersive as well. It was difficult to find people, and I didn't like much was the distance between the center of the con from the dealer's den and the artshow. Unfortunately, I understand this was the only way to do it, since there was no other space available.

Drinks and food: That's the painful point. While I've really appreciated the included breakfast, which was really aboundant, I can0t unfortunately tell the same about the restaurants for the evening. Food was extremely expensive and wasn't worth the quality. Same applied to the drinks. (the Spooge special from last years really sucked there, since they used to prepare a big bottle of it before and then pour everything in your glass). Though, there are different solutions, which includes the "do not drink" and the "purchase it somewhere else")

Surroundings: It was really scary to walk around the place during evening/night.

THE ORGANIZATION:

Fursuit lounge: Flawless. Thanks a lot, Mistyfur and FL team!

Security: Flawless, thanks a lot!

Regarding security and Fursuit lounge, there's a small problem I've noticed. There were people carrying inside the lounge cameras and videocameras, especially gopros, and taking videos inside the lounge as well. I know it's not easy to notice that and check on everybody, but i'd like to let you know this happened.

Panel/event organization: Very good!

Fursuit gameshow: Awesome!

Pawpet show: pass. Nice story, very, very good puppets. too bad the dragon was used only during the initial scene. And thanks for finding a way to entertain us during the queue. (even if I was so far away i couldn't watch it.

overall:

Hotel: 6/10
Organization 8.5/10

nobs

• tigress
« Reply #36 on: 26.08.2014, 22:32:27 »

Personally I find it unfair and really demotivating to complain only about the waiting time of the pps show, as the concert of Fox Amoore was also delayed by at least 45 to 60 Minutes (can't remember it exactly by now) because of technical problems as well (which wasn't mentioned yet by anyone).

Sorry but after an earth quake of Richter 8 the earlier one of Richter 5 is boring old news *gdr*

Seriously: The PPS has the highest expectations in different ways. Not only because of it itself, but also because of the dance after PPS. I really suggest that we should make better use of this huge convention center. What about an own stage for the PPS? Where only smaller events are also being held, that do not need a stage at all. So you can do the setup all the week before the show. And after the show you can leave the setup till the next morning and enjoy the last evening.
just an average con goer

SiranaJHelena

• Sirana J. Helena on Weasyl
« Reply #37 on: 26.08.2014, 22:34:08 »

As one person who complained about the PPS queue it's pretty simple to explain: I didn't visit any other stage event. I thought about it but in fact their queues scared me off. Also, although I really like Fox Amoores music, I'm not the person who sits quietly in the seat while music is played somewhere. I just feel too jiggly for that. Except Jazz. Because it's Jazz.

PPS: Is something very special I've waited many years to see it again.

And to clear it up again: I don't mind waiting 3 hours as long as I'm able to do it in a more comfortable place.
I'm in ur quantm box... maybe...

nobs

• tigress
« Reply #38 on: 26.08.2014, 22:39:04 »

Pffff. I got stuck in the staircase at Wing 2. Level 0 and -1 both had either alarms or only knobs on the door.
I was so glad for my staff radio that I could call security, otherwise I would had been panicking pretty quick.
Still it was hotel staff that let me out when I knocked the door, they where quite surprised to find me >.<

The problem is: The stair houses are not meant to be used "normally". So they are not properly labeled. The stairs close to the elevator of block 2 are the ones that lead regularly to level +1, -1 and -2. In level -1 you are at this silent "chill out" lobby and you have the wide upstairs to the lobby.

Maybe there should be signs next year which stairs lead to where.
just an average con goer

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #39 on: 26.08.2014, 22:48:32 »

The problem is: The stair houses are not meant to be used "normally". So they are not properly labeled. The stairs close to the elevator of block 2 are the ones that lead regularly to level +1, -1 and -2. In level -1 you are at this silent "chill out" lobby and you have the wide upstairs to the lobby.

Maybe there should be signs next year which stairs lead to where.

Yea... I blame no one, it was just a stupid fling from myself.
I thought... Damn those crowded elevators again... Lets take these staircases..... F********

Edit: Here I award this for the staircase entrances:
« Last Edit: 26.08.2014, 23:00:00 by Fineas »

Bezel

« Reply #40 on: 26.08.2014, 23:02:26 »

Regarding security and Fursuit lounge, there's a small problem I've noticed. There were people carrying inside the lounge cameras and videocameras, especially gopros, and taking videos inside the lounge as well. I know it's not easy to notice that and check on everybody, but i'd like to let you know this happened.

Thanks for the compliment :)

Regarding videoing in the fursuit lounge, we do try and stop cameras going in but if anyone sees it happening, come and speak to one of the security personnel at the entrance to the lounge, and we'll have a little word with them...
« Last Edit: 26.08.2014, 23:08:14 by Bezel »

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #41 on: 26.08.2014, 23:09:51 »

Thank you a lot for your feedback! We are already working on a solution to keep you even safer inside the headless area. :3

Atkelar

• Fursuit Photoshooting
  • Fursuit Gameshow Lead / Fursuit Photoshoot Lead
    • LiveJournal page
« Reply #42 on: 26.08.2014, 23:12:55 »

Fursuit Game Show
Nice creative games.
On the other hand... nice "creative" system of giving the points? I wasn't the only one who failed to understand how the points for the games were calculated. (Well, I won't complain, since my friends won, but still it seemed a bit illogical.)

The moderator seemed to be a bit confused and sometimes misinformed. He announced the winners, and then saw that there were more games to come. I don't know what happened there.
During the "How did this victim die?" game, some of the images were not shown on the screen.

All in all, the games were fun to watch, but lacked information for the audience at some points.

edit: One thing I really disliked: The charity thing in the pre-Games. I was in one of the last teams, and when we came to the lobby with the charity box, everyone greeted us with "Not again, I was asked for money 15 times in a row now." Annoying people isn't a great idea for charity.

The points awarded to each round are carefully crafted to avoid any tie at the end. Which is why they are uneven. Also games with more teams score more points... explaining that would have taken a tad bit too long, but we take your input and try to find a solution that is simple and works.

At least one time Aeto (the M.C.) turned to the wrong cue card... also noted, yes, that needs fixing.

The images not showing on the screen were technical difficulties - that's all I currently know about that.

Allow me a few comments about the charity game:
1.: it's completely optional. If your score with the other games is high enough, it doesn't do much to begin with.
2.: We had a cue because I don't want more than two teams collecting at any given time for the exact reason you mentioned.
3.: The teams collected over a time period of three hours... who spent three hours at the bar without moving? We assume that most people will pass through the lobby and get asked once or twice at the most.
4.: Along the same lines you would expect the amount of money to decline as time went by... but that isn't as it turned out in any year we did that game: the amount goes up and down without any recognizable pattern. I remember the hightest collected amount to be within the last few teams at least twice.

Still, thank you (and all the others) for participating and collecting 766 Euro for charity!

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #43 on: 27.08.2014, 00:13:51 »

Still, thank you (and all the others) for participating and collecting 766 Euro for charity!

On that note I am wondering how much we will get in total this year and if it will be an as big amount as last year :-3

Lantha

« Reply #44 on: 27.08.2014, 00:16:19 »

I have no complaints somebody else didn't mention yet. Yes, the elevators were slow (the famous wing 2, floor 13 m(), yes, there where delays, yes, the main stage is too small, yes, the lobby was crowded, yes, Estrel's bars and restaurants are expensive … I'd just like to emphasize that the con still was fun and enjoyable for me. I will attend next year if possible. Thank you for your effort @EF team (except Dingo, he was SO mean to me  :P )

- Lantha
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up