Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Conbook - feedback and suggestions

(1/7) > >>

Snow-wolf:
Hello everyone : D

As you may have noticed, there were a few changes within the conbook team this year. Basically we ARE a completly new team and of course tried our best to make a colorful conbook for everyone as guide at the con and memory after the con. Now we are of course curious... how did you like it? :)

Of course suggestions, ideas and also critique are highly welcome, too, just tell us what you think!

Thanks in advance :)

Dhary Montecore:
I really loved the new style!

The whole-colour style looks great and the layout is packed but not too dense. I also loved the idea of having the Artists Introductions. I wonder, if it would be fun to do something similar to the credit list as well? Instead of a dull list, we could write a funny one-liner or the like for each person, or at least for the directors. :3

What I didn't like too much was the amount of advertisement. That made the conbook look weird... Maybe you could cut that down a bit? It wasn't all that bad, since the adverts were all furry, but it seemed a bit much in my opinion.

The timetable looks "cleaner" and well arranged as well!

All in all it looks great. Thank you all for the hard work!

Fafnir Kristensen:
the page numbers to related topics in the timetable was VERY MUCH appreciated, it allowed to very quickly find the details about an event, please do that again!

Kisu:
I loved that new layout!

The artist introduction popped right out when I read it, awesome addition ^_^

Sadly as usual I did not have the time in reading whole bookie before half con was over :S #busypanthersarebusy

Other thing that got my attention was the maps, yes the maps, well detailed, good contrast and clear. I dont even want to look back the old con books and the maps after these x3

Also the dealer's den listing was great, nice to read what ppl are selling before even going in. Saves time from waiting in line :3

Fenrikur:
Although I find myself unable to notice the changes in this year's conbook simply due to the fact that this was my first Eurofurence, I found it to be rather enjoyable reading and quite useful at the same time.
For somebody who was new to the con, the timetable along with the event descriptions provided a good overview of the variety of panels and other activities throughout the EF, which was supplemented really well with updates made available via the EF-App, which in turn could easily be accessed along with the public WiFi via the 2D barcodes in the conbook.

The commercials mentioned by Dhary were imho few and well integrated and selected enough to not be annoying or distracting from the more important parts of the conbook in any way.
Since they also help to pay for the printing costs of those beautifully colourful, informative and entertaining pages, I think they can easily be tolerated, especially since they are rather unobtrusive (as opposed to those in various other publications I know) and mainly advertise other furry conventions and some other furry things.

One thing, which might have been useful for those who were not privy to the Android/iOS app, would've probably been an additional insert detailling the car parks along with their daily rates around the venue (maybe even along with a little map or integrated into the one on the "show-your-badge" pamphlet).

I for my part am really grateful for all the hard work you guys put into creating this conbook, which was really helpful to me right from the start!
Keep up the good work! :3

Addendum:
Since I apparently took too much time before actually submitting this post, I can also only second what Kisu wrote! (-;

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version