Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aerial photographs (e.g. during the parade)  (Read 5407 times)

MartinRJ

• Forum Virtuelle Welten
Aerial photographs (e.g. during the parade)
« on: 23.03.2018, 18:19:52 »

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a brand new DJI Phantom 4 Pro quadcopter, and would love to use it during the convention to take some 4K videos and pictures from the air - especially during the fursuit parade and the group-photos that are being taken outside. For non-commercial use (e.g. to create some non-commercial Youtubevideos).

I have proper (commercial) liability insurance and (commercial) Kasko insurance for my drone, and am an overall safe drone-pilot.

I remember having seen quadcopters before at the EF.
But given this year's Eurofurence theme I take it that I might not be the only fur with this idea - so I'd like to ask upfront if this is possible at all? Do I have to clarify with con-ops, security, the hotel or altogether?
If this isn't possible at all, I wouldn't bother bringing the drone to Berlin.

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
Re: Aerial photographs (e.g. during the parade)
« Reply #1 on: 23.03.2018, 22:03:57 »

There is a no-fly zone that encompasses a 3 nautical mile radius around the seat of government.

In the yellow control zone, you are subject to various restrictions. A list is here - http://www.lbv.brandenburg.de/3348.htm
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Dhary Montecore

Re: Aerial photographs (e.g. during the parade)
« Reply #2 on: 23.03.2018, 22:13:05 »

Hi there,

thank you for your question. The topic is a little more complicated but we think we may be able to help you out.

Please contact us at  security@eurofurence.org  and we will try and sort the details out with you.

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a brand new DJI Phantom 4 Pro quadcopter, and would love to use it during the convention to take some 4K videos and pictures from the air - especially during the fursuit parade and the group-photos that are being taken outside. For non-commercial use (e.g. to create some non-commercial Youtubevideos).

I have proper (commercial) liability insurance and (commercial) Kasko insurance for my drone, and am an overall safe drone-pilot.

I remember having seen quadcopters before at the EF.
But given this year's Eurofurence theme I take it that I might not be the only fur with this idea - so I'd like to ask upfront if this is possible at all? Do I have to clarify with con-ops, security, the hotel or altogether?
If this isn't possible at all, I wouldn't bother bringing the drone to Berlin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up