Eurofurence Information > Feedback

EF23 Feedback (2017)

<< < (9/15) > >>

Nathalias:
@Atkelar: regarding the fursuit photo: I undestand that the stairs at the beergarden are problematic and understand why this idea was abandoned. My suggestion would be to go to the great hall for the photo directly after the parade. Yes, this may be too long for some to be in suit... but on the other hand a lot of people missed this years photo because of other events.

Futeko:
I also missed the Fursuit Group Photo due to a conflict with another event (namely Enter the Arena).
It takes me about 40 minutes to get to my room, get in suit, and come back down to the lobby. If there are any Main Stage Events still ongoing an hour before the photo, I have to choose between missing the end of that Event or missing the Fursuit Group Photo, which is a hard choice to make.

Maybe a morning slot like the regular Group Photo could be a compromise? That way, there should be much less chance of conflicting with a main stage event.

Atkelar:

--- Quote from: Futeko on 28.08.2017, 03:48:52 ---I also missed the Fursuit Group Photo due to a conflict with another event (namely Enter the Arena).
It takes me about 40 minutes to get to my room, get in suit, and come back down to the lobby. If there are any Main Stage Events still ongoing an hour before the photo, I have to choose between missing the end of that Event or missing the Fursuit Group Photo, which is a hard choice to make.

Maybe a morning slot like the regular Group Photo could be a compromise? That way, there should be much less chance of conflicting with a main stage event.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Nathalias on 28.08.2017, 00:18:26 ---@Atkelar: regarding the fursuit photo: I undestand that the stairs at the beergarden are problematic and understand why this idea was abandoned. My suggestion would be to go to the great hall for the photo directly after the parade. Yes, this may be too long for some to be in suit... but on the other hand a lot of people missed this years photo because of other events.

--- End quote ---

I can totally understand that and any suggestions are duly noted! Please bear in mind however, that it will be impossible to find a time and space that suits everybody. There has to be some compromise here and there. The "early morning slot" around noon promped many people to say "why that early? I'm asleep at that time!" - so there's always two sides to every option and we have to pick what we think is the least problematic one, based on feedback like yours! Next year needs to change for various reasons anyway, so let's see what we can come up with during next year's scheduling!

Futeko:

--- Quote from: Atkelar on 28.08.2017, 12:56:57 ---I can totally understand that and any suggestions are duly noted! Please bear in mind however, that it will be impossible to find a time and space that suits everybody. There has to be some compromise here and there. The "early morning slot" around noon promped many people to say "why that early? I'm asleep at that time!" - so there's always two sides to every option and we have to pick what we think is the least problematic one, based on feedback like yours! Next year needs to change for various reasons anyway, so let's see what we can come up with during next year's scheduling!
--- End quote ---

No worries! I certainly can imagine how much of a nightmare programming events can be - especially with so much happening in so little time and with so many attendees. There just simply can't be a perfect solution.
So, thank you very much for all the work you put into developing & improving the solution every year - and for hosting the Photo in the first place!

Shex:
First of all, awesome convention (and my first EF), I just have a few aspects

- Furs with portable music boxes were really getting annoying, especially sitting in the Artist Alley and them moving back and forth through it. Would it maybe be possible to give them a time slot or not allow them in places where people can't just move away? (which would be AA and DD I guess)

- many empty panels at the Art Show... I get how hard the organization must be, and I was really really really glad I god some space there, but I think there might be a way to fill the whole artshow up, maybe just remind people that there might be more room after all is set up, redistribute the unclaimed space after the regular setup is done? I'm not sure if there's an easy way that is not too labor intensive (guys, you've worked so much everytime I went to the Art Show .__.), but maybe just think about if there's another way

- crowded Dealer's Den. There really was barely any space to move, especially for the tables in the middle to the left, that were placed like a "U" shape. Not sure if there is a way to change that, since that room, as I heard, was the only one with windows and daylight. But from other Conventions I also know of Dealer's Dens that are in the basement, no natural light either, but only 6-8 hours opened, maybe that's an option?

- Artist Alley: There was an email, that people who applied for the Dealer's Den and didn't get in would be reserved a space in the Artist Alley, was that a thing? I was lucky that I was up early enough both days to get a spot, but I really liked the idea. Maybe a sign-up in the evening? Not sure how big the demand for tables even was.
I know that MFF has 3 days of Artist Alley and it is a lottery to get a spot, and if you didn't get a spot on either of the first two days, you are guaranteed one on the last day, I really like this idea. Also they have a screen showing all the artist names that currently sit in the Artist Alley, that was pretty helpful :)

also:
- make Artist Alley 3 days long, more time for more folks to sit there :)

One thing I wanted to address but was already solved: Prices on the midnight snack buffet of the Estrel. I noticed they didn't have prices written down on at least one day, it really kept me from buying. You never know if your Currywurst is 12 bucks or something. But the next day there was a nice list of the Snacks offered and the prices. That was goood!

Also, I'm pro 'no tails in the Art Show' rule, it might be ridiculous for people with like rabbit tails, but either everyone has to leave their tail outside, or everyone can take them in. And really, you don't want to hit a panel and throw down artwork. And it could happen so easily. Just stay with that rule :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version