Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Con Reg Procedure...how long is "Shortly"?  (Read 4054 times)

VulpesRex

Con Reg Procedure...how long is "Shortly"?
« on: 12.01.2019, 20:54:29 »

I filled out the data on the "Start Registration" page, and received the "Thank you for registering, You should receive activation e-mail from us shortly."

Normally, such things arrive within a minute or so, but it has been 45 minutes now.

Should I be concerned?  Did my registration application actually get through?
  Or am I being a bit impatient?

BTW - sending an e-mail to "reg@eurofurence.org" gets Mailer Daemon failure message-at least, for me.
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

Hurga

• IT Department
Re: Con Reg Procedure...how long is "Shortly"?
« Reply #1 on: 12.01.2019, 22:12:03 »

Hi VulpesRex,

your email domain is using Yahoo infrastructure these days, and Yahoo decided it doesn't like our sender address today.

Yahoo says "The error is temporary. We encourage you to retry sending emails 4 hours after encountering the error." Which happens automatically, so you just have to wait.

Sorry for that, but I don't have any control about who Yahoo wants to accept email from, and about he reasons why they won't. Your email definetely is in the queue, waiting to be sent.

Sending e-mail to "reg@eurofurence.org" should work now, there was an configuration issue related to the Yahoo problem.

- Hurga

VulpesRex

Re: Con Reg Procedure...how long is "Shortly"?
« Reply #2 on: 12.01.2019, 22:36:18 »

Thank you Hurga (and Loewi and Jumpy, should they see this)!

The situation has now been satisfactorily resolved.

Our sympathies over the cold and snow (we could use it here in our mountains in California)  :)
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up