Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Room booking procedure for 2018  (Read 20804 times)

Acewolf-G

Room booking procedure for 2018
« on: 11.11.2017, 21:05:27 »

Hi,

I would like to ask if the process for room bookings for 2018 is going to be changed from the approach that was done this year?

If so, is there any advance information on roughly what the process is expected to be?

i am talking in terms of whether the hotel will be handling bookings, or con staff?

Many Thanks

Acewolf-G
« Last Edit: 14.11.2017, 00:44:58 by Acewolf-G »

Kieran aka DatDraggy

• Summerboat Crew
  • Rawr.
    • Is it EF?
Re: Room booking procedure for 2018
« Reply #1 on: 17.11.2017, 15:19:54 »

Hi,
It might be wrong but I heard it'll be the same it was in 2016.
So no iHotelier anymore and stuff will be handled by the hotel.
« Last Edit: 17.11.2017, 15:22:10 by Kieran »

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #2 on: 17.11.2017, 20:56:56 »

The hotel booking process will be different from EF23. We will announce it as soon as we have all the specifics.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Acewolf-G

« Reply #3 on: 19.11.2017, 00:26:11 »

thanks for the feedback

Saikky

• Cat naps and tofu salad
    • Säikky Secrets
« Reply #4 on: 14.01.2018, 14:24:45 »

The hotel booking process will be different from EF23. We will announce it as soon as we have all the specifics.

I and some others are quite concerned about this lack of intormation.
Any news yet to announce? How and where could we find the information for the registeration and hotel room booking?
-Distressed cat noises here-

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #5 on: 14.01.2018, 15:20:20 »

The description on how to book a room has been posted to the Announcements section of the forum: https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,7970.0.html

draoncc

« Reply #6 on: 14.01.2018, 15:49:59 »

Hi, I'm curious about this "personalized code" mentioned in the announcement thread. According to the text, this code is necessary to be included in the E-Mail for booking and is generated by the app that will also generate the E-Mail. Am I right to assume that the code is generated based on your EF registration? Meaning that it can't be retrieved any other way but through generating the booking E-Mail with the app? Which in turn means that you will have to use the app to generate that E-Mail, and won't be able to write it yourself?

Shinji170981

• Shinji the Cat
    • Me on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: 14.01.2018, 15:50:50 »

The description on how to book a room has been posted to the Announcements section of the forum: https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,7970.0.html
Just a question regarding the announcement.
The "personalised password" will be an individual password or like the previous years just the same for everyone and those who get the email first, tell their friends who are still waiting for their confirmation!?
2016 was a bit unfair, because it was also said "personal phrase" and it turned out to be "eurofurence 22".
I am just curious about that.
Everything else is crystal clear.

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #8 on: 14.01.2018, 16:50:27 »

Hi, I'm curious about this "personalized code" mentioned in the announcement thread. According to the text, this code is necessary to be included in the E-Mail for booking and is generated by the app that will also generate the E-Mail. Am I right to assume that the code is generated based on your EF registration? Meaning that it can't be retrieved any other way but through generating the booking E-Mail with the app? Which in turn means that you will have to use the app to generate that E-Mail, and won't be able to write it yourself?

The app is just a web app, that is, it runs in your browser just like the registration system.

And yes, you will need to use it in order to generate the email and get access to your code, because the hotel will need to process a large number of emails in a short time, and it saves them a tremendous amount of time if they all have identical structure.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #9 on: 15.01.2018, 02:51:41 »

Meaning that it can't be retrieved any other way but through generating the booking E-Mail with the app? Which in turn means that you will have to use the app to generate that E-Mail, and won't be able to write it yourself?
The "App" (aka Javascript Web Page) will help you write the mail and provide you with a template, including your data and this personalized code, but the final mail has to be sent by you.

This means you're free to modify the mail any way you see fit, though the hotel might be happier if they can more quickly process those identical-looking mails.

*purrr*

Larvagandor

• Fursuit support
« Reply #10 on: 15.01.2018, 04:44:53 »

What will happen if the next higher room is not available, but the next lower one is still available?

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #11 on: 15.01.2018, 20:19:47 »

What will happen if the next higher room is not available, but the next lower one is still available?

If you haven't written in a comment stating you are also fine with a lower category, the hotel would probably tell you no room was available and that you have been put on the waiting list.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)

NightHawk

« Reply #12 on: 20.01.2018, 13:56:29 »

Can I cancell my eurofurence registration if there's no room available at the estrell ?

Also, as mentioned above, this "personalized" code better be personalized this time and not just the same for everyone, meaning "insiders friends" won't have an advantage again receiving it early from staff friends...
« Last Edit: 20.01.2018, 14:04:54 by NightHawk »

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #13 on: 20.01.2018, 14:17:38 »

Can I cancell my eurofurence registration if there's no room available at the estrell ?

You can cancel any time you want to, but you won't get any money back. You'll miss all the fun, though. There are several alternative accommodations within reasonable distance (just not walking distance) available.

NightHawk

« Reply #14 on: 20.01.2018, 14:21:14 »

Sure, but as a fursuiter, thats not a desireable option to me. ;) I know you can store the suits in the lounge, but i'm just a little too paranoid I guess, lol

No offense, you guys can't "magically" create that second estrell tower over night.

Since payment is due to be made in 14 days, would there be consequences other than losing the registration if one wouldn't do so ?
If not thats an option if people rely on an estrell room but aren't lucky.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up