Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EF21: Wildlife protection roundtable  (Read 5589 times)

Shadowfox

EF21: Wildlife protection roundtable
« on: 27.07.2015, 22:09:17 »

One of the two panels I am planning to host at EF21 is a roundtable about wildlife protection. While roundtable events can naturally be pretty ad-hoc, I still wanted to give anybody who is interested in participating the chance to bring/prepare stuff he/she would like to share.

I am happy to accommodate pretty much anything as long as it fits the subject and the timeframe - it doesn't matter if you simply want to share your favorite leaflets about eagle owl conservation or would like to give a five-minute spotlight presentation about the protection of polecats. However, don't feel obliged to prepare anything; I am simply posting this here for those (presumably few) furs who want to come prepared :).

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Here is some more information on the event itself:

Our feral brothers and sisters face many threats in the world, a lot of them man-made. Fortunately, there are people who try to make Earth a better place for wild animals. Helping wildlife survive and prosper can take on many forms: Some people care for injured or orphaned animals, preparing them for release back into the wild. Others work to conserve or improve their habitats, making sure animals find enough food, cover, and shelter to survive. Yet others fight for wildlife in political and media campaigns, striving to improve their legal protection and informing the public about the worrying situation many wild animals are in.

The purpose of this panel is to bring together people who are interested in helping our wild brethren – regardless of whether you are a veteran who has actively worked in wildlife protection for many years, whether you are a newcomer who would like to help but doesn’t yet quite know how, or whether you are merely curious.  
« Last Edit: 27.07.2015, 22:18:28 by Shadowfox »
"We must infiltrate, use our superior talents to gain control of their media of communication, their legends, their beliefs, so that, when the time comes, they will have been completely seduced to the acceptance of the inevitable:
The Era of Foxes."

(William Wharton, Franky Furbo)

pierrot90

• ᵔᴥᵔ
    • Charity hike! Spendenlauf!
Re: EF21: Wildlife protection roundtable
« Reply #1 on: 28.07.2015, 01:35:36 »

Ask Dirk Fussbahn; Wildtierhilfe Fiel is this year's charity ;3
Maybe he'll like this!
Follow my blog during my hike to EF for Wildtierhilfe Fiel!
https://fielberlin.wordpress.com/

meo

« Reply #2 on: 29.07.2015, 00:09:12 »

sounds very interesting and i hope I can make it. As i had contact to a wildlife-conservation organisation in Africa I think that would be interesting for you ;)

Shadowfox

« Reply #3 on: 30.07.2015, 21:27:12 »

@pierrot: I have actually asked Dirk a few months back, but didn't get a reply - I suppose the team from Wildierhilfe Fiel was simply quite busy over the last months. However, the offer certainly stands, and the charity team is aware of it.

@meo: Sounds great - hope to see you in Berlin!

"We must infiltrate, use our superior talents to gain control of their media of communication, their legends, their beliefs, so that, when the time comes, they will have been completely seduced to the acceptance of the inevitable:
The Era of Foxes."

Shadowfox

« Reply #4 on: 09.08.2015, 16:56:22 »

Quick update: The event is going to take place on Friday at 12:00, and Rosi from Wildtierhilfe Fiel ist going to join us.
The Era of Foxes."

Pages: [1]   Go Up