Eurofurence Information > Feedback

EF18 Feedback

<< < (28/37) > >>

DarkFoxDK:

--- Quote from: BigBlueFox on 10.09.2012, 11:52:18 ---
--- Quote from: Drachetto on 10.09.2012, 11:18:42 ---
--- Quote from: BigBlueFox on 10.09.2012, 01:36:02 ---The blackboard actually was at the back entrance, probably due to the fact that the front entrance had this huge and awesome piece of decoration set up.

I do have to admit, tho, it wasn't the best or most obvious place to put a blackboard. At the same time, I lack ideas for a better place.

--- End quote ---

In front of the other doors of the Fursuit Lounge? I remember it was always closed.

--- End quote ---

No, it was at the back of the lobby, where the two elevators are. Pretty close to the con ops office.

--- End quote ---

It felt too hidden away to me. I only came across it on the last day. Perhaps placing it behind the decoration, across from the elevators would work better? It seemed people were putting up announcements around there anyway.

Cookie:

--- Quote from: BigBlueFox on 10.09.2012, 01:36:02 ---The blackboard actually was at the back entrance, probably due to the fact that the front entrance had this huge and awesome piece of decoration set up.

I do have to admit, tho, it wasn't the best or most obvious place to put a blackboard. At the same time, I lack ideas for a better place.

--- End quote ---

In front of the other doors of the Fursuit Lounge? I remember it was always closed.

--- End quote ---

No, it was at the back of the lobby, where the two elevators are. Pretty close to the con ops office.

--- End quote ---

Yes, Drachetto was suggesting a new place to put it, i think :)

Drachetto:

--- Quote from: Cookie on 10.09.2012, 13:03:16 ---
--- Quote from: BigBlueFox on 10.09.2012, 01:36:02 ---.... I lack ideas for a better place.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yes, Drachetto was suggesting a new place to put it, i think :)

--- End quote ---

Yes, I was ^^'

datgingercat:
EF18 was my first furry convention and I have to admit, you guys have successfully convinced me into wanting more!

Some things that particularly suited me:
+ Hotel location, pretty much everything was in walking distance
+ Panel organisation; there were really a lot of panels, many of them taking place at the same time yet somehow, I don't know if this was intentional, with the last schedule modification I was able to attend everything I wanted to see.
+ Security team was doing a great job! You need to put two boxes at the bar next year, where one can put in donations for the security team and the staff, which they can obtain by the end of the day in the form of fine German beverages :D
+ Informative screens with maps (I know there were maps in the con book, but taking one quick look before rushing off in search of the next room was much easier this way)

However, there were some things which might need slight improvements:
- My name contains strange Martian non-ascii characters and that resulted in a very funny badge. I was kindly offered to have my badge replaced, but I didn't want to bother the team, thought if you guys keep up the good work you should consider the possibility of further Martian guests.
- I guess this should go without saying, but perhaps, apart from asking people to not abuse the elevators, you should also write a short guide on how to use an elevator, because I didn't feel very safe when someone decided it would be fun to start jumping up and down in the elevator and the whole elevator was shaking.
- Another thing about elevators, this might be a stupid suggestion as I don't know how the elevators are controlled, nor how cooperative the hotel staff/elevator staff is, but perhaps you should consider adding an option for security and fursuiters - when they swipe their badge through the card reader, their floor of choice is given priority to everyone else's, which they could use if they were in a hurry.

Gero:
Please no: That would leave everyone with a fursuit badge doing that trick all the time making it everything but impossible for every one else to use the elevators att peak times. So as much as I as fursuiter would love this suggestion please dont.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version