Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Restaurants et all feedback

<< < (2/6) > >>

ANTIcarrot:

--- Quote from: Bostitch on 25.08.2011, 16:16:14 ---That's funny, cause this Pizza Hut was nothing like those we have at home (Netherlands).
--- End quote ---
I should say it appeared to be a pretty bog standard British Pizza Hut. At least one the recently built and shiney new ones.

I should say there was a model last year. Didn't loo kfor it this year and don't know if it'll be there next year, but good luck!

And if I understand, you were looking at Sait Johannis Church? You might want to try the Museum of Natural History and Cultural Heritage. Item G on this year's tourist map. I've no idea what you'll find in there. Personally I was saving it for next year. :)

Bostitch:
Yeah I assumed you meant British Pizza huts from your location. :)
Will give that museum a try next year, thanks!

Elfasi:
The Alex bar out the back of the hotel and turn left, was really good!  I went there more than any other restaurant in Magdeburg.  Great lunch and dinner, special Sunday offers, awesome drinks, very friendly staff who seemed to really enjoy seeing all the furries.  Really my only complaint was the place was a little pricey.  Not too bad, which is why I went there so often.

nobs:
my experiences:

Steakhouse Ortega: really good

Alex: service is a little "simple", but at the end on the positive side of "good enough"; can deal with a real crowd of people

Italian "La Piazza": really good

Asian "Qi Lin": service always seems a bit over-strained, even with a small number of guests; but food and drinks are very good; check the bill! I can not say whether it is on purpose, but with us and other groups there were several errors.

Spanish "La Bodega": really good

Greek Asteria: really good

The coffee house at the rear entrance. I think it was the "Köhlers": Service was damn slow at first but ok at the end. Coffee specialities and the fine cakes are really great.

Apart from the restaurants we had some smaller dishes, typically as brunch. For example the "Heisser Wolf" in the Allee Center and the Subway in the train station. There were no bad experiences to me.

Drift:
A place that was not mentioned so far:

Cafe Hansen (7 minutes walk from Hotel)
All you can eat breakfast buffet, with eggs, cakes, all sorts of bread/spreads/cheese/meats, free drinks for 7,00€.
The catch: Only between 7.00 and 9.00 am  :P
Did it once, was not disapointed. Nice place and tasty food for the early birds out there ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version