Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: EF23 Feedback (2017)  (Read 43230 times)

James The Dog

Re: EF23 Feedback (2017)
« Reply #30 on: 24.08.2017, 22:22:32 »

Will the bouncy castles be back next year?

Atkelar

• Fursuit Photoshooting
  • Fursuit Gameshow Lead / Fursuit Photoshoot Lead
    • LiveJournal page
« Reply #31 on: 24.08.2017, 22:25:19 »

There seems to be contradicting opinions about the "Fursuit Group Photo", so I feel obliged to clear things up as good as I can:

1.: The thing at the end of the parade, at the stairs to the beergarden - that is NOT the official fursuit photo, that is just a photo-op for the press. It is optional and problematic (huge stairs, end of parade overheating...) - which is why we have opted against having that as the official one. This never was and never will be the group photo for EF because of said issues.

2.: The actual one was put right in front of the fursuit friendly dance, at a location easily accessible by everyone, declared a headless area before the picture and well announced that the picture would be taken DURING that half hour timeslot.

3.: As for any delays, we cannot accumulate delays from unrelated events: the con would not even be over by now if every delay moved all other events  :P

Schorse

« Reply #32 on: 25.08.2017, 00:53:35 »

Now me  :)

Hotel:
While the A/C in our room worked just fine, you almost needed a chain saw to get through the lobby. But I guess this "awesome" german summer weather had a large share on this problem.
Housekeeping was very friendly again.
But, 8€ for a bottle of water at the bar? WTF???

Main stage:
Most of us like music with a fat bass. But it sounded very booming this year. I know, these halls are an acoustic nightmare, but maybe we can figure out something. A huge pile of plushies at the backside wall might dampen the reflections a bit... ;D ;D

PPS:

ORTHA!!!!  Do I have to say more? ;)

Really, that is the most beautiful pawpet I've ever seen. Totally understandable that Cal left everything behind for her.
I could bite my ass off that I missed her tour through the lobby. *cries*  Please, bring her back next year.
The story was (again) well written and with reference to actual situations. It was a real surprise that none of the main characters had to die this time.
So there were only tears of joy this time (ORTHA!!!). Can't wait for the video of the show.

All in all, thank you very much for this awesome week!!!!!
*group hugs*

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
« Reply #33 on: 25.08.2017, 17:46:11 »

Oh, and something else I noticed and annoyed me this year: Some missing knowledge of people (non suiter?) how to treat fursuiter!
I had it happen multiple times that:
- People hugged me without asking, some nearly threw themselves at me
- Rubbed & Scratched the fur against the pile - more and less aggressive
I mostly backed off instantly once someone did that.

Alastago

« Reply #34 on: 25.08.2017, 23:12:03 »

This came up in the group chat and several people liked the idea so I'll just leave this small feedback here. Some other conventions offer lanyards with a safety breakaway clip. Such as this. This is infinitely useful when fursuiting, as it makes getting the fursuit badge completely over the head a lot easier without fiddling(including a fan cable I have running from my head).
It would be wonderful if EF can offer lanyards like these, too.
« Last Edit: 25.08.2017, 23:15:47 by Alastago »

Cubitus

• Charity
« Reply #35 on: 25.08.2017, 23:20:37 »

lanyards with a safety breakaway clip.
Useful!

James The Dog

« Reply #36 on: 26.08.2017, 00:18:03 »

- People hugged me without asking, some nearly threw themselves at me

I've had that too. I hate it, it makes me uncomfortable. If i want hugs, I'll ask for them, and then it won't be from strangers. Though of course it's not something you can blame the con itself for. Some people seem to think if you're in suit then it's an invitation to be hugged and scritched- it isn't.

Sadly no matter how much you give this advice to attendees, some will still do it.
« Last Edit: 26.08.2017, 00:22:52 by James The Dog »

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
« Reply #37 on: 26.08.2017, 01:31:13 »

This came up in the group chat and several people liked the idea so I'll just leave this small feedback here. Some other conventions offer lanyards with a safety breakaway clip. Such as this. This is infinitely useful when fursuiting, as it makes getting the fursuit badge completely over the head a lot easier without fiddling(including a fan cable I have running from my head).
It would be wonderful if EF can offer lanyards like these, too.

Forgetting putting on the badge before the head, how often did that happen to me... And taking off the head, adjust mask, putting on the badge and then head again is a little bit annoying, so it was fiddled over the head every time.
Would really appreciate openable lanyards. But I'm afraid a piece of plastic could be uncomfortable to wear when it's in the middle. At least when it comes to the lanyard size the EF uses right now. This snap system shown on the pic doesn't seem to be really safe when it's bad done. Afaik I got one of these and it opens too easy.
If you got an EF lanyard in the ticket color you use next year again, you could modify the one you already have.

MOW

• Registration
« Reply #38 on: 26.08.2017, 23:50:27 »

This snap system shown on the pic doesn't seem to be really safe when it's bad done. Afaik I got one of these and it opens too easy.

The depicted system is not really made for repeated use and will wear out quickly.
However it would be quite easy to just cut the ribbbon and press a snap fastener/press stud (Druckknopf) on. Maybe offer such as a service, for charity?

Tomkitty

« Reply #39 on: 27.08.2017, 10:27:32 »

First of all i would like to thank all of the Staff Team to make this Eurofurence possible. It was once more a amazing event, and one of my highlights during this Year.

I would also like to give some feedback, regarding things that were especially positive to me, and also the things that were more on the negative side. Im aware, that some things are probably more in the responsibility of the hotel, nevertheless i would like to mention them too.

Pro:

-Overall organization and friendliness of the EF Staff and Security
-Neon Dance (A great addition to the dances in my opinion)
-Dead Dog Dance (i liked the location a lot, the DJs were once more a blast! What a Party!)
-Snack Buffet
-Paws on Fire (A must have for next Year!)
-The Egyptian Paradise Event (Fursuiters who serve you food and drinks, that was really nice :3)
-The Discount Leaflet for local restaurants
-Fursuit lounge

Con:
-Music Volume during the mainstage dances (to low)
-To much light during the mainstage dances (except for the fursuit friendly dance, where this is of course ok)
-No Tail rule in the artshow (thats just absurd)
-No Badge control/check at the rotunda
-Air condition in the hotel rooms seemed to function not properly
-Keycard check at the elevators was still active during the first days of the Con, delaying the use of the elevators
-Smell of the large waste bins at the Elevators (Probably because of the disposal of diapers and other personal hygiene products in them. Would it be possible to handout special waste bags to people who are dependant  on such things? I heard of other Cons doing so. Seems like a clean and easy solution, imho.)
-Mobile audio systems/speakers of some fursuiters. (It was kinda annoying, and appears to be the new way of getting more attention...)
-Closing ceremony (It was to short in relation how long people needed to queue for it)
-The already known delay problem with the pawpet show and the following events
-Paws on Fire and Gameshow during the same time.

Thank you & best regards

Tomkitty
« Last Edit: 27.08.2017, 10:36:09 by Tomkitty »

Nathalias

« Reply #40 on: 28.08.2017, 00:18:26 »

@Atkelar: regarding the fursuit photo: I undestand that the stairs at the beergarden are problematic and understand why this idea was abandoned. My suggestion would be to go to the great hall for the photo directly after the parade. Yes, this may be too long for some to be in suit... but on the other hand a lot of people missed this years photo because of other events.

Futeko

• Convention Security Operative
« Reply #41 on: 28.08.2017, 03:48:52 »

I also missed the Fursuit Group Photo due to a conflict with another event (namely Enter the Arena).
It takes me about 40 minutes to get to my room, get in suit, and come back down to the lobby. If there are any Main Stage Events still ongoing an hour before the photo, I have to choose between missing the end of that Event or missing the Fursuit Group Photo, which is a hard choice to make.

Maybe a morning slot like the regular Group Photo could be a compromise? That way, there should be much less chance of conflicting with a main stage event.

Atkelar

• Fursuit Photoshooting
  • Fursuit Gameshow Lead / Fursuit Photoshoot Lead
    • LiveJournal page
« Reply #42 on: 28.08.2017, 12:56:57 »

I also missed the Fursuit Group Photo due to a conflict with another event (namely Enter the Arena).
It takes me about 40 minutes to get to my room, get in suit, and come back down to the lobby. If there are any Main Stage Events still ongoing an hour before the photo, I have to choose between missing the end of that Event or missing the Fursuit Group Photo, which is a hard choice to make.

Maybe a morning slot like the regular Group Photo could be a compromise? That way, there should be much less chance of conflicting with a main stage event.

@Atkelar: regarding the fursuit photo: I undestand that the stairs at the beergarden are problematic and understand why this idea was abandoned. My suggestion would be to go to the great hall for the photo directly after the parade. Yes, this may be too long for some to be in suit... but on the other hand a lot of people missed this years photo because of other events.

I can totally understand that and any suggestions are duly noted! Please bear in mind however, that it will be impossible to find a time and space that suits everybody. There has to be some compromise here and there. The "early morning slot" around noon promped many people to say "why that early? I'm asleep at that time!" - so there's always two sides to every option and we have to pick what we think is the least problematic one, based on feedback like yours! Next year needs to change for various reasons anyway, so let's see what we can come up with during next year's scheduling!

Futeko

• Convention Security Operative
« Reply #43 on: 28.08.2017, 13:51:22 »

I can totally understand that and any suggestions are duly noted! Please bear in mind however, that it will be impossible to find a time and space that suits everybody. There has to be some compromise here and there. The "early morning slot" around noon promped many people to say "why that early? I'm asleep at that time!" - so there's always two sides to every option and we have to pick what we think is the least problematic one, based on feedback like yours! Next year needs to change for various reasons anyway, so let's see what we can come up with during next year's scheduling!

No worries! I certainly can imagine how much of a nightmare programming events can be - especially with so much happening in so little time and with so many attendees. There just simply can't be a perfect solution.
So, thank you very much for all the work you put into developing & improving the solution every year - and for hosting the Photo in the first place!

Shex

• just a coyote
« Reply #44 on: 01.09.2017, 10:56:26 »

First of all, awesome convention (and my first EF), I just have a few aspects

- Furs with portable music boxes were really getting annoying, especially sitting in the Artist Alley and them moving back and forth through it. Would it maybe be possible to give them a time slot or not allow them in places where people can't just move away? (which would be AA and DD I guess)

- many empty panels at the Art Show... I get how hard the organization must be, and I was really really really glad I god some space there, but I think there might be a way to fill the whole artshow up, maybe just remind people that there might be more room after all is set up, redistribute the unclaimed space after the regular setup is done? I'm not sure if there's an easy way that is not too labor intensive (guys, you've worked so much everytime I went to the Art Show .__.), but maybe just think about if there's another way

- crowded Dealer's Den. There really was barely any space to move, especially for the tables in the middle to the left, that were placed like a "U" shape. Not sure if there is a way to change that, since that room, as I heard, was the only one with windows and daylight. But from other Conventions I also know of Dealer's Dens that are in the basement, no natural light either, but only 6-8 hours opened, maybe that's an option?

- Artist Alley: There was an email, that people who applied for the Dealer's Den and didn't get in would be reserved a space in the Artist Alley, was that a thing? I was lucky that I was up early enough both days to get a spot, but I really liked the idea. Maybe a sign-up in the evening? Not sure how big the demand for tables even was.
I know that MFF has 3 days of Artist Alley and it is a lottery to get a spot, and if you didn't get a spot on either of the first two days, you are guaranteed one on the last day, I really like this idea. Also they have a screen showing all the artist names that currently sit in the Artist Alley, that was pretty helpful :)

also:
- make Artist Alley 3 days long, more time for more folks to sit there :)

One thing I wanted to address but was already solved: Prices on the midnight snack buffet of the Estrel. I noticed they didn't have prices written down on at least one day, it really kept me from buying. You never know if your Currywurst is 12 bucks or something. But the next day there was a nice list of the Snacks offered and the prices. That was goood!

Also, I'm pro 'no tails in the Art Show' rule, it might be ridiculous for people with like rabbit tails, but either everyone has to leave their tail outside, or everyone can take them in. And really, you don't want to hit a panel and throw down artwork. And it could happen so easily. Just stay with that rule :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up