Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WILDTIERHILFE FIEL NEEDS US AGAIN!!!  (Read 39884 times)

Fineas

• ConOps
Re: WILDTIERHILFE FIEL NEEDS US AGAIN!!!
« Reply #15 on: 11.01.2015, 12:36:20 »

Isn't their something we can organize directly from that region?
Like have a talk with them on what they need right now, start a 2 week pledge drive, see if can gather some folks to go their, directly deliver materials and build up what ever enclosure and/repair what's left within a weekend or week of vacation?

I would volunteer to give a hand, but flying or driving me their would cost as much as a whole bunch of people can donate.
I can look in to the pledge drive thing through Kickstarter or which ever is convenient, but I would need someone that is a native German speaker to give them a call.

> Edit: donated
« Last Edit: 11.01.2015, 12:47:46 by Fineas »

CJ

• Pawpeteer
  • Pawpet Show
    • Bear's hub
« Reply #16 on: 11.01.2015, 13:04:03 »

+1

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #17 on: 11.01.2015, 13:12:43 »

If there ever was a charity that needed us it's them. Get em back!

Blacktail

• Art Show
« Reply #18 on: 11.01.2015, 14:15:18 »

get them back and help them now
they need us
Maybe putting a link for donations on the frontpage ?

Cairyn

• Art Show Director
  • Con Book
  • Fur Stylist
« Reply #19 on: 11.01.2015, 14:19:33 »

Isn't their something we can organize directly from that region?
Like have a talk with them on what they need right now, start a 2 week pledge drive, see if can gather some folks to go their, directly deliver materials and build up what ever enclosure and/repair what's left within a weekend or week of vacation?

I would agree that some short-time rebuilding support may be necessary.

How many folks are available in the vicinity who would be able and willing to give practical help? This is pretty far out (I may actually be among the closest, and as I see it, it's an hour's drive from here already...), so anyone beyond Hamburg/Flensburg would be too far away to be efficient. How can we reach these people? I may be able to organize if we get enough volunteer helpers. (Chime in if you read this...)

Also, effort must be coordinated, I'm not sure if construction can even be done on soaked grounds, and materials/tools/security equipment must be purchased. Weekend would be the only reasonable time too.

Anyone up to it? Anyone here from Kiel, or with appropriate contacts to furs in the region?

Honey

« Reply #20 on: 11.01.2015, 15:01:18 »

I agree. I support the idea to have them back as charity this year!

TaniDaReal

• Pawpeteer
  • Pawpet Show
  • Schnolf / Artist
    • The Art of TaniDaReal
« Reply #21 on: 11.01.2015, 15:28:23 »

I just called the Wildtierhilfe Fiel and talked to Rosi (I did not say anything yet about possibly being charity again this year).
I 100% support the suggestion to make them our charity again (and I would be more than happy to let them know as soon as possible, also to give them hope, which they desperately need right now).

I told her know that we are all thinking of them, spread the word and will donate. Rosi sends her warmest thank yous and greetings to everybody that we are still thinking of them. They are very desperate and it almost made me cry to hear her talking about it all. She told me how fast it happened with the storm, about 80% of the enclosures are destroyed or damaged (it was really the worst of bad luck that it hit them). Whole cages simply flew away (they don't even know where they ended up). They managed to put the animals in the remaining enclosures to keep them safe. Worst thing is that the insurances they have and paid for are giving them a very hard time, avoiding to pay and find excuses why things are not covered. So unfortunately they won't be able to expect much hope from them. :(

Yes, they will continue their work. It's their life. Rosi said it is very hard to go on and that she cries a lot (especially such smart-ass comments by some people like "just move somewhere else" are giving her a horribly hard time, which is the least thing they need right now), but when she thinks of all the good people who offer help and all the animals rescued (and to come in spring), it gives them the strength to go on. 12 years of their work was almost destroyed. I think, making them charity again this year at EF21, would be more than justified, and probably the most needed help we ever were able to give (yes, they do need most of the help right now, but they almost lost everything - they have to start from scratch again, any donations - also if it's in 7 months - will be needed so much, as they don't have any savings. The money from EF19 was well needed and wisely used in building new enclosures and fences).

Donations:

If you have something to spare, please do! [Paypal link]
Rosi said she already received a few donations via Paypal by furries - and she was so surprised and thankful and happy that we still think of them. Thank you to everyone of you! <3

Active helpers:

They just wrote it on their Facebook account: they already get offers for helping by people, but right now they have no idea where to start. It will still take them a while to figure out how to continue, where help is needed the most and how to organize everything (so please don't show up there by surprise, even with the best intentions, because they very likely won't be able yet to tell you where to help). I told them that there are many of us that would like to help as well, and she was very very thankful for it.

So, if you would like to help - please keep an eye on their Facebook account! They said that they will post it there as soon as possible when they know where and when the much appreciated help is needed. They have to sort everything out first, remove the trash, see what's still usable, and when they need the manpower and help, they will post it there. It would be awesome if many of you would show up there then!

https://www.facebook.com/wildtierhilfefiel

Pinky

• Charity Liaison
« Reply #22 on: 11.01.2015, 15:30:15 »

We hereby make them our official charity!

Normally when you donate money to a charity, they get money. Which is great - they can do a lot of good with it. But in this case, things are different. We have the chance to actually make a tyripple impact here!

1. Money
2. Practical help
3. Moral support

Frankly, all three are sorely needed in this case. And we can provide all three! Check Tanis post for the practical part hold off for now on actually showing up there, for Goldie has posted a list of things they need. But also, just making them our charity again, means we show them that we care and haven't forgotten them. That means a lot as well.

We have the chance to make an impact here. A really big one. For a lot of animals. And for some very kind-hearted people who also deserve it. Let's change the world for the better again - like we always do! Let's show them what furries are about, what we can do. The power of furries united is great and it is good!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: 11.01.2015, 16:10:13 by Pinky »
And so I say the things I say
And do the things I do
And if you do not like it, then
To hell, my dear, with you

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team
« Reply #23 on: 11.01.2015, 15:37:11 »

+1!!!!! <3
Official Something

Faolan

• General Staff
  • Don't be afraid to be you.
« Reply #24 on: 11.01.2015, 15:37:45 »

Wonderful! They deserve this!

Goldie

• GoH Relations
« Reply #25 on: 11.01.2015, 15:38:45 »

Thumps up!!!!
I am not a hamster or a goldfish either....

Snow-wolf

• Con Book
« Reply #26 on: 11.01.2015, 15:41:00 »

I absolutely support this idea. They are such wonderful people, it's horrible that within a few minutes such a big part of their life got destroyed :(
So let's have them our charity again this year!

And I also already made a small donation.

Arctic Steve

« Reply #27 on: 11.01.2015, 15:42:42 »

Awesome!

I won't be there this year but i'll still donate. Such an awesome charity that's had such terrible bad luck, we will help them :)

Goldie

• GoH Relations
« Reply #28 on: 11.01.2015, 15:48:08 »

Dirk and Rosi have a Wishlist on Amazon what they do need most right now.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/registry/wishlist/2N3ZS91RU02LE

I am not a hamster or a goldfish either....

TaniDaReal

• Pawpeteer
  • Pawpet Show
  • Schnolf / Artist
    • The Art of TaniDaReal
« Reply #29 on: 11.01.2015, 15:50:36 »

Thank you all so much for your kindness and will to help them again! <3

I just called them again and invited them again as official charity for EF21, and it is just heart-warming how quickly a sad, desperate voice can turn into hope and tears of joy again! :)
They almost didn't know what to say rather than thank you, thank you, thank you so much to everybody!!

We will updated the charity section on the website asap. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up