Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Room booking procedure for 2018  (Read 20799 times)

Hai λ

• Internal Coordination
  • λ> Just $ "Eyo!" >>= replicate 2
Re: Room booking procedure for 2018
« Reply #30 on: 23.01.2018, 07:30:05 »

Is there actually a system where if people don't pay their con fee on time their room booking gets cancelled?
Yep, every booking is eventually checked against EF's list. It also says so in the fineprint of Estrel's booking confirmations. :)
Embedded in the mud, glistening green and gold and black, was a butterfly, very beautiful and very dead.
Twitter | FurAffinity

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #31 on: 23.01.2018, 19:26:38 »

One way that might help is people only get the hotel booking link after their con fee is payed?

We considered that, but this has several drawbacks. First, there is a percentage of our attendees who do not wish to attend if they do not manage to get a room at the main hotel.

Also, everyone working on processing the initial registration rush is doing this in their spare time, and it is much easier to get these volunteers for a single weekend than for a drawn out longer period.

Imagine the outcry if people had to wait up to two days for processing of their credit card payment before they could attempt to book a room...

I just feel frustrated at this situation, not knowing if I even have a room or not (or how long I might have to wait to find out)- my planned roommate is the same situation, not even sure if he should book his flights or not- he's not going to hang on waiting forever (like me, he's unlikely to come if he has to stay in an overflow).

If you still have not heard back from the hotel regarding your booking inquiry, please contact them and ask. You should have received a reply. Please give them the subject under which you sent your reservation inquiry.

We have heard about a few cases where the reply from the hotel did not reach attendees.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)

James The Dog

« Reply #32 on: 23.01.2018, 23:35:51 »

Oh, I've recieved a reply that I'm on the waiting list, it's just frustrating not knowing where I am on the waiting list, so not knowing how long I may have to wait (or if I'll ever get a room at all).

milvusbuteo

« Reply #33 on: 25.01.2018, 09:21:35 »

Oh, I've recieved a reply that I'm on the waiting list, it's just frustrating not knowing where I am on the waiting list, so not knowing how long I may have to wait (or if I'll ever get a room at all).
Well the only thing I know that my friend got a room who sent the booking at around 22:21 (local time in Hungary), and I'm also on the waiting list as I sent it 22:27.

James The Dog

« Reply #34 on: 25.01.2018, 18:49:20 »

I sent mine at 21:29 Uk (22:29 CET), so I must be further down the list than you are.

James The Dog

« Reply #35 on: 25.01.2018, 19:12:39 »

Has anyone heard of anyone on the waiting list getting a room yet? At least when we hear that we'll know it's getting cleared.

Vlooi

« Reply #36 on: 26.01.2018, 11:39:41 »

Some friends have been stressing to me about this, and I haven't been able to find a clear answer to this question. They are in the hotel waiting list with their 'personalized code', but now have to pay their Eurofurence registration within X days. The hotel booking is a dealbreaker, no place there it would lead them to not being able to attend at all, so they do not want to pay for the registration yet until they're through the hotel waiting list.

If you don't want to pay your Eurofurence registration yet and it automagically gets cancelled, will you also lose your place in the hotel waiting list?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up