Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Purple Feedback

<< < (5/7) > >>

Drift:
In my opinion, the leather wolf does not look fettisch-y at all.
Joining plenty of LARP events myself, first thing I thought when seeing that outfit was:"OMG, what a cool piece of full boddy leather armour". I would never had the idea of seeing it as fetish gear if you would not have mentioned it here. Rings, bolts, leather strips and -scraps are common materials when creating amour.

Having that suit running around at a furry event is another pair of shoes, though. I must confess, that this fact made me frown as well. I guess some people visiting EF can feel offended of the suit because it stuck out of the crowd, had no fur at all, and people who have nothing to do with medival/fantasy/larp stuff might associate all kind of "leather gear clothing" with "fetish".

Overall, I really liked that piece, did not feel offended at all and feel not worried about it beeing in the news.

djem:
I personally wasn't shocked that much by the leather suit, but more by the bodypainted guy. I remember seeing two of those guys at the piano bar and I really felt like "what the hell do those almost naked guy's do here??!".
I couldnt imagine myself sitting in a bar with just boxers - it's just wrong/weird to me.

And if it's to supposed to be some kind of art, I'm sorry then, but for example bondage, leashes and so on, are also sometimes considered as "art" yet still not allowed in public places at EF.

Klepsydra:
As someone who both fursuits and facepaints (and have bodypainted in the past) I very much think that EF should be inclusive rather than exclusive whenever possible. There is no One True Way of expressing your inner furriness, neither should there be. I thought that the mix of fursuiters, bodypainters, zentai costumers, the leather wolf, people with tails and ears, and people who just looked normal (well nearly!) was exactly how EF should be.

Camrath:

--- Quote from: djem on 24.08.2011, 22:06:43 ---I personally wasn't shocked that much by the leather suit, but more by the bodypainted guy. I remember seeing two of those guys at the piano bar and I really felt like "what the hell do those almost naked guy's do here??!".
I couldnt imagine myself sitting in a bar with just boxers - it's just wrong/weird to me.

And if it's to supposed to be some kind of art, I'm sorry then, but for example bondage, leashes and so on, are also sometimes considered as "art" yet still not allowed in public places at EF.

--- End quote ---

I for one can't imagine myself sitting around in a full fursuit- sweaty, uncomfortable and wrong and weird to me. Some may consider it to be 'art' or 'performance' but everyone knows people really only have sex in them...

Change it around, and maybe you'll see my point. (Note, not all of the above is my actual opinion on fursuits- I love looking at them, but couldn't stand to wear one) One man's oddness is another man's normality or comfort zone. In the case of myself and other bodypainters it's a way to get closer to our totem animals, to provide a different form of performance art, to just let go and become part of the crazy scene that is furry.

Oh and in addition each of us was wearing more than 'just boxers', and was completely within the con's dress codes and behaviour guidelines.

Keenora:
I think, after reading the last messages, we should come back to the main part, the feedback. I think this conversation goes too far away from the Feedback-Topic, doesnt it? o.o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version