Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharing your bed  (Read 24251 times)

K9Primate

Re: Sharing your bed
« Reply #15 on: 25.09.2007, 16:59:17 »

So, should bed-sharing be more of an emergency situation, or what?

This depends, if you book a single room, you are guaranteed to sleep in privacy.
If you book a shared room, it can be somewhat different.
You see, they've got rooms with two single beds, but also rooms with a double bed.
As far as I know, this year they gave the more luxurious rooms (with two single beds), to those who had a sponsor membership.
But I'm sure if you were to ask, something could be arranged, especially for people who feel awkward about "sleeping with a stranger".

We had a room with two single beds, for me personally it never was a monetary issue.
Because, when all's said and done I wouldn't mind sharing a double bed, but you'd probably already figured that one out. ;)
I've come to the realization; it just takes a bit more vigilance in choosing a roommate.
Furcode: FCM3df A--- C+ D H+ M- P+ R+ T+ W--- Z Sm RLAT a++ c e f- h* i+ j* p- sm+

gwyndolium

• The fruity husky!
« Reply #16 on: 25.09.2007, 22:49:27 »

It motivates us having a legit mate  :P
"Just one sign... and your cookie is mine!"

Fauho

• webvos
« Reply #17 on: 04.01.2008, 14:20:59 »

As EF becomes more "multi-cultural" with non-Europeans growing more common, I suspect some of the US's (and others) prudish issues will come into play.

Just a small side-line comment; the furry communety is a culture on its own, with it's own ideas, filosofy, 'rules', moralety etc.etc. You fit in or you don't, in the last case; please stay out and let us be, no mortal non-furry soul will ever fully understand us I guess.
« Last Edit: 04.01.2008, 14:23:44 by Fauho »

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 04.01.2008, 16:12:42 »

Just a small side-line comment; the furry communety is a culture on its own, with it's own ideas, filosofy, 'rules', moralety etc.etc. You fit in or you don't, in the last case; please stay out and let us be, no mortal non-furry soul will ever fully understand us I guess.

(Note: This is my private opinion, I'm not speaking as a chairman here.)

Fauho, you'll have to accept that not everyone has the same views as yourself, and asking those to "stay out and let you be" is really a very destructive way to handle this issue. If you want someone to respect you, you'll have to respect them, and not tell them to basically f*** off, no matter how polite the wording actually is :)

In the end, there are a LOT of different views and philosophies in the fandom, and singling people out because they do not agree with your vision is only going to make them your enemy, and not doing the community any good.
yours,

Cheetah

Barney

• My Livejournal
« Reply #19 on: 04.01.2008, 16:21:10 »

Fauho, you'll have to accept that not everyone has the same views as yourself, and asking those to "stay out and let you be" is really a very destructive way to handle this issue. If you want someone to respect you, you'll have to respect them, and not tell them to basically f*** off, no matter how polite the wording actually is :)

In the end, there are a LOT of different views and philosophies in the fandom, and singling people out because they do not agree with your vision is only going to make them your enemy, and not doing the community any good.

I agree on that. I find that some people discriminate furries because they're considered to be weird, even when they never even met one. Basically telling non-furries to "bugger off" from cons like these will only strengthen that feeling of weirdness and discrimination.
A box of chocolates is like a fursuit, you never know what's inside...

Fauho

• webvos
« Reply #20 on: 04.01.2008, 16:40:14 »

Eh, Cheetah, I'm not telling people to f*** of, I'm just saying that it is quit useless for a non-fur to try to 'understand' the fandom and -even more important- what it is that drives the participants of the fandom, and therefore they'd better save themselves the trouble to bother. But you're right, the way I stated it is highly subject to misinterpretation, sorry for that.
« Last Edit: 04.01.2008, 17:51:41 by Fauho »

K9Primate

« Reply #21 on: 04.01.2008, 19:17:55 »

Eh, Cheetah, I'm not telling people to f*** of, I'm just saying that it is quit useless for a non-fur to try to 'understand' the fandom and -even more important- what it is that drives the participants of the fandom, and therefore they'd better save themselves the trouble to bother. But you're right, the way I stated it is highly subject to misinterpretation, sorry for that.

Why should one strive to understand? I mean if they're not horrified by the notion and open minded, that's all it takes.
Basically it's not hard to see what drives us, as with almost all gatherings its common interests.
But there is a lot of diversity, so if you were to ask 100 furrys what it means to be furry you'd probably get 100 different answers.
JMHO

Regards,
Primate.
Furcode: FCM3df A--- C+ D H+ M- P+ R+ T+ W--- Z Sm RLAT a++ c e f- h* i+ j* p- sm+
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up