Eurofurence Information > Programming

Livestreaming (art)

(1/3) > >>

Snow-wolf:
Hi :)

I was just watching a funny old guy on TV painting a picture and telling funny stories along with it, explaining how he works and how he uses his medium. Really enjoying the way he did so, I got an idea. I don't know if its a good or a bad one but I thought I at least suggest it here.

Maybe it would be possible to get some good artists to paint at EF, while its being livestreamed.
Doesn't matter if digital or traditional. Would be funny (but of course optional) if those artists then also had a microphone and would explain what they are doing or just tell some witty anecdotes.

I don't think this would be something for a stage, but it could be cool for EF Prime.
And since this year there were also some tv's showing EF Prime in the lobby, people could watch it from everywhere. And in the rooms with sound.

What do you think of it?

Suran:
Do you think it's a good idea to rely on a wireless network that covers only the lobby and surrounding areas and is shared by 900+ people?

Snow-wolf:
But it's somehow possible to stream the other events (like e.g. dance competition) live, too.
So why wouldnt it be possible to do the same with someone drawing or painting?

I have no clue of tech-stuff, maybe I'm mistaken :)
If that's the case and the idea is not realizable, it's okay, was just a suggestion.

White_Dragon:
Thought of live streaming is something as mission-impossible specially on EF.

There was build few public WIFI hotspots, for the EF-attendees and I can say it was pretty much overloaded. And thought of watch low res. youtube impossible.

The internet capacity is just not adequate for so much internet users and time to time connect on some WIFI points was impossible as they reach their capacity.
We had some hustle just to provide some running connection for Panels  but the panellists abandon the idea use it as it was taking to long.

From past experiences it is not possible unless different arrangement is made.   

Snow-wolf:
But I never said I want it to happen over Wifi/Youtube/Internet
Maybe then "livestream" was the wrong word for it.

I was more thinking of setting up a camera that would film what the artist is drawing/painting.
or, if its a digital artist then it would somehow be send directly via cable to the tv. (as mentioned above, im not a tech-person, so no clue if thats possible, but i think so)

No Wifi, no internet... still impossible?  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version