Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EF26 Estrel Rooms reservation  (Read 10288 times)

Twillight

• Fursuit Theater
  • Ask me.
    • Twillight (perfoIllusion) on YouTube
EF26 Estrel Rooms reservation
« on: 27.12.2019, 17:17:04 »

How is the reservation of the Estrell rooms solved for the EF 26? The same as for the EF 25?
Die Deutschen müssen mein Englisch nicht verstehen können, oder schön finden.  Es reicht wenn sie mein Deutsch verstehen. Wichtiger ist es das englisch sprachige Leute mein Englisch verstehen, auch wenn es nicht gut ist.

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
Re: EF26 Estrel Rooms reservation
« Reply #1 on: 28.12.2019, 13:30:44 »

How is the reservation of the Estrell rooms solved for the EF 26? The same as for the EF 25?

There were changes.

We will make an announcement here in the forum within the next few days. We ask everyone to be patient until then.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)

kubwa

« Reply #2 on: 06.01.2020, 05:19:10 »

What is the email address for the reservation mail? Or will it be published together with the secret code?

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #3 on: 06.01.2020, 19:59:02 »

What is the email address for the reservation mail? Or will it be published together with the secret code?

It will be published beforehand, at the same time that the generator page will become available. The idea is that you can prepare everything and all you need to do is add the secret code in the subject and the body, then hit send right away.

kubwa

« Reply #4 on: 06.01.2020, 20:14:07 »

Thank you for clearification.
I just downloaded the text file and pre filled everything allready. Was just confused because everything was stated clearfully, except the mail address from the hotel :)

winterheart

« Reply #5 on: 11.01.2020, 11:53:54 »

In the announcement about how to prepare this mail or booking a room, there was no mentioning of a credit card number field, prevous years we always had to provide our credit card nr, I assume this field still neds to be added as well or will the hotel staff ask for this information after they received your booking request?

ThatFlintVA

• FeatheredFlint Twitch Page
« Reply #6 on: 11.01.2020, 19:30:03 »

Once the lottery has ended and the rooms have been distributed, when does the payment for your room need to be made?

Dragon

• RAWR!
« Reply #7 on: 12.01.2020, 19:13:15 »

Technical thought:

How will you guarantee all mails will get through to the Estrel? Pretty sure even with basic protection Exchange will start to refuse emails from e.g. @gmail.com if hundreds of them come in within a few seconds, which is very likely to happen. Or thousands of emails from mixed addresses within several seconds. Who tells us they will all go through? There's usually a 5-minute delay for a mail relay to try sending an email again if the receiving end refuses an email. This can be the death for many, when some send a mail 2 minutes late and they get through.
Pictures of EF21, EF22, EF23

Eisfuchs

• Pawpeteer
  • Pawpet Show
    • Eisfuchs' Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 12.01.2020, 23:04:18 »

It worked just fine last year, so I don't see why it should fail this year.
FUCHS - Seit 1972

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #9 on: 12.01.2020, 23:27:29 »

In the announcement about how to prepare this mail or booking a room, there was no mentioning of a credit card number field, prevous years we always had to provide our credit card nr, I assume this field still neds to be added as well or will the hotel staff ask for this information after they received your booking request?

I think it was three years ago that the hotel decided they would just trust us.

You do not need a credit card for reservation.

When checking in you will either have to present a credit card, or you will have to pay up-front.

If you don't show up (and haven't cancelled before the deadline), they will mail you a bill. Part of the reason this works is that we have a very low number of no-shows at EF.

As this solves a major problem for a sizable chunk of our attendees, we are very happy the hotel makes that special exception for us.

Once the lottery has ended and the rooms have been distributed, when does the payment for your room need to be made?

See above :)

Hyo_no_Kitsune

• kon...~
« Reply #10 on: 14.01.2020, 03:53:31 »

I also have a question. In case I am lucky enough to get a room in the estrel, do I have to pay any kind of reservation-fee or something beforhand? And if I book a room alone, can I still change at any time, if I want to take in room mates?
Grass has grown over so many things, you can´t trust any meadow...

Loewi

• Accounting Director
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #11 on: 14.01.2020, 15:54:11 »

- You can cancle your Hotel room up to 4 Weeks before the Checkin Date with no costs.
- You cannot transfer a Room reservation to someone else. In Case that you need to give your complete Room reservation back you can cancle it and it goes back to the pool
- All Rooms in the Hotel are Double Rooms. So you can always add a second person later.
- If you want to add a third person to your room, this is only possible until suply lasts. The Extra beds from the hotel usually sell out very fast, so if you are planning something like this you should hurry and try getting an extra bed from the beginning

I hope this answers all of your questions.

Loewi

NightHawk

« Reply #12 on: 17.01.2020, 13:01:07 »

Will I be able to try getting a room at the Estrel if I havn't paid the event Registration yet ?

Because I'd like to cancel the con all together in case I don't get a room at the Estrel. Personal decision.

When will the registration mail be made public ? Same time as the code tomorrow ?
« Last Edit: 17.01.2020, 13:03:17 by NightHawk »

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #13 on: 17.01.2020, 18:27:42 »

Will I be able to try getting a room at the Estrel if I havn't paid the event Registration yet ?

Yes. You have 2 weeks to pay after registration, and hotel booking is 1 week after registration.

When will the registration mail be made public ? Same time as the code tomorrow ?

The email address is public now. Also, the page is online.

Simply log in to the registration system and choose "How to Book a Room".

Moodge

• Opening Ceremony
  • General Staff
« Reply #14 on: 17.01.2020, 23:02:17 »

just as a question: wont this system just lead to people sending multiple emails to have better chances of getting a room? I mean you could write a script to send 100s :/
Do you have some way of preventing this? because I couldn't find anything saying that you aren't aloud to send multiple emails from different adresses.  :-\
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up