Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Fursuit Friendly Dance

<< < (7/9) > >>

Mystifur:
http://youtu.be/cyqyUZiNuJk?t=13m50s

BigBlueFox:

--- Quote from: Suran on 03.09.2012, 21:39:04 ---Not giving any commands to the crowd for a full minute after Thalian did his photo also wasn't a good idea.

--- End quote ---

I commanded the crowd to stop moving so I could take a few shots of video without interfering too much with Thalians camerawork. Lacking a microphone, I yelled out loudly. People did as I told, so apparently they must've understood me.

--- Quote from: Suran on 03.09.2012, 21:39:04 ---People start to wonder what the heck they are supposed to do now.

--- End quote ---

They stood perfectly still, as I had told them too.

--- Quote from: Suran on 03.09.2012, 21:39:04 ---Yes, it was announced that the dance would start rigth after the photo. But it was not made clear that there was no chance in attending the photo without the dance or to not bring any props or suit-parts that could break.

--- End quote ---

Sorry, but this sounds like complete BS. You make it sound like we forced people to dance. Anyone could just have left anytime they wanted. Also, if you KNEW that the dance would start right after the photo, why didn't you leave when the dance started? Why did you bring any fragile parts to begin with?

Suicune:

--- Quote from: BigBlueFox on 05.09.2012, 00:45:36 ---
--- Quote from: Fafnir Kristensen on 05.09.2012, 00:39:01 ---then maybe provide an alternate space for such kind of thing?
if it was possible at the Ringberg (though admittedly on sunday), it may be possible at the Maritime?

--- End quote ---

It's the same issue as with the rock party that has been suggested for years.

Basically, if you fart a melody that sounds similar to anything a German GEMA-listed artist has composed, the German content mafia has got you by the balls.

People didn't seem to be pissed of the night the party happened, so we decided we'd keep an eye on it and let it go as long as it stays like that. But in general, we cannot have parties in public spaces since literally EVERY room that music is being played in needs to be registered.... and paid for.

Fun fact: Anthrocon, a con four times the size of ours, pays a fragment of what we have to pay for loyalty fees.

--- End quote ---

And don't forget, they want to raise the fees! And that not just a little ^__^
OK, somehow they have to pay the gas for their big expensive cars... haha...

Thalian:

--- Quote from: BigBlueFox on 05.09.2012, 01:02:50 ---I commanded the crowd to stop moving so I could take a few shots of video without interfering too much with Thalians camerawork. Lacking a microphone, I yelled out loudly. People did as I told, so apparently they must've understood me.
--- End quote ---

For next year I suggest that we have at least TWO microphones available: One for me (if I do the stunt on the lifter again), and one for someone down in the dance area. This will make everything a LOT easier. And, even better: If I do this again next year, then I can use the photo from this year as a reference and simply put some duct tape markers on the floor to show where people have to stand to be on the picture :)

Suran:
The duct tape will probably only be visible to helpers but the idea is good.
Assuming that the number of fursuiters doesn't change that much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version