Eurofurence Information > Feedback

EF18 Feedback

<< < (2/37) > >>

BigBlueFox:

--- Quote from: doco on 04.09.2012, 11:38:47 ---
--- Quote from: Lightfox on 04.09.2012, 01:58:09 ---- There was a guy who kept wondering with an incomplete fursuit, both in the lobby and the dances, even at the dead dog party: he had a full body on, but instead of a head, he just had sun glasses and a cap with ears on top of them. At first, i thought it was a fursuiter who was cooling off, but it seems it really was his costume, since i never saw him with a real fursuit head on.

--- End quote ---

That would be Yagfox. Judging from previous experience, his opinion of what constitutes a "fursuit" differs somewhat from the mainstream.  ::)

--- End quote ---

Yep, it's him, he has been pulling the same stunt at Confuzzled and CFD. It's kinda strange, he used to be a well-respected fursuiter years ago, but it seems like that kind of attention wasn't enough for him.

Cheetah:
I agree, that open-faced rabbit retard costume is a piece of British humour I can't quite get to terms with either. Oh well.

Sithy:
+ EF security and the way they handled my issue with a guy that got...very creepy and did some inappropriate things. Thanks for taking me seriously and even telling me what the consequences would be for him. I appreciate it and I left the situation a lot calmer and at ease than I was before.
+ Again Security for arriving fast (and maybe in too full force, oops  ;D) when we needed a medic at late departure
+ Fursuit Lounge was great. I went in at the oddest hours yet there were always cold drinks and candy available. Great job and thank you! As soon as the drinks got lukewarm staff would seemingly pop out of nowhere to replace them with cold ones. Not sure how you guys did that ;) But thanks!
+ Information availability. I always knew where to go if I needed something. Everything was clear. I tend to get lost easily but never had an issue.
+ EF Prime, worked great apart from a few very minor technical blips, and it was nice to watch in the mornings or when getting ready
+ The discounts at the restaurants for EF goers. Food was really good and serving was as fast as can be expected with restaurants being waaaaay more crowded than usual. (Honestly. I noticed people complaining at the Steakhouse, but have you seen how busy they were? It's to be expected that it takes them a bit longer!) I can also recommend the Spanish restaurant -- waiters may seem a bit cold but that's just how they are, they had amazing food and great service. Yummy fish! Likewise I can recommend Panda's Bubbletea, the kind owner got us an extra slushie for free as he was pleased with the extra clients EF got him. Very good and instant sugar rush.

- Music at fursuit friendly dance appeared to turn to dubstep? (something with a fast beat, anyway) really fast, didn't work so well for most suiters HOWEVER I noticed a lot of non-suiters did love it, so I guess that's good :p I just expected a different type of music since it was called a fursuit friendly dance.
- People and their apparant lack of insight/common sense regarding elevators. Fursuiters go first, which I spoke up about several times and I just got blank stares. People even insisted to take along larger-than-me inflated inflatables while there were fursuiters dying to get to their rooms. Rude!
I know Security is VERY busy so I am not sure if I'm being realistic, but maybe put one or two people at the elevators at peak hours to ensure a more smooth ride? Peak hours like after the fursuit parade, before/after the fursuit dance etc. I am sure Security looks a little more intimidating than me as a fuzzy happy collie ;)
- Likewise, a lack of common sense in the fursuit lounge. Please don't hog the drying devices for hours on end! I noticed this already got covered by lounge staff in the appropriate thread so yay for you guys :) IMHO though it's not something fursuit lounge staff should/can be blamed for...people just need to get some manners. I own a lot of suits so we took our own fans along so we can dry stuff in our own room -- rather than take up 9+ spots for hours on end. Just something to consider! I saw a lot of suits just sitting there for days on end  ???

Lastly thanks to all of you that came to my (and Spark's) Fursuiting 101 panel. There were a LOT more of you than we expected and I'm so glad you liked it :) Thanks for all the positive feedback, we will be back next year.

Dhary Montecore:

--- Quote from: Sithy on 04.09.2012, 13:29:01 ---+ EF security and the way they handled my issue with a guy that got...very creepy and did some inappropriate things. Thanks for taking me seriously and even telling me what the consequences would be for him. I appreciate it and I left the situation a lot calmer and at ease than I was before.
+ Again Security for arriving fast (and maybe in too full force, oops  ;D) when we needed a medic at late departure.
--- End quote ---

Thanks for your kind words. You are very welcome of course! Party on, we got your back. ;3

--- Quote from: Sithy on 04.09.2012, 13:29:01 ---[...] (Honestly. I noticed people complaining at the Steakhouse, but have you seen how busy they were? It's to be expected that it takes them a bit longer!) [...]
--- End quote ---

That impression might have come from the fact, that it was very hard for them to find a language to communicate in. Or that the Steakhouse has a new owner and it was his first encounter with us. Or that they are just not able to handle these extreme demands with the facilities they have. (Quote of the owner: "Next year we just add another building to our restaurant") Despite all these problems they where facing I never found them rude or slow. Quite the opposite. The steakhouse is still my no.1 location outside of the hotel!

--- Quote from: Sithy on 04.09.2012, 13:29:01 ---I know Security is VERY busy so I am not sure if I'm being realistic, but maybe put one or two people at the elevators at peak hours to ensure a more smooth ride? Peak hours like after the fursuit parade, before/after the fursuit dance etc. I am sure Security looks a little more intimidating than me as a fuzzy happy collie ;)
--- End quote ---

Your feedback here is highly appreciated, as we deemed this issue to be a problem for years now. We just hoped that mentioning these very basic rules in various places and especially in the "Your First Furry Convention"-Panel, would be enough to spread some common sense. Unfortunately that didn't work out, judging by the feedback you and others give us. So we will place security in such peak-times at the elevators next year, and see if that works better. :3

Wawik:

--- Quote from: Sithy on 04.09.2012, 13:29:01 ---- Likewise, a lack of common sense in the fursuit lounge. Please don't hog the drying devices for hours on end! I noticed this already got covered by lounge staff in the appropriate thread so yay for you guys :) IMHO though it's not something fursuit lounge staff should/can be blamed for...people just need to get some manners. I own a lot of suits so we took our own fans along so we can dry stuff in our own room -- rather than take up 9+ spots for hours on end. Just something to consider! I saw a lot of suits just sitting there for days on end  ???

--- End quote ---

Remember there's a number of people staying in the overflow hotels, too They probably can't be bothered to carry their fursuit back and forth between hotels, I guess. :-\

(Actually, a good idea would be to put up a few coat racks for storing already dried suits, come to think of it...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version