Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Purple Feedback

<< < (4/7) > >>

Thygrrr:
I believe the Leather Wolf is a very sophisticated suit.

However, it also looks very fetish-y, especially with the metal rings on the torso, and partly because of the dark and glossy leather.

It makes me feel uneasy to know this suit was on TV and was photographed with kids. The suit suit elicited the statement "what the heck is this guy supposed to be?" from my (non-furry) girlfriend.

In my opinion, the leather wolf suit crosses the line of decency a lot further than, say, wearing a dog collar with a leash attached, which I also find questionable to the extent of agreeing with the ban.

This is, obviously, my very subjective impression. I understand it is hard to draw any lines, and that the main difficulty is to not over-ban (and stifle creativity and self-expression, highly valued in the furry community) rather than occasionally under-banning (and accepting that there's always going to be something that squicks some portions of the audience).

I do think, however, that if a suit squicks your average "full-blooded" furries (people who like multiple aspects of Furryness, e.g. art, suiting and the lifestyle at the same time), it might me crossing the line.

Camrath:
Speaking as someone who has been referenced a few times in this thread, I'd like to suggest an attitude of 'live and let live'.

I was the guy in the zentai lion suit (Camrath) and the zentai gnoll suit with armour (Wandering Monster), as well as the lion bodypainter and the one that organised the British Bodypainting Invasion with my two young disciples (Tux the white tiger and Skye the sparkledog). This was set up with close communication with the security team (of which I was also an active member) and indeed I made sure that aside from getting advanced permission for my costumes that I also got them vetted 'in the flesh' by either Gyro or Dhary on each costuming day.

Costuming at EF was the most fun I've had in a very long time, and I loved how accepting the great majority of the con attendees were of people trying something different. What many of you may not be aware of is that face/bodypainting has a longer history than fursuiting in the UK- back when the UK community was first forming in the late 90s there were no full fursuits in general circulation, and so we would use facepaint, bodypaint and partials to express ourselves. I've been quietly campaigning to bring back bodypainting as an art and expression style for the past five years, and this EF I would generally consider a resounding success on this front!

Thygrrr:
Thank you Camrath, you do have a point and I'm quite inclined to agree now.

Camrath:

--- Quote from: Thygrrr on 24.08.2011, 14:10:07 ---Thank you Camrath, you do have a point and I'm quite inclined to agree now.

--- End quote ---

Thank YOU. It's a pleasant surprise indeed to hear someone on the internet say that! ;)

SenGrisane:
I found the leather armor quite cool and I never once thought about it in a sexual content. And I have a perverted mind :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version