Eurofurence Information > Feedback

EF18 Feedback

<< < (31/37) > >>

Gero:

--- Quote from: Pinky on 11.09.2012, 23:48:04 ---
--- Quote from: Henrieke on 08.09.2012, 11:26:27 ---
--- End quote ---
Did people like the charity concert? Should we try to do something similar again? DId it work splitting the auction into two parts and keeping the charity items as surprises/mystery items? Did you like the idea about the otter noses? Should we try to bring next year's charity to the con as well? Should they bring animals? Would you be interested if next year's charity also did a panel?

--- End quote ---
Id really liked the charity concert but idk if the piano bar was the best room for it. It got a nice and intimate setting but some people has to be seated behind the bar thing and behind the singers so maybe not the ideal room. Otherwise a great concert and some wery touching moments! I really liked the idea to have a signed poster aviable for the concert.

As for the charity, I really liked the fact that they had dogs with them, and it make for a very nice conversation subject, as well as aded greatly to the con feeling in the lobby. And thus I am totaly sure that the huge success in found raising was due to them having theyre dogs with them! Idk if its doable but if so maybe some photo ops (where the fees goes to charity ofc) with them dogs and fursuiters might be a good idea next year? Providing the dogs accept it ofc. Maybe it could be a thing for furries to be photoed with GOH as well? Might be an extra way to ad some euros to the charity.

And without knowing who the charity are next year I would say yes! Id guess its not uncommon among us furries to be interested in the wellbeing of animals so yes.

Oh and I really liked the otter noses even thou I didnt had the chance to buy that many. More of them (or simular thing) next year please! After all: Every one loves a piece off candy every now and then!

Henrieke:

--- Quote from: Pinky on 11.09.2012, 23:48:04 ---DId it work splitting the auction into two parts and keeping the charity items as surprises/mystery items?
--- End quote ---
Having it split was nice in my opinion, technical/time problems aside! I think though that especially with some of the charity items that would get a lot of interest it would definitely help to show them in the art show; I think it would help draw in an audience. I don't really buy impulsively so when I buy original art I want to give it some time first, taking a long look. Also, I think that when people see a piece one or two days in advance already, and set their minds on it, that one piece will get stuck in their mind and they will really WANT it!
Leaving in surprises is also nice though, it might attract curious people, and would make the auction more interesting. So maybe showcase a few pieces in the art show, and keep some secret? Do make sure you advertise the SECRET allll over the place, then!

--- Quote from: Pinky on 11.09.2012, 23:48:04 ---Did you like the idea about the otter noses?

--- End quote ---
YES! I bought like, 20 bags of them XD
Ate half of them myself, got fat, giving the rest away to people.

--- Quote from: Pinky on 11.09.2012, 23:48:04 ---Should we try to bring next year's charity to the con as well? Should they bring animals?

--- End quote ---
YES and yes, if it's ok for the animals!

--- Quote from: Pinky on 11.09.2012, 23:48:04 --- Would you be interested if next year's charity also did a panel?

--- End quote ---
I did not get to attend this year's panel but I definitely think it's interesting. Was the panel well attended?

Bostitch:

--- Quote from: Pinky on 11.09.2012, 23:48:04 ---Did people like the charity concert? Should we try to do something similar again? DId it work splitting the auction into two parts and keeping the charity items as surprises/mystery items? Did you like the idea about the otter noses? Should we try to bring next year's charity to the con as well? Should they bring animals? Would you be interested if next year's charity also did a panel?

--- End quote ---
I probably don't need to say this as you were present yourself, but if there are mystery items, there really really need to be good photographs of those items available. :|

I think the split auction was a good idea. Trying to bring the charity to the con itself is definitely a plus. A charity panel sounds interesting, but with the schedule already so swamped, I'm not sure how well it would be attended.

Pinky:
Wow some really great and constructive answers so far. I like your ideas guys! I will definitely be taking them all into account when designing next years' events and activities. Many things was the first year we tried them out, so it's good to get some feedback to actually see from an attendee point of view how they worked out.

krakendwaggin:

--- Quote from: Pinky on 11.09.2012, 23:48:04 ---Did people like the charity concert? Should we try to do something similar again? DId it work splitting the auction into two parts and keeping the charity items as surprises/mystery items? Did you like the idea about the otter noses? Should we try to bring next year's charity to the con as well? Should they bring animals? Would you be interested if next year's charity also did a panel?

--- End quote ---

I think the Charity concert should be done on stage if possible, you'd be able to sell more tickets that way, though a smaller room leads to a much more 'intimate' concert, makes it more special.

The auction in two halves was a very good idea, just a shame about the technical problems!

The otter noses were a fantastic idea, I must've bought 30+ of them, I would've bought a case to take home if there was such a option! (heck, would still buy some if available!) , do this again next year!

Yes always try to bring the charity there, it's always much nicer to hear from the charity themselves, especially when they bring along the animals!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version