Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Honest Feedback about external restaurants here please.

<< < (8/9) > >>

CleanerWolf:
I highly recommend "La Piazza", the italian restaurant near the fountain. Very friendly people, ultra fast service and delicious pizza. They were also very nice to my dog and gave him a bowl with water.

The greek restaurant "Asteria" was ok too, excellent salad and fast service, but I had better Tiropitakia at other restaurants before. 

Blue_Panther:

--- Quote from: Vixus on 07.09.2010, 01:53:58 ---Negative feedback on the chinese restaurant 'next to the hotel', it's a fancy looking place and it looks tidy, but on Sunday we had to wait for our food from 19:00 until 20:50, and by then it still was not served.

--- End quote ---

I can't second that experience. I was at the "Qilin" myself during that time and the orders of our table of eleven were dealt with the friendlyness and swiftness we had encountered the visits before. I guess, it highly dependended on where you were seated also what exactly you ordered at that time: The service personel at our table did point out, they were overrun and had to take various set dishes off the menue, as they had or were running out of ingredients rapidly. My guess is, they were running on their "normal weekend & calm Sunday" stock, instead of "OMG The Furries are Next Door!" stock. Never the less the food was excellent, the place was clean, service friendly and 20% off when you displayed your Conbadge is not to be sneezed at - you !did! have to display it though!

A different kettle of fish was the Italian Place "Palazzo" down the road. Whereas I don't have any complaints about the quality of the food (their Brunch/Breakfast set menues are well worth the money) the service lacked panache and friendlyness. Apparently one of the people serving was up to the challenge with a smile, whilst others couldn't cope at all. Upon my visit I seemed to be out of luck, the man serving my table being condesenting, snappy and at times downright rude to the women accompaning me, bossing them around when taking their orders. 10% off upon displaying Badge is a cool offer, but it wasn't enough to make me welcome. That experience was the reason for me to give the "Qilin" a try the next day.

TbW

MOW:

--- Quote from: Cookie on 08.09.2010, 12:51:17 ---I forgot to mention one of the best pieces of meat ever was sold on the counter in front of the supermarket's row of cashiers.. A kind of roast on a bone (dunno which kind of meat that was, though)
Was delicious.. (made the whole room smell of meat LOL).. and ... 2,5 euros a piece:) + 1 euros for slices of roasted potatoes..

--- End quote ---

If you mean the shop-in-shop counter on the right wall at the Kaufland, that was Schweinshaxe (knuckle of pork, very bavarian), but it was 2,20€ IIRC.

Cookie:

--- Quote from: MOW on 09.09.2010, 18:48:22 ---
--- Quote from: Cookie on 08.09.2010, 12:51:17 ---I forgot to mention one of the best pieces of meat ever was sold on the counter in front of the supermarket's row of cashiers.. A kind of roast on a bone (dunno which kind of meat that was, though)
Was delicious.. (made the whole room smell of meat LOL).. and ... 2,5 euros a piece:) + 1 euros for slices of roasted potatoes..

--- End quote ---

If you mean the shop-in-shop counter on the right wall at the Kaufland, that was Schweinshaxe (knuckle of pork, very bavarian), but it was 2,20€ IIRC.

--- End quote ---

ah yes, it was 2,20 (even cheaper than i recalled).. and GREAAAAT!!

Thanks for telling me what i actually ate.. was NOMNOMNOM!!

Ralesk:
We went to the Palazzo twice, the Wenzel once and ate at the Chinese buffet place right next to the supermarket in the Kaufland mall once.

The Palazzo is simply awesome.  The prices are great even without the discount.  I loved the size and the quality of the food, I had a lasagne for 6.50 and a beer for 3.10 that left me barely able to move, something I wouldn’t have experienced even after spending 12 euros on the barbeque.  The second time I ate a pizza with peperoni on it and it too was very good.  They couldn’t deal well with the amount of guests though and they often confused tables, but if you told them you want to separate the bills at your table eventually and that you have a discount, they managed to do it.

Wenzel is right next to the little square where the wine festival was (the one with the funny fountain the fursuiters occupied last before going back in to the Maritim).  It’s a Czech restaurant, and though it’s slightly more expensive than the Palazzo and doesn’t give any kind of discount, I can recommend it because it has very tasty food.  I had a Kulajda (a wild mushroom soup, a cup for 3.80) and some gefüllte Knödel (7.50) – both of which were really good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version