Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: poi/circus skills  (Read 7373 times)

beanieferret

poi/circus skills
« on: 15.04.2008, 20:37:34 »

as noted in the special interests section, I'm interested in running a poi/circus skills SIG over the course of the event.
I've already had a few people there who seemed interested, so thought I'd open it up a bit more.
I'll be teaching basic poi skills, although I only have a limited number of poi. If anyone else feels like teaching a few moves to people - be they poi, diablo, stick twirling, juggling, or whatever, feel free to join me. Its going to be a very freeform event, very much a 'find something interesting and give it a try' event. Only one thing - NO FIRE. I'm going to ask that no one bring any fire to the SIG at least. If you've got fire toys of your own, ask the resident security-wolf if you can bring them, and if you can play with them, but not at the SIG.

bad_david

Re: poi/circus skills
« Reply #1 on: 02.07.2008, 01:00:34 »

hi i was wondering and asking the crew if i could do i fire show at the con..im skilled in poi and fire liking/blowing and stroking and other fire related show stuff...i can help with the work shop and i whould also love if any one like yourself whould like to do a show with me=)
yours dj bad_david

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #2 on: 02.07.2008, 10:21:39 »

I'm not sure whether we can make a show (especially without first training together) but I'd surely be interested in talking to you and learning some stuff, especially fire related. Even if we would have to do it without the actual fire - this is something somewolf has to decide.

*purrrrr*

bad_david

« Reply #3 on: 03.07.2008, 13:39:01 »

hehe your right that there is some traning need to make a show...but why not do the sig you had in mind and then after the sig  we take tose interested and make a show whith the atendees from the workshop. it whould be wonderfull...and well i will bring some fire tools  like poi and fire fingers and maby a firefly. but i think i neeed to buy lamp oil in germany...(damm costoms gegulations).
so i can help out withe the workshop as well if you need someone else that can poi and do other carzy stuff.

beanieferret

« Reply #4 on: 03.07.2008, 17:18:07 »

hmmm. Making a show is a bit beyond me - wont have much practice time. I'll be bringing my fire toys, and asking the staff if they mind me having a play with them by the bonfire, and would be glad to have some company, but will probably not do a full on show ;)

somewolf

« Reply #5 on: 03.07.2008, 18:37:21 »

I'll be bringing my fire toys,

please contact me upon your arrival as soon as you are settled in
and before! you are going to use them

would be nice if you guys coordinate your activities with Zefiro

just
somewolf
Pages: [1]   Go Up