Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Survey: Protect Your Ears

<< < (4/4)

VulpesRex:
   I myself didn't use the offered hearing protection, because I usually bring my own -  in multiple sets!  I have the detached orange foam conical-shaped ones with the blunt end, a similar set in yellow foam with a plastic string to keep them togethe as a set and to drape around my neck, and a set of the silicone rubber type with the triple-layer sound baffels, for really high-noise level environments.  And if I'm sharing a room with someone, I try to carry a couple extra sets, in case of snoring.

I only saw one box of hearing protectors, being dispensed at the right-most door to the theater/dance area; it may be that not averyone was aware that they were available.

My general comments about their utility would be to echo what Mystifur wrote.  I make my living with my ears, and use protection to avoid injury (and even pain).

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY endorse the practice of handing out free hearing protection - and Thygrrr, if I am fortunate enough to attend EF again next year, I hereby pledge 100 Euro as a donation, to help pay for the expense of purchasing the protectors.

Gero:
I wish I had a set for the first fursuit dance, after the fursuit photo. The opening music number there was LOUD and scared me away on the double. I took two sets when I found some at the next event, but I didnt needed any for any of the events afterwards, not even the concert. I dont know if it was the chock or if the volume at the fursuit friendly dance was extra loud or something.

With that said I am qutie used to the kind of volume youll find att musicals and simular events, after tons of visits to them, but I am not so familiar with the volume at techno dances and parities. :)

Fafnir Kristensen:

--- Quote from: Gero on 09.09.2012, 08:58:11 --- I dont know if it was the chock or if the volume at the fursuit friendly dance was extra loud or something.

--- End quote ---

the volume at the fursuit dance was very loud from the start yes

silverfoxwolf:
1. Usage - How many packs of Ear Plugs did you take, and how long did you wear them? At which events?
2 - Under ten minutes each, for the dances.

2. Sound - On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 is perfect), how was the perceived quality of the music with the plugs?
5 - Good sound for the most part, was not so good with base.

3. Protection - On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 is perfect), how good did they manage to lower the noise level?

4. Ease of Use - On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 is perfect), how easy were the plugs to put in?
9 - Usual slight fitting problems.

5. Comfort - On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 is perfect), how comfortable were they to wear?
3 - As they were quite blocky I found them uncomfortable to wear.

6. Feedback - Anything else you want to remark?
An alternative design is the more conical shaped ones or the ones linked by a band to make them harder to loose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version