Eurofurence Information > Feedback

EF24 Pawpet show

<< < (5/6) > >>

Cifer:

--- Quote from: Eisfuchs on 04.09.2018, 11:56:32 ---
--- Quote ---Another one which was fairly noticeable was Link Kabanshee getting shot without ever having even a minor impact on the play, back at the ship he was... fine, just like that. Bringing him into the hospital because of a shot-wound and snatching the data during that time would've made more sense then pushing a huge ice-cone into his rump - even if it was a fun one :)
--- End quote ---
Explained by the long time it takes to travel. Getting him to a hospital after being shot would be weeks too late. We imagine that in this age of technology, the ship is equipped with a way to treat wounds efficiently, since the crew probably spends months on the ship without access to medical facilities.
--- End quote ---
I can understand that, but what was the point of him being shot in the first place, narratively speaking? The way it was presented at the climax of the scene, it looked like it would become important - a heroic sacrifice, a lingering injury taking him out of the action, something he'll want to take revenge for? But it just never turned up again.

Eisfuchs:

--- Quote from: Cifer on 04.09.2018, 12:55:48 ---I can understand that, but what was the point of him being shot in the first place, narratively speaking? The way it was presented at the climax of the scene, it looked like it would become important - a heroic sacrifice, a lingering injury taking him out of the action, something he'll want to take revenge for? But it just never turned up again.

--- End quote ---
The actual wounding was part of a plot line that was removed later on. But it turned out to be a good reason for us to take Link with us to Earth, because he could not evacuate with the rest of his staff (BRIAAAAAN!), and he became more important for us than we initially meant him to be.

Cifer:
BRIAAAAAAN! was the best part of the show anyway.  #p

Kulze:

--- Quote ---
--- Quote from: Kulze on 28.08.2018, 13:31:48 ---This years Pawpet was one of the 'weak' ones in my eyes sadly, and it could've been easily remedied.

--- End quote ---
That's easy to say. Come and join the team, make it happen :-)

--- End quote ---

Sadly I live ~600 km away from your places, so that's a time and money problem on my side :p Otherwise I would be glad to help out, the Pawpetshow is great, and you can see there's a lot of work put into it. Even those 'weak' years I'm speaking about are decent shows, just, the strong ones stand out so much more.

--- Quote ---I wonder how you identified one specific puppeteer. For me it was hard to tell people apart behind the stage, they all looked like black men with masks :-D

--- End quote ---
Because his face was visible several times shortly :p That's something new I've seen. The black masses at for instance the space scene fitted well, they were barely visible. It just stood out this year compared to the others.

--- Quote ---People tend to jump on such an opportunity with a lot of unrealistic expectations, which is why I wouldn't want to make a contest that makes any promises in advance, for example.

--- End quote ---
Yes, that's sadly true. I'm sure there's a way to alleviate that though. It just needs to be the base idea, and we got a few absolutely awesome story writers out there. A disclaimer about send in stories only being adapted in part or rewritten entirely would probably help with that, with credits for the respective writer often being enough. It's basically a win-win situation. Someone with a good idea gets a short time in the limelight, probably putting a bit of attention on their work which might be their way of bringing food in basically. So that could work still.
Also, the main reason I wrote the idea is to alleviate some of the pressure on the crew. While the PPS is a massive undertaking, and has many volunteers, it's basically still understaffed for a 1 year project, so any way to ease the burden on you guys is always good. For a volunteer-only project the PPS is still one of the highest quality things I've ever seen, so keep up the great work :)

Back to drafts in itself though. Even with 'failing' ones, I would say the individual ideas amassed from them - even if it's only small parts - could help along with working out the show quicker, leaving you more time to actually focus on perfecting it. On the other hand, it would surely be quite the undertaking to organize a well thought out way to 'separate the wheat from the chaff' so to speak without stepping on peoples toes along the way.

Eisfuchs:

--- Quote from: Kulze on 04.09.2018, 18:02:46 ---Sadly I live ~600 km away from your places, so that's a time and money problem on my side :p Otherwise I would be glad to help out[...]

--- End quote ---
I live ~ 500 km away from our rehearsal location (that's 3 rehearsals x 1000 km) and ~450km away from Cheetah's place (4 or 5 weekends of script writing and feedback meetings x 900 km). We have other staff members who have to go even farther, crossing country borders even. It's one of the things you have to be ready to do when you have a volunteer project that is not based on people around you but on a more or less Europe-wide community. So come and make change happen  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version