Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Fursuit Friendly Dance

<< < (6/9) > >>

James The Dog:
I didn't even realise that party on the balcony was unauthorised, I'd been told it was a special invite-only party for some of the British furs. It was a bit loud and rowdy for the lobby either way.

Lightfox:

--- Quote from: BigBlueFox on 05.09.2012, 00:32:36 ---Nothing triggered the smoke detectors, and nothing would have. It was just a missunderstanding.

--- End quote ---

My bad on this one then, i didn't understand that part very well, sorry. But i still got the feeling there was more smoke at the fursuit dance than the big blue dance.

Fafnir Kristensen:
then maybe provide an alternate space for such kind of thing?
if it was possible at the Ringberg (though admittedly on sunday), it may be possible at the Maritime?

--- Quote from: doco on 05.09.2012, 00:26:19 ---
Seriously, people. No more C-floor party. That just doesn't work.

--- End quote ---

Snow-wolf:
My opinion concerning the photo being before the dance:

Starting the dance just after the photo had its advantages but also its disadvantages.

+ Was a good idea to do the photo in the main stage room (easier to seperate suiters from non-suiters)
+ Very convenient as you could just start bouncing right after the photo and the atmosphere with so many suiters starting to dance at once was just FANTASTIC.
+ Also loved that it was shot in the evening :P As im not a morning person (and from what i remember last year it was shot pretty early and i was a tiny bit hung over ;D )

- With having ALL the fursuiters starting the dance at once, and I really mean almost all, since everyone having a suit, usually wants his suit on the group photo, you shoot your bolt way too fast. Not everyone is sporty enough to stay on the dancefloor for more than 30min (me neither) and most ppl will only suit once during the evening and then head to shower and change into their ordinary clothes to continue partying.
So for it being the Fursuit Dance... there were almost no fursuiters on the dancefloor and I think that was part of the reason why.

With the photo not being just before the dance some ppl would have suited very early, some later and the number of suiters on the dancefloor would have been more steady.

BigBlueFox:

--- Quote from: Fafnir Kristensen on 05.09.2012, 00:39:01 ---then maybe provide an alternate space for such kind of thing?
if it was possible at the Ringberg (though admittedly on sunday), it may be possible at the Maritime?

--- End quote ---

It's the same issue as with the rock party that has been suggested for years.

Basically, if you fart a melody that sounds similar to anything a German GEMA-listed artist has composed, the German content mafia has got you by the balls.

People didn't seem to be pissed of the night the party happened, so we decided we'd keep an eye on it and let it go as long as it stays like that. But in general, we cannot have parties in public spaces since literally EVERY room that music is being played in needs to be registered.... and paid for.

Fun fact: Anthrocon, a con four times the size of ours, pays a fragment of what we have to pay for loyalty fees.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version