Eurofurence Information > Feedback

EF18 Feedback

<< < (5/37) > >>

Ravusy:
The problem I saw with the Dealer's Den rooms, was that all of the popular artists were placed in the same room. The room with the less known artists never had a entry cue.
So please mix the artists next year, it would enhance the flow rate of customers and ease the bottleneck problem.

Cairyn:

--- Quote from: Shiro on 04.09.2012, 22:28:59 ---I where told at the art show, after the art auction.
There would be put op a list off all the bidders. Where you could then see if you had indeed won anything, so if you didn't. You would not have to stand in line to get nothing  :P
This sounded like a really great plan. But I never was able to find said list, or a staff member who could tell me when it would be up.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, there was a mishap with the bidder numbers. Through a combination of human error and technical failure, some numbers were issued twice. We were forced to ask the affected bidders to identify the pieces they were actually bidding on. This prevented the automatic generation of proper usable winner lists (and caused some delays).

So, while it was planned to hang such lists in front of the Art Show (as we had done last year), they were ultimately deemed too unreliable and confusing to be used. Since we have taken steps to implement an additional security layer on the software for next year, the winner lists will return for EF19. I am very sorry about any fruitless waiting this year.

BD:
The charity was a really good one, it felt great to contribute to their cause. How much did they finally get in the end?

One other question - there was a crew from a Dutch TV show there, they filmed me and a few others in our fursuits while we were standing around in the lobby waiting for the Savannah Revolution concert to start , then when I was seated for the concert (still in my suit) they sat next to me and started asking questions, they asked me if I'd take my fursuit head off for the camera! (of course I didn't!) The woman seemed curious and friendly, yet a little bit pushy, and  I was courteous and friendly to them without really saying much, as it made me a bit cautious. Anyone know what that was about, hopefully they will do a positive feature about us for a change.

Jake R:

--- Quote from: BD on 04.09.2012, 23:41:41 ---The charity was a really good one, it felt great to contribute to their cause. How much did they finally get in the end?

One other question - there was a crew from a Dutch TV show there, they filmed me and a few others in our fursuits while we were standing around in the lobby waiting for the Savannah Revolution concert to start , then when I was seated for the concert (still in my suit) they sat next to me and started asking questions, they asked me if I'd take my fursuit head off for the camera! (of course I didn't!) The woman seemed curious and friendly, and  I was courteous and friendly to them without really saying much, as it made me a bit cautious. Anyone know what that was about, hopefully they will do a positive feature about us for a change.

--- End quote ---

[edit:] Official word on interviewing crew below. [/edit] I actually just saw today's episode, which was on Amsterdam's Red Light District. I was rather impressed with it, and if next week's episode on fursuiters (yes, next week!) is anywhere near as well executed as the one on prostitution I'd be glad to watch it. It's in Dutch, but who knows, it might end up subbed in English online someday =3

[edit:] The charity raised 'over €13.000'. Which is amaaaaazing! =D [/edit]

o'wolf:

--- Quote from: BD on 04.09.2012, 23:41:41 ---The charity was a really good one, it felt great to contribute to their cause. How much did they finally get in the end?
--- End quote ---
At least 13000 Euros according to the sign Pinky showed around at the Dead Dog Party.

--- Quote ---One other question - there was a crew from a Dutch TV show there, they filmed me and a few others in our fursuits while we were standing around in the lobby waiting for the Savannah Revolution concert to start , then when I was seated for the concert (still in my suit) they sat next to me and started asking questions, they asked me if I'd take my fursuit head off for the camera! (of course I didn't!) The woman seemed curious and friendly, and  I was courteous and friendly to them without really saying much, as it made me a bit cautious. Anyone know what that was about, hopefully they will do a positive feature about us for a change.
--- End quote ---

Hrmpf, they weren't supposed to film or even interview random people without asking them beforehand. I left them with a Dutch furry who should have kept an eye on it to avoid situations like this. No need to discuss it in public, but if anyone has made any negative experience with them please drop me a note so we can avoid situations like this in the future. The crew was from BNN, a  broadcaster which is part of the Dutch public broadcasting system. They were filming for a serious documentary series called "je zal het maar zijn" (very, very roughly: "you should see it from my point of view"). The previous seasons were the best I've seen in TV journalism in years, and I have reason to believe that the next season will be equally good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version