Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Your special, beautiful, and most cherished moments at Eurofurence

(1/5) > >>

Mystifur:
Have you had a very special moment at Eurofurence ?
I don't mean the kind of "Oh, I'm so happy to be here. The dances were great, I got to meet XY,..yadda yadda.." ;-)

I'm talking of moments that put you into wonderland. Things that make a difference. That touched your heart.

If you did, please share them with us. :-)

[ SERIOUSLY! WE'RE TALKING ABOUT NOTEWORTHY MAGICAL MOMENTS THAT ARE INTERESTING TO SHARE AND READ FOR EVERYONE. :-) ]

Mystifur:
Last year, when I was loading my car behind the fursuit lounge, Miss Lamprecht, one of the Maritim Service staff, came to me saying: "All these critters look so fun and awesome. I wish I would have had the chance to get into such a costume myself."

Obviously the con was over then and everyone but me had left.
However, her wish was not forgotten.  8)

This year we arranged for that. A fursuit was borrowed (Thanks BBF!), we dragged her into the lounge, stuffed her inside, filled her up with some cups of EF-green, and basically told her: "And now you go out and have fun."

And so she did  ;D

Later that afternoon I received the following SMS from from her: (Translation below)

"Vielen vielen Dank dass Ihr mir das ermöglicht habt. ..auch wenn ich nicht so viel rumgekaspert habe (Anm: wie die erfahrenen Suiter) war es für mich eine super Erfahrung. Bitte sage den Helfern und dem Eigentümer nochmal vielen Dank. ...und wir sehen uns in Berlin im nächten Jahr."

"Many many thanks that you made this possible. ..even if I didn't fool around as much (as the more experience suiters) it was a super experience for me. Bitte forward my thanks to the helpers and the suit owner again. ...and I'm going to see you in Berlin next year."

Mission accomplished

Arctic Steve:
For me it has to be the Fursuit Parade.

Seeing and interacting with the kids of Magdeburg on the walk was by far the most magical experience I've had in my 3 months as a suiter.

Kinase:
For me, it was the winning of the fursuit gameshow :D

Tekumseh:
While this con has been a wonderful time for me where I had many good moments with my friends, there are a few moments that quite stick out. There was the guided meditation with the wonderful Amadhia Dreamsong - I rarely see people so touched. The next was a more private talk with her - Amadhia, if you read this: again thank you so much for taking time for me and for being there for so many of us.

The next was the charity concert - it gave me goose bumps all over and I've seen people cry...

And the last thing was talking with the guys from the charity right before the PawPetShow while we waited for the seating to start (they were keeping those coons in our office). She told me they were thinking about building a new enclosure for some small animals (forgot which) - estimated cost of 800 Euros - but didn't have the money for it. I thought "well, it will be enough for that for sure" but didn't say anything. From last years experince I was quite sure we reach a 5 digit number again... that anounced 15 k were great - the official 19k even better (what a great number - thank you all, guys!). The poor lady ... when Pinky announced those 1500 here and 1600 there - her face was going wild with disbeleaf already - this was by far more than she had hoped for. But then the 15.000 were announced and she nearly collapsed on stage... guys - has nobody told her what she signed up for?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version