Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registering a Lightsaber with Con Ops  (Read 4160 times)

Giovanni Magnus

Registering a Lightsaber with Con Ops
« on: 16.04.2016, 18:56:38 »

Because this year's theme is the 80s, and just because I have one now, I'm considering bringing my replica lightsaber to this year's Eurofurence. I know that a lot of conventions have policies regarding cosplay weapons, but have seen lightsabers are last year's convention. Is there a procedure I should go through with con ops either before arrival or during registration so I can carry my lightsaber around?

Also, what is the recommended procedure with having the lightsaber in my luggage when boarding the planes. Is it something I have to declare before or after I land? The blade itself is polycarbonate, but the hilt has a particular design that could be mistaken as something that could used as an offensive weapon.

Dhary Montecore

Re: Registering a Lightsaber with Con Ops
« Reply #1 on: 16.04.2016, 23:26:11 »

Hello!

As the Eurofurence Rules of Conduct state:

Weapons
  • All weapons, including look-alikes, replicas, tools and toys must be approved immediately after your registration on site. Please go to the ConOps office for approval.
  • Security may require your weapon to be peace-bound. Tampering with the peace bonding is not allowed.
  • No water pistols, silly string, or any thrown or projectile-type toy may be used in any area of the hotel or convention center.
  • Mock fights, swordplay, fire breathing or any other dangerous activities are not allowed.
  • Exceptions for staged events are possible, but require an individual permission by the Chief of Security. Please make sure to inquire ahead of time - perferably before the convention.

all "weapons" or potentially dangerous items must be checked in with security upon your arrival. To do so simply go to the security office which will be next to ConOps in the same location as last year. The responsible officer on duty will be happy to help you.

For further information kindly refer to this older post: https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,5341.0.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up