Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Room booking procedure for 2018  (Read 20821 times)

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
Re: Room booking procedure for 2018
« Reply #15 on: 20.01.2018, 14:59:51 »

Since payment is due to be made in 14 days, would there be consequences other than losing the registration if one wouldn't do so ?

No consequences besides missing EF and giving up any chance to get a room later when it would have been your turn on the waiting list. Or finding someone you can room with who has a room. Or finding someone who'll let you store your fursuit in their room - no it's not ghosting if all you do is leave your fursuit there over night :)

Consider this: Initially many attendees reserve a room, not having found someone to share it with yet. Last year, many who initially ended up on the waiting list did get a room in the end. Of course, we can make no guarantees. It'd be a gamble.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)

meo

« Reply #16 on: 20.01.2018, 16:49:01 »

If i understand the process this year correctly, we don't need the Creditcard registration/verification this year?

gummi_bjorn

• Video Team
    • my fa
« Reply #17 on: 20.01.2018, 17:16:25 »

no card is not needed for room booking.

BlueBerry

• Fursuit Entertainment
  • Press Relations
  • Feedbacksammler
« Reply #18 on: 20.01.2018, 17:36:45 »

The description on how to book a room has been posted to the Announcements section of the forum: https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,7970.0.html
Just a question regarding the announcement.
The "personalised password" will be an individual password or like the previous years just the same for everyone and those who get the email first, tell their friends who are still waiting for their confirmation!?
2016 was a bit unfair, because it was also said "personal phrase" and it turned out to be "eurofurence 22".
I am just curious about that.
Everything else is crystal clear.
Every registered person will get its own personalized code.

boronk

« Reply #19 on: 20.01.2018, 22:07:21 »

Good to see registration started at 20:00pm...   :-\

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #20 on: 20.01.2018, 22:17:02 »

Good to see registration started at 20:00pm...   :-\

It started precisely 8 minutes late because I forgot to make an important setting on the live server that only shows its effect when 2000 people are mass-sending requests to it, so our tests (including all staffers registering) did not reveal the problem.

I apologize for my oversight.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)

gummi_bjorn

• Video Team
    • my fa
« Reply #21 on: 20.01.2018, 22:33:11 »

since it was you jumpy, then you are forgiven ;)

Vaulz

• Convention Security Operative
  • :3
« Reply #22 on: 21.01.2018, 01:44:39 »

Sure, but as a fursuiter, thats not a desireable option to me. ;) I know you can store the suits in the lounge, but i'm just a little too paranoid I guess, lol

You don't have to store your suit in the fursuit lounge. There is the fursuit locker, a service provided by the security team for fursuiters who don't reside in the Estrel. You only need to write an email on that topic to security@eurofurence.org including your name, nickname, regnumber and a photo of the fursuit. You will then be able to have your fursuit stored like in the fursuit lounge, but in a separate area that is only accessible to the security team. You may not be entirely as flexible as with the fursuit lounge, since you'd be dependent on a security operative beeng free to retrieve your suit, but it is definitely an alternative that allows you to have your suit stored safely without having to carry it to wherever you are staying.

Hai λ

• Internal Coordination
  • λ> Just $ "Eyo!" >>= replicate 2
« Reply #23 on: 21.01.2018, 19:47:27 »

no card is not needed for room booking.

The Estrel decides that on a case by case basis.
Embedded in the mud, glistening green and gold and black, was a butterfly, very beautiful and very dead.
Twitter | FurAffinity

milvusbuteo

« Reply #24 on: 22.01.2018, 08:01:36 »

I'm a bit angry at this procedure.. I was pretty much in time for registration, got the reg no. 1152. Then I waited for the email which was essential to the booking process (as the description said). Which I didn't got even now! A friend told me, to look at the registration site and indeed I could book a room. But I waited like 25 plus minutes for the email. Then I sent the booking mail to the hotel at 22:27, and I was placed in the waiting list. I asked the others in our telegram group when did they sent their mails to the hotel, and one of them sent it around 22:22, and she got a room... Everyone else got the manual confirmation email, only I didn't. And no, it is not in the spam.
  m( :-[

James The Dog

« Reply #25 on: 22.01.2018, 11:59:00 »

I find myself feeling annoyed over the procedure too. Especially as I filled out the registration form... it crashed when I tried to send it and I had to fill it out again which took another minute of so and probably easily cost me around 300 places in the reg number list- and therefore a guaranteed room- and therefore I'm on the waiting list.

It seems a bit of a mess and inconsistent anyway, it seems some people who emailed the hotel after me got a room, and some who emailed before aren't even on the waiting list. I'm not sure if this is as bad as ladengate or not yet... but at least I got a room there even if it did take me 5 hours. I don't even know where I am on the waiting list (or how big it is either) so I can't even grasp how likely my chances of getting a room actually are.

I hope I do get a room though, as I just couldn't cope with an overflow hotel needing either a 25 minute walk, an S-bahn ride or a shuttle bus. I need to be able to keep going back to the room to rest or get away from the con for a while, which I can't do if I'm in a hotel a mile or so away.
« Last Edit: 22.01.2018, 12:01:37 by James The Dog »

Schorse

« Reply #26 on: 22.01.2018, 18:24:30 »

It seems a bit of a mess and inconsistent anyway, it seems some people who emailed the hotel after me got a room, and some who emailed before aren't even on the waiting list.

The problem is the delay at your email provider. You send it out, but it may take half an hour to be recieved by the hotel.

James The Dog

« Reply #27 on: 22.01.2018, 20:40:07 »

The problem is the delay at your email provider. You send it out, but it may take half an hour to be recieved by the hotel.

Maybe shows that the "send an email" system wasn't the best way to do it. I have been struggling to understand how people with numbers less than 1000 can be on the waiting list, people with 1200 numbers got a room, and some people with 1300 numbers) didn't get on the waiting list at all, but some higher are on the waiting list.

One way that might help is people only get the hotel booking link after their con fee is payed? Stops people getting a room "just in case" and means at least people are more likely to attend the con. Is there actually a system where if people don't pay their con fee on time their room booking gets cancelled? Feels fair for those of us who's paid their con fee and are still waiting for a room.

I just feel frustrated at this situation, not knowing if I even have a room or not (or how long I might have to wait to find out)- my planned roommate is the same situation, not even sure if he should book his flights or not- he's not going to hang on waiting forever (like me, he's unlikely to come if he has to stay in an overflow).
« Last Edit: 22.01.2018, 20:55:46 by James The Dog »

Raito Wolf

« Reply #28 on: 22.01.2018, 22:09:47 »

One way that might help is people only get the hotel booking link after their con fee is payed? Stops people getting a room "just in case" and means at least people are more likely to attend the con. Is there actually a system where if people don't pay their con fee on time their room booking gets cancelled? Feels fair for those of us who's paid their con fee and are still waiting for a room.

You didn't have to pay the con fee to book a room. The "How to book a room" link appeared right after your account was accepted.

Also maybe those under 1000 people were slower than those people with numbers of 1200 when it came to booking a room, the email provider was slow, the internet connection was slow... There can be many reasons why that happened.

James The Dog

« Reply #29 on: 23.01.2018, 00:31:34 »

You didn't have to pay the con fee to book a room. The "How to book a room" link appeared right after your account was accepted.

I know- I was saying maybe that's a suggestion for how they should do it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up