Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Panelists: How did our logistics work?

<< < (3/3)

Blue_Panther:
Planning Pictures Thursday 14:00 Room Magdeburg.

Fine room, adequate in size - ideal for a show and tell with open discussion at the end..

All fine, learnt from my mistakes last year and brought addapers for Beamer to Laptop (DVI-D & VGA) with me by myself. The Beamer itself was seated on a table and thus fairly low, so that I did have the individual head in the screen, but that's nothing of a biggie IMO.

I do have a suggestion though: It would be nice to have a glass of water for the panelists - or simply the availability of a cup to pour own drinks in or fill up at a tap. Talking for one and a half hours does require a drink from time to time.

TbW

Pinky:
Well o'wolf already covered the first GoH event, but for the other GoH events I found I had to call con ops to get Peter water and a glass every time (we can easily move some chairs and a table, that's not really a main problem). I know how hard con ops are working and how many things they need to do, so I'm wondering if there perhaps is a better solution than me pestering con ops during the beginning of every GoH panel. But I'll talk directly to them about it. In general though, the room was clean and tidy and with a comfortable temperature and without any bad smells and with comfortable chairs and really all that I could wish for.

Gero:
Oh, I thaught it was the hotell (since its theyre conference rooms) job to set it up and provide it with things needed?

With that said you might want to ad a section next year thats responsible for bringing key items (such as water, glases, projectors, pens etc) to thoose panels and rooms that have asked for such, or make a list of things (like water and glasses) that should be aviable for every panel room every time its a panel. Id guess someone has to work thoose things out for next year, its not things that should have to be done five mins before the event starts.

Bostitch:

--- Quote from: Gero on 12.09.2012, 00:29:22 ---Oh, I thaught it was the hotell (since its theyre conference rooms) job to set it up and provide it with things needed?

--- End quote ---
A hotel is willing to do anything, provided you pay for it. For instance, a business hotel like Maritim will charge anywhere between 5 and 10 euros for a jug of water and some glasses. I think EF prefers to go with volunteers to keep the con fee down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version