Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Honest Feedback about external restaurants here please.

<< < (3/9) > >>

Cookie:
The japanese/asian restaurant Vixus mentioned was good one day, horrendous the next!

Their sushi were delicious, which made me go back for more the day after, only to have to wait 25 minutes to be allowed to order, and learn then that they were out of sushi (even if they were still serving them to the table next to us)..(they also pretended to be fully booked for our group of 14, which resulted in us splitting party, only to discover once upstairs that there actually WAS place for 14 people....o_O)

We ordered something else, they mixed up my order (putting on coriander, even if i specifically requested it to be removed upon order) and then, as Vixus said, we had to wait nearly 2 hours to get our dishes.

Their excuse was that two people from the staff were missing, cause it was Sunday.

Well... The italian pizza place next to the crossing in front of the mall was very good, staff was nice and pizzas were big!! i'll definitely go there again

Korrok:
I had a good experience with the restaurant just at the side of the hotel, the Asian place that gave the 20% discount. The food was very tasty indeed!

The steak house had tasty food, but I believe it may have given me some kind of food poisoning or stomach upset. Within a couple of hours of having a schnitzel there, I had vomited it up and was very sick for about 12 hours afterwards. Not good at all as it kinda ruined my con, since I had a Dealer's table (I was lucky enough to have my boyfriend to look after it for me!) and had to catch up on an absolute ton of commission work in the evening.

We also visited a Chinese restaurant that is a few minutes walk further away from the hotel than the fountain, the one with the highly decorated poles outside the front door. It was very pleasant with nice prices but long wait times despite being very quiet.

The Maritim's restaurant was just far too overpriced. The Maritim burger was okay, and the tomato soup was delicious, but the prices were just awful.

Wawik:
There's a very nice place called Sushi Moon a bit south of the hotel, near Hasselbachplatz, which has a sushi buffet thing going on on Thursdays. Can't really do anything wrong with that - the only problem with that one is that Google Maps somehow thinks it's up north by the university.  ::)

For non-evening meals, the Asia Snack and Papaya restaurants in the mall were quite okay. There's also this German eatery in the mall right behind Bingöl Döner, forgot what it's called - their breakfast was quite affordably priced (coffee & bread roll for €2), but don't even think about asking for a currywurst before 11:00. :P

BluePaw:

--- Quote from: Tsanawo on 07.09.2010, 03:35:31 ---The Italian pizza and pasta place next to the hotel.

Lovely food, service was okay, waiting times a bit lengthy at the time, but the food was great.
Especially for the price, they also did the 10% discount thing on Sunday when we went there.

--- End quote ---
as said, lovely pizza, good prices and ok service-time.

the BBQ at the hotell was realy bad. accidently got in to the chicken-line (cuz there was no info). never ever tasted such bad chicken, EVER.
later in the week took a maritim-burger cuz it was closest at hand. tasted sour.
both were overly expencive to.

pizza-hut, bit long waiting-time, but realy nice food, ok price. recomend strongly to take the large pizza and to take like ½ of it home to the hotell with you again, perfect breakfast or whatever other meal u want it to be (takes a lot of tricking to get it in to the fridge tho :P )

the hotell BAR was just a joke... ridiculusly expencive and just luck if you actually got what you payed for.

otherwise i got a lot of food from the local store, and that worked perfectly fine that to.
and they sold alcohol to, so you actually could drink a bit in the room, and then go down and take something to take a beer that u could walk around with for a while

Lweek:

--- Quote from: Tsanawo on 07.09.2010, 03:35:31 ---The Italian pizza and pasta place next to the hotel.

Lovely food, service was okay, waiting times a bit lengthy at the time, but the food was great.
Especially for the price, they also did the 10% discount thing on Sunday when we went there.

--- End quote ---

I can agree! BTW, one small disadvantage, they give 10% discount only if a table paid together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version