Eurofurence Information > Feedback

EF18 Feedback

<< < (6/37) > >>

Fafnir Kristensen:
Just an idea but maybe shuffle the *stars* artists between the two room would greatly reduce the queue in front of the main den.
The best thing would be two even sized room, so both would have the same level of interest, splitting the queue evenly, but I dont know if that configuration is possible with the available rooms.

--- Quote from: Alpha_Ki on 04.09.2012, 22:06:58 ---That was my first year as team lead and I promise, me and my will work hard on that.

The Den is a very important part of EF not only for the artists but also for the customers.
So far I tried to help every one who came to me with a problem face to face but I felt a little helpless when I saw people "camping" in front of the door. You guys moved me in a very positive way and I will do my very best to improve the Den not just from inside but also on the outside. :)

These impressions I have to deal with myself first. But we will talk about that at the next staff meeting.

--- End quote ---

BD:

--- Quote from: o'wolf on 05.09.2012, 00:06:25 ---
Hrmpf, they weren't supposed to film or even interview random people without asking them beforehand.

--- End quote ---

They did ask when we were in the lobby if we wanted to be filmed, they didn't just start filming without asking. I was just a little surprised when they ended up next to me in the concert though, I didn't want to be personally interviewed, so instead of answering I started asking them questions :) But don't worry they weren't being aggressive or anything at all, I was nice to them, it was fun but I think they picked up on the fact that I wasn't really into being interviewed. I remember she asked me "which do you prefer being, the bear or your human self?" and I said "Well I can't really play the guitar very well as the bear."

I hope to see the finished video, thanks for the info.

o'wolf:

--- Quote from: Jake R on 05.09.2012, 00:00:43 ---I actually just saw today's episode, which was on Amsterdam's Red Light District.
--- End quote ---

Before everyone panics: each episode portraits three people. One topic is about sexuality or gender issues, one is about someone with an unusual hobby, the third usually about someone completely "normal" who was involved in some kind of major incident by pure chance. They basically accompany their protagonists and let them talk, giving just a bit of background information. I've watched two seasons of the show and haven't seen them once exploiting or ridiculing the portrayed person. I have reason to expect the fursuit segment to be in the "unusual hobby" part of the episode.

(And yes, I do know the reservations against BNN in general. And they sure do have some shows I don't want the topic "furry" to appear on. Nevertheless, the reputation of the broadcaster is just one aspect of several to consider when we decide whether we let them in or not.)

Jake R:

--- Quote from: o'wolf on 05.09.2012, 00:31:52 ---Before everyone panics...

--- End quote ---

[edit:] Actually, you know what? I'm sick and not able to properly share my point. Bottom line is: I see absolutely no reason to panic, and am looking forward to next week. Feel free to delete my earlier posts and quotes of me on this if you think it is required. [/edit]

o'wolf:

--- Quote from: Jake R on 05.09.2012, 00:42:52 ---
--- Quote from: o'wolf on 05.09.2012, 00:31:52 ---Before everyone panics...

--- End quote ---

[edit:] Actually, you know what? I'm sick and not able to properly share my point. Bottom line is: I see absolutely no reason to panic, and am looking forward to next week. Feel free to delete my earlier posts and quotes of me on this if you think it is required. [/edit]

--- End quote ---

It wasn't directed against you. It's just that furries tend to jump to conclusions. I just want to clarify what the show is about to avoid that from happening. Heck, I just had to say "BNN" to have some people almost freak out when I talked about it before EF. Anyway, as usual I'll write up a report about the media coverage and work and why I allowed some things I normally wouldn't as soon as I have my wits back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version