Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Stairs and elevators...

<< < (6/6)

Cheetah:

--- Quote from: SouthPaw on 26.08.2011, 13:55:08 ---The trouble with leaving the gas purge system running is that it knocks out the ventilation system for the bedrooms as, obviously, you don't want to have smoke being drawn into the bedrooms or staircases in the event of a fire.

--- End quote ---

The ventilation in my bedroom worked fine ... I'm sure they did switch things on manually, not actually activating the full emergency mode. That would have activated things all over the place that you don't want.

nobs:
As I mentioned somewhere else:

I saw several A/C in rooms set to 5°C. I guess it was because people think "I want it cooler, so I turn it down".

Try to understand how this thing works:

Cold stuff is supplied by a central system. Typically with something like 15°C.

Now you ask for 5°C. Teh system "sees" that the delivered air is warmer than the temperature you asked for.

Therefor it closes the vent and "waits" for better supply, that never will come.

Next time try something like 20°C (which is cool enough when we have 30°C outside) and enjoy your working A/C.

More modern systems have a "just ON"-position below some reasonable point like 18°C. But this system was too old, so you have to understand how it works to get the best of it.

I hope I could have helped for the next time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version