Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Streifen premiere aftermath

<< < (4/10) > >>

kyo:
@owolf:
Yeppers, thats exactly how it feels to me. The application I used for "Streifen" did everything it could to prevent any kind of noticeable workflow. It was like being stuck in the eighties all the time. Blender just offers many ways to do things. And most of them are insanely elegant.

@locosiecek:
Sorry man, I have no further plans to release additional artwork. Only if someone visits me, scans all the stuff and puts it online by himself. Yet I see no way for me to do that (haven't even updated fireball for decades). Time is a very tight resource.

Lokosicek:
Kyo:

Oh by the way, Im offering myself to create subtitles for Streifen 2.0 (first in English, and then translate them into Czech, if you aproove it). Sometimes I had bit of a hard time of understanding certain words, or sentences, either because of the way they were spoken, or because they were overpowered by rest of the audio (sounds, or music).

kyo:
Ah.. kay. I'll prolly come back to that. Mebbe a hardcoded version. Not quite sure yet. Editing them into the movie is also quite some work. See you got some sparetime the next time well meet at ef. I'll hand you my computer to do that ;)

Anyways, blender is still going very well (I think I might know what bothered your friend tough. He might have fooled around with "multires". That one does indeed change the mesh a little even if you aply it with very low impact. However thats nothing that can not be fixed.)
If you want to see more of the blending-process I suggest you follow my livejournal at

http://kyomotion.livejournal.com/

I will post there news and WIP pictures on a (more or less) regular base. Stay tuned!

kind regards
 kyo

Lokosicek:
You need not to worry now. Ill use the movie from DVD ive bought, and create subtitles as a separate file in the following days (using a freeware soft named "Subtitle workshop"). Then Ill send them to you so you can check if they actually fit, and do the corrections. After that you can put them up for download with the video on vimeo.

Oh, by the way, Im following your LJ for a year or so now (i do not remember exactly, id have to check). Looking forward to see you on next eurofurence.

PS: As per your Streifen related artwork. Bring it to EF next year then :) Ill bring my scanner (HP Scanjet 3800) along, and will try to do the scanning (if the artwork fits into it).

Amaru:
I had no idea what I was going in for except it was a film, and I was really pleasently suprised - have to say I found it incredibly trippy, but very well done and enjoyable, and most importantly for any director I'm still thinking about the film a week or so on.

I would have got a DVD but I was severely lacking in funds, to the extent I now have about 5Euro in my bank account, I'll pick up a copy when you've released the final version. I stayed right to the end but didn't say anything as for one I had nothing really to add that hadn't already been said, mainly some parts confused me but it was overall fantastic, and two I literally can't really speak in front of a room of others as I suffer from a rather severe stammer >_>

But yes, very good, you can definatly tell how much effort went into it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version