Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Balloons...

<< < (7/9) > >>

Rua Whitepaw:
Maybe next year there could be a department of 'unforeseen delay entertainment'? Uncle Kage showed up this year but he was a bit too late...

MartinRJ:
Just because it's not been said before: I think it's totally antisocial, rude and a little bit ignorant and dumb to destroy someone else's balloons. It's like acting like kids. That IS NO FUN and NO entertainment for others.

The ballloons we're talking about were very nice balloons with nice printings on them, which were PROPERTY of someone, even though they probably aren't roughly worth the meal they'd destroy if they would have dropped into it.

And apart from that, everyone KNOWS that there are some people with fear of balloons and you do us NO favor by being in charge for the start of a discussion like this one (of all things, the guys which like to pop balloons should know BEST about other's fear of balloons).

It is rude, ignorant and counterproductive to pop our balloons, which we were having lots of fun with, obviously!

The result will be a ban of the balloons - in a more or less minor extend - and some annoyed and freaked furs which couldn't enjoy the wonderful evenings with us.

I would say: ban people with needles instead!!!!!! NOT the balloons.

Fafnir Kristensen:
mmm you dont need needles to pop a balloon, just poking it hard to try to make it fly high is enough to make it explode, and I guess most of the time it was unexpected.
the plastic used for common balloon is not really sturdy.
now if we used some of these large blowup balloon intended for beach fun (which are still relatively light) the risk to see them explode would be much reduced, but then the risk it would topple a drink glass or something else would be higher too and that may not go well with security.

Nightfox:
@ MartinRJ

Yes, it is rude to pop them.
But, its also the owners responsibility to take care of the ballon, and that is not possible if you throw like 10 if the giant ones into the lobby.
Balloons are fragile after all and they also pop when they hit sharp corners and that can happen everywhere in the lobby.

Its simple, just don't overdo it, if you bring one balloon with you nothing will happen :)
If there is a person (but i doubt it) who runs around and pops them to cause trouble, just tell the security, its easy.

gwyndolium:
I'm afraid of fursuits. Can they be taken away please?

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version