Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Streifen premiere aftermath

<< < (3/10) > >>

Pan Hesekiel Shiroi:

--- Quote from: Lokosicek on 09.09.2010, 02:16:44 ---[...]
3.) now quoting him directly "If he tries to learn it from the start all by himself, he will go crazy..."
[...]

--- End quote ---

Seconded. Just ask Eisfuchs

Hurga:

--- Quote from: Lokosicek on 09.09.2010, 02:16:44 ---3.) now quoting him directly "If he tries to learn it from the start all by himself, he will go crazy..."
--- End quote ---
Kyo is crazy already, so that won't matter. ;)

kyo:
@fairlight: English native speaker would be -highly- apreciated, I can tell you that...

regarding the issue with blender. Currently I am learning blender like a machine and there is a -lot- of documentation available (especialy videos). Yet I am already pretty deep in charmodelling and the only thing that bothers me (yet) is the huge amount of new possibilities. I.E you can generate and comb fur in -realtime-, aply textures as 3D-architekture in with a brushtool in realtime etc...

Yet I do not see the problem of a "way of no return", especially since blender allows to re-link objects in such a way that a change in an object will be automaticly aplied to all items that link to it. Its object orientated blahblahblahblah.

One thing is for sure: I survived -"xyz"- withoug getting totally nuts and -that- means something, I can tell you.

http://www.fireball.org/blender.PNG

what I mean, this is what I got after just -ten days- working and learning. The same result would have taken me in "xyz"... a couple of weeks (even without the added structures).
Yes, I admit, I expect trouble coming up but I am still very confident that blender will do the job. I just have a  good gutfeeling about that program. It just suits me.

Anyway,  I hardly see any alternative:
a) I WONT use "xyz" again. It sucks. sucks. sucks, sucks!
b) I can not afford a XSI, Maja or whatever license. They are eitherway WAY to expensive or lack certain abilities. Thats not an option.
c) Blender has -everything- I need: Rather advanced sculting, rather smart UV-unwrapping, hair,fur, particles. Just.

Tl;dr : Blender no werking, no "panzer o1"

But don't worry. It will be fine, just as always =)

leinir:
i wouldn't mind offering the use of my voice :) As a sample of what it sounds like, this is me speaking both in random person-to-person mode and in presentation mode: http://www.vimeo.com/13645489 (a talk about Gluon and GamingFreedom.org - the new open source game development and distribution platform we're working on).

o'wolf:

--- Quote from: Lokosicek on 09.09.2010, 02:16:44 ---When I spoke with other fur about your idea of using Blender this time, he warned its not a good idea [..]
--- End quote ---

How long ago did he take a look at it? Blender has extremely improved since it became Free Software. There is plenty of documentation now, a large amount of tutorials, and a very active and helpful community of programmers and users.

While I'm using it only for compositing, video effects and as a video title generator (all I can model is crude technical stuff, and even that takes ages), I haven't experienced any point of no return. Opposed to many other authoring tools, it has a reasonable work flow, is very stable, and has a consistent object model.

One of the major drawbacks is that you need to know a bit about the math behind many functions, otherwise you'll get some quite unexpected results.

Personally, I learned quite a lot about lighting, even in a physical environment, just by trying to illuminate a very simple scene in Blender. And ask Xan about how he created the sewing patterns for the custom puppets of this year's pawpet show. Blender is an amazing tool box.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version